2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Intermediate Bushido Task 4
gregc1
Feb 23 2012, 06:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay. Here's mine. blink.gif

I actually hesitate to even post it because the middle part is such an absolute tragedy but here it is anyhow. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  task4.mp3 ( 1.12MB ) Number of downloads: 85

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 23 2012, 07:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 23 2012, 05:55 PM) *
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay. Here's mine. blink.gif

I actually hesitate to even post it because the middle part is such an absolute tragedy but here it is anyhow. smile.gif

Hey thanks for posting it !

It's not that bad, it just needs more time is all smile.gif

I quite liked the extra plink plonk sounds !! wink.gif

Nice tone as well biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 23 2012, 07:08 PM

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 23 2012, 09:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 23 2012, 06:07 PM) *
Hey thanks for posting it !

It's not that bad, it just needs more time is all smile.gif

I quite liked the extra plink plonk sounds !! wink.gif

Nice tone as well biggrin.gif

Hahaha! Thanks Ben laugh.gif

I will say I am pretty solid with the plink plonks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Feb 24 2012, 01:05 AM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Hi,
here is my take. I'm not satisfied with it, but I couldn't do it better in the time given sad.gif
It's really frustrating : I've been playing it for a while now, and I supposed I could do better than this. But when I've recorded the track, I figured out that there are a lot of "little" mistakes that damage the take. It's not the fear of the REC button as I've read on this site. It's just that I'm less perfectionist when I don't record myself. Surely a thing to work on.
Anyway, thanks Ben for this motivation. I've been playing the whole week to manage this, and it's been entertaining, even if the result is not as good as I expected.
Cheers,
GrindGuer
Attached File  picking_arpeggio_20120224_0057.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 84

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 24 2012, 01:30 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Feb 24 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Hi,
here is my take. I'm not satisfied with it, but I couldn't do it better in the time given sad.gif
It's really frustrating : I've been playing it for a while now, and I supposed I could do better than this. But when I've recorded the track, I figured out that there are a lot of "little" mistakes that damage the take. It's not the fear of the REC button as I've read on this site. It's just that I'm less perfectionist when I don't record myself. Surely a thing to work on.
Anyway, thanks Ben for this motivation. I've been playing the whole week to manage this, and it's been entertaining, even if the result is not as good as I expected.
Cheers,
GrindGuer
Attached File  picking_arpeggio_20120224_0057.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 84

Man you're describing my take. Your take sounded great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 09:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Feb 24 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Hi,
Cheers,
GrindGuer

GG, that is a solid effort for a week's work ! You should be pleased... even when I pick up the guitar and run through I get bum notes here and there !! wink.gif

Great tone and timing as well..

Well done biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Feb 24 2012, 10:17 AM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
QUOTE (gregc1)
Man you're describing my take. Your take sounded great!

Thank you Greg. My take wasn't that good. I feel less lonely knowing we are two with the same kind of problem wink.gif
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 24 2012, 09:59 AM) *
GG, that is a solid effort for a week's work ! You should be pleased... even when I pick up the guitar and run through I get bum notes here and there !! wink.gif

Great tone and timing as well..

Well done biggrin.gif

Thanks Ben. The thing is it was my best attempt on a lot of takes, not the one I did while I picked up the guitar wink.gif. Anyway, thanks for your kind words.

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 24 2012, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Here it is is.

Its been a really hard task to be able to play this with fluent chord changes but it was a great

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 24 2012, 11:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (superize @ Feb 24 2012, 09:01 PM) *
Here it is is.

Its been a really hard task to be able to play this with fluent chord changes but it was a great

That sounded really good man!

I really must have tiny hands. sad.gif I just could not make those stretches that you guys are making.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 25 2012, 11:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Feb 24 2012, 09:01 PM) *
Here it is is.

Great playing Ize ! You did really well.. which chord shape gave you the most trouble ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 25 2012, 12:09 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Going to those chords with the wide stretches was the hardest for me, especially going to the last chord in the tune

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:01 PM