> Aproggios / Finger Picking
BollyRotten
post Mar 9 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

Hello All.

Its been a while since I have posted on this forum. All part of getting old I am afraid! Been a member on this forum on and off since 2005. I have recently been getting back into my guitar. Going to a Noel Gallagher concert last week really inspired me to dust off the acoustic and start playing again. I have always been a player that can not get on with a plec. Always used my fingers.

I always really liked finger style playing and could master a few tunes like Brian Adams summer 69, fading out Radiohead and Pink floyd Is there any body out here.

I am now so rusty I am looking for some easier tunes or patterns to learn to get me back into the wing of things.
Can anybody recommend anything.

I found this geezer on Youtube who is in my opinion really good and again some inspiration for me. I know he may not be everyones cup of tea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ4Xt-8U-Kg

--------------------
I need more fingers!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
post Mar 9 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 14.225

Maybe some Tracy Chapman?

Work your way up to some Richard Thompson stuff

I remember doing Spadau Ballet - Through the Barricades as Fingerstyle and Vocals as a GCSE performance piece at school

Fingerstyle is probably what I'm best at when it comes to guitar playing, though I only noodle about with it nowadays

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Mar 9 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 14.398

QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Mar 9 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Hello All.

Its been a while since I have posted on this forum. All part of getting old I am afraid! Been a member on this forum on and off since 2005. I have recently been getting back into my guitar. Going to a Noel Gallagher concert last week really inspired me to dust off the acoustic and start playing again. I have always been a player that can not get on with a plec. Always used my fingers.

I always really liked finger style playing and could master a few tunes like Brian Adams summer 69, fading out Radiohead and Pink floyd Is there any body out here.

I am now so rusty I am looking for some easier tunes or patterns to learn to get me back into the wing of things.

I found this geezer on Youtube who is in my opinion really good and again some inspiration for me. I know he may not be everyones cup of tea

I am glad you back! Music is something you can never quit! smile.gif
I just made a lesson it's all finger picking and not as hard as it seems!
You can try learning it and if you have any questions you can always ask me and I will be more than happy to help you out!
Here is the lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Love-Story/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 9 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Welcome back! smile.gif If possible, try to join in some collabs to get some practice using this type of technique in some solos. As a bonus you'll get some great feedback!

Todd

QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Mar 9 2012, 08:59 AM) *
Hello All.

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
post Mar 9 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 14.316

Here are some of my favorite finger style players....

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Mar 10 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (derper @ Mar 9 2012, 09:51 PM) *
Here are some of my favorite finger style players....

Andy McKee is really good!!! I like his playing a lot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
post Mar 10 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 39

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 9 2012, 04:30 PM) *
Maybe some Tracy Chapman?

Work your way up to some Richard Thompson stuff

I remember doing Spadau Ballet - Through the Barricades as Fingerstyle and Vocals as a GCSE performance piece at school

Fingerstyle is probably what I'm best at when it comes to guitar playing, though I only noodle about with it nowadays

Nice one on the Tracy Chapman. Learnt fast Car a bit to quickly! but brilliant. It all gets my fingers going again and hardens the skin back up as I am only playing my acoustic at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 12 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #8

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Hey man! Welcome back smile.gif a lot of things have changed around here and become even more awesome biggrin.gif I would highly recommend acoustic lessons around here - they can pump you up in no time wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/fi...yle%20acoustic/

click on the link for a selection of interesting and 'ready to tackle' pieces wink.gif and please let me know if I may be of any further help

all the best

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Mar 14 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi man! Maybe you could check some lessons from Alejandro Pinero. He plays electric guitar with fingerpicking technique.

Check his personal profile:

Alejandro Pinero

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Mar 16 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #10

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Mar 9 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Hello All.

Your post inspired me so I have created a finger picking lesson! It should be published in a couple of months!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 11:52 AM