> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Coffeeman’s Creative Guitar Works, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2012, 05:57 PM
Instructor
Hi Coffeeman! This is your personal thread for the Gab's Army project.
Please post here your musical tastes, influences, your goals as a musician and also some videos of you playing. Also post here your own demos/compositions/ideas. We will be working on lessons every week as well as joining some collabs and working on your own compositions.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... ph34r.gif )

Let's start working! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 22 2012, 06:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

My musical taste is basically rock, but I'm very open mind, so I hear grunge, Indie,jazz, classical, neoclassical, electronic, traditional colombian music. and for a time now I've been listening a lot to guys like Guthrie Govan, Alex Hutchings and Greg Howe.

My goal is to create my own music, focused on a instrumental rock basis(very melodic) with elements from electronic music, maybe colombian traditional music, but basically very melodic. Of course i think I need to improve my vibrato, alternate picking and legato, and the creation of great melodies.

here is my soundcloud: I have here a couple of short ideas http://soundcloud.com/andrucoffeeman

Here is mypace: I have here a couple of songs I made a time ago, only the backing tracks, thats wy I need to improve my composition skills , to create the melodies. http://myspace.com/willsguitarist1

and here is my youtube channel where I have all my REC videos : http://youtube.com/coffeemanR6

So let's destroy our enemies.

Thanks for taking me in!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2012, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Cofeeman! There are some really cool ideas in your sound cloud! It's a great decision to record all that stuff recorded and ready to be continued. We have to do something with that "Imagine your reality" riff! smile.gif

On this first week I will assign you to work on the first lesson of my Intensive Technique Course:

LESSON #1 – WARMING UP & ENDURANCE

The idea is that we add this course's exercises to your diary training because I think that your technique needs to move to a new level. You have to work hard on technique, gain more strength with your left hand and more speed and precision with your right hand. Work on this exercises and record yourself playing it in 6 days. Concentrate on the sound, the volume of each note, not on the speed. Play it the faster than you can but the limit must be when you start to loose clearness.

As creativity must be trained I will keep you composing new solos and ideas every week. For this week your "creativity" assignment is to choose one of the open collabs and record your take. First you can post it here to let me give you some feedback and then you can add it to the collabs thread. Let me know which collab you choose so maybe I can give you some advices or post some links from songs that could give you some inspiration.

And also keep recording every idea that appears and post it here! smile.gif

This would be all for this week. Do you think that you'll be able to have all the videos by the next Wednesday?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 23 2012, 03:28 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

here is my first assigment(I used a different youtube account in order not to spam my suscribers):

Ex.1 96 BPM Ex.2 126 BPM Ex.3 84 Ex.4 116 BPM Ex.5 120 BPM Ex.6 80 BPM Ex.7 112 BPM

On the other hand I decided to join Alex Feather collab, I jamed today along the BT but didn't record anything yet , I'll upload something as soon as possible.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2012, 10:02 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! You are so fast!! smile.gif
The exercises sound good. This exercises should be now part of your daily routine. The exercises that doesn't sound perfect are the ones that use the fingers 4 - 3 -1 (in this order). In these two exercises your timing isn't perfect.

That Alex's collab is a really cool choice! I love that backing. Please post here your ideas or some jams and maybe we can build toghether a cool solo over it. I was thinking giving this lesson as your second assigment: Funk Lesson
It's a funk lesson that has a feel similar to Alex's Collab, so you can borrow some phrasing (however the scales used are different). Jose Lassaga has strong Greg Howe influences so you will find many licks in the style that you like (and also in the style of Saraceno)
What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 24 2012, 03:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

I started practicing yesterday the Funk Lesson from Jose, and it's awesome, it's bit challenging but I will have it in a week or so. I did the warming & and endurance excercises for about 45 minutes. And I jammed along Alex BT, but didn't record anything, I gues i'l just jam and record an improvisation and see what it comes.

So, I'm on my way, and I'm having good results already.

Thanks my friend

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2012, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Hey! those are great news friend! well done!! smile.gif In the near future you should play the warming up exercises faster and for some minutes without feeling pain.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 24 2012, 03:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Perfect, I'll increase speed gradually. ON the other hand I change my pick, I saw that Guthrie Govan Video that was posted in the forums, I was using a Stubby 3.0 mm pick, and since I saw Guthrie video I'm using a Jazz III pick, we'll see how it goes.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2012, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Well done! Thicker picks are better for soloing in electric guitar. I've never tried those ones but I use Dunlop 1.5 mm and it works great for me.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 24 2012, 11:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

If you have time please take a look at the Funk Lesson from Jose, I don't know how to pick those arpegio licks, which way you think is better, alternate picking, economy or sweeping ?

