> Aproggios / Finger Picking
BollyRotten
post Mar 9 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

Hello All.

Its been a while since I have posted on this forum. All part of getting old I am afraid! Been a member on this forum on and off since 2005. I have recently been getting back into my guitar. Going to a Noel Gallagher concert last week really inspired me to dust off the acoustic and start playing again. I have always been a player that can not get on with a plec. Always used my fingers.

I always really liked finger style playing and could master a few tunes like Brian Adams summer 69, fading out Radiohead and Pink floyd Is there any body out here.

I am now so rusty I am looking for some easier tunes or patterns to learn to get me back into the wing of things.
Can anybody recommend anything.

I found this geezer on Youtube who is in my opinion really good and again some inspiration for me. I know he may not be everyones cup of tea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ4Xt-8U-Kg

--------------------
I need more fingers!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
post Mar 9 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 14.225

Maybe some Tracy Chapman?

Work your way up to some Richard Thompson stuff

I remember doing Spadau Ballet - Through the Barricades as Fingerstyle and Vocals as a GCSE performance piece at school

Fingerstyle is probably what I'm best at when it comes to guitar playing, though I only noodle about with it nowadays

--------------------
Currently Working on

PosterBoy's Modern Riffing with Gabriel

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Mar 9 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 14.398

QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Mar 9 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Hello All.

Its been a while since I have posted on this forum. All part of getting old I am afraid! Been a member on this forum on and off since 2005. I have recently been getting back into my guitar. Going to a Noel Gallagher concert last week really inspired me to dust off the acoustic and start playing again. I have always been a player that can not get on with a plec. Always used my fingers.

I always really liked finger style playing and could master a few tunes like Brian Adams summer 69, fading out Radiohead and Pink floyd Is there any body out here.

I am now so rusty I am looking for some easier tunes or patterns to learn to get me back into the wing of things.

I found this geezer on Youtube who is in my opinion really good and again some inspiration for me. I know he may not be everyones cup of tea

I am glad you back! Music is something you can never quit! smile.gif
I just made a lesson it's all finger picking and not as hard as it seems!
You can try learning it and if you have any questions you can always ask me and I will be more than happy to help you out!
Here is the lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Love-Story/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 9 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Welcome back! smile.gif If possible, try to join in some collabs to get some practice using this type of technique in some solos. As a bonus you'll get some great feedback!

Todd

QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Mar 9 2012, 08:59 AM) *
Hello All.

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
post Mar 9 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 14.316

Here are some of my favorite finger style players....

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Mar 10 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (derper @ Mar 9 2012, 09:51 PM) *
Here are some of my favorite finger style players....

Andy McKee is really good!!! I like his playing a lot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
post Mar 10 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 39

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 9 2012, 04:30 PM) *
Maybe some Tracy Chapman?

Work your way up to some Richard Thompson stuff

I remember doing Spadau Ballet - Through the Barricades as Fingerstyle and Vocals as a GCSE performance piece at school

Fingerstyle is probably what I'm best at when it comes to guitar playing, though I only noodle about with it nowadays

Nice one on the Tracy Chapman. Learnt fast Car a bit to quickly! but brilliant. It all gets my fingers going again and hardens the skin back up as I am only playing my acoustic at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 12 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #8

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Hey man! Welcome back smile.gif a lot of things have changed around here and become even more awesome biggrin.gif I would highly recommend acoustic lessons around here - they can pump you up in no time wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/fi...yle%20acoustic/

click on the link for a selection of interesting and 'ready to tackle' pieces wink.gif and please let me know if I may be of any further help

all the best

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Mar 14 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi man! Maybe you could check some lessons from Alejandro Pinero. He plays electric guitar with fingerpicking technique.

Check his personal profile:

Alejandro Pinero

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Mar 16 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #10

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Mar 9 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Hello All.

Your post inspired me so I have created a finger picking lesson! It should be published in a couple of months!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 08:07 AM