Thanks

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2012, 04:48 PM
Instructor
Jose is using mostly Alternate picking in this lesson (and some little economy picking in some parts). The lesson isn't fast so you could play it using AP. However I think that you should use the technique that you find more comfortable. Also note that there is a part where he use Hybrid picking. If you are totally lost with how to pick the lesson, just copy Jose's motions.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 29 2012, 04:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

Here are a few licks on Alex Fusion Collab

http://soundcloud.com/andrucoffeeman/fusion-collab-first-take

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 29 2012, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Hi man! There are some cool licks there. I would select the best ones and continue working on the other sections. I like the first phrase (from 00:03 to 00:06). The following one doesn't sound cool over the backing. Another idea that I really like is what you play from 00:13 to 00:18, I would work on that phrase a bit more. Also the sequence starting at 00:20 sounds good even until 00:30.

I would take those ideas and work on the other parts.. try to use other note values to make it more attractive... maybe some long double string bends or something a bit faster..

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 2 2012, 02:11 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

Quick update:

I've been doing the Warming up and endurance excercises and today I notice a little improvement, I can play all ex. almost 4 bpm faster tha last week, and I can play them a bit longer, aldo my hand doesn't hurt as much as lasta week

At this moment I can play Jose lesson at 70 BPM but no that smooth, have to improve the timing , but I'm on my way, it has taken more time than I thought bu it's an awesome lesson.

I haven't work on my last riff I showed you, I'll try to come up with something this weekend.

Today I jammed along Alex collab BT taking your advices and I have a couple of new ideas, I'll show them to you tomorrow.

So thats it, I've been busy with all the homework

saludos!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2012, 03:42 AM
Instructor
wou! that's what I call productivity! smile.gif
It's so inspiring to know all those news from you! I'm so exited regarding all your work and also your improvements. Don't worry about lessons that takes more time than the estimated.. the idea is to keep working.. let's enjoy all the process! smile.gif

Looking forward to your videos and audio files!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 7 2012, 02:15 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

here is my take on Jose lesson , it was very challenging becuase of the timing , and that last lick has a strange fingering, I also notice watching the video tat I'm using my thum a lot when alternate picking, so I gues I have to work on that. I submited the video ti the REC to get the opinion from the other instructors too.

On the other hand I'm practicing at least one hour the warming up and endurance excercises and I added to my routine the alternate picking excerces too, the ones that you show on your intensive technique course.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2012, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Hi Coffeman! Thanks for the video and the update! You are very close on this one. The take is good but as you said the timing is an issue that you need to work on this one. That funky groove is difficult at first but once you incorporate it you won't have problems. That thumb movement isn't something important when you are playing slow licks but it's a big problem for fast playing so you should try to avoid it. You already know the things to work on so I recommend you to keep playing this one and record a new take in some days.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 9 2012, 02:12 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

In this link you can whatch my progress on the Warming up and Endurance and Right Hand alternate Picking Excercises

Progress File

And here is a new version of my take on Alex collab, I used and adapted a couple of licks from Jose lesson

http://soundcloud.com/andrucoffeeman/insanity-fusion-collab

On the other hand I was working on my latest song "Imagine your reality" and I really don't know how to develop the idea, I keep repeating the sam riff over and over. Can you help on that?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2012, 04:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I liked that organized file with your progress! Well done! However I'm scared! You are playing the exercises number 2 at 1380bpm... you'll travel in time with that speed!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

The new take for the collab is much more in style! It's great to see that you applied some licks from the lesson. There are many cool ideas there, in some parts I feel that the patterns that you use are sometimes a bit long, I would end them before with any cool bend or something. I would also improve the first idea, I think that something with more impact for the beginning would be cool. Also try to play the licks with more confidence for the final take...

These are the comments, but let me say that you did a very good job and that I note a big improvement comparing this one with the previous take.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 10 2012, 05:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Gabi,

Thanks a lot for your comments they're really helping me a lot!

Getting back to work, since Alex collab is already closed I sent that las take. But it was a very cool excercise to work on it.

I joined Sinisa's Fanatic Collab, so I'll start working on it, what do you think? Should we work on a new lesson too, to get ideas from it? This collab is open till 15th january, and after that I was planning on working on your Slash collab.

So tell me what you think, or just tell me what to do and I'll do it , am a faithful soldier!

Thanks a lot my friend!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:26 AM