> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Lydian Spring Love Song Video Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2012, 10:33 AM
Instructor
Hey crew!

Spring is here and what better way to celebrate than gather our forces in a new collab?

I had a little idea in mind with this one tongue.gif Since Spring is a time for fresh new starts, love, sunshine and all that sort of stuff laugh.gif (hope it is in your book as well) here's what we shall do with this one:

- think about your significant other and make up a little solo over this track which will fit into 16 bars and would describe what you feel for that person - of course, it can also be someone you like, if you are single wink.gif

- in your video, but only if you want to, place a picture of that person somewhere in the room - it doesn't necessarily have to be obvious and hitting everyone in the eye, or does it? Your choice here!

- in the end I hope we will have a giant love song dedicated to the people we love smile.gif

All that being said - let's see the tech specs:

Tempo: 140 BPM

Scales used: F Lydian/ C Ionian

Progression: FM7 CM7

Material format - please send all materials in an archive using rapidshare or a similar transfer service.

- one track containing your take (wav.)
- one track containing your take over the backing track (wav.)
- the video file (avi.)

Deadline: March 24th 2012 - I would like to ask you not to delay the submission smile.gif

Let's rock....gently laugh.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lydian_Spring_Collab_BT.mp3 ( 3.4MB ) Number of downloads: 387

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 10 2012, 02:07 PM
Learning Roadie
V Nice backing mate,

I'm in.... cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2012, 04:51 PM
Instructor
Awesome Jordan! wink.gif I'll be waiting for your take biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 14 2012, 11:34 PM
GMC:er
Very cool backing! Almost a jazz vibe? It's way outside of my range so I"M IN!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2012, 08:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 14 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Very cool backing! Almost a jazz vibe? It's way outside of my range so I"M IN!

biggrin.gif Hey Todd, welcome on board man! Well, it has a jazzy feel to it indeed, but I think jazz would make it sound TOO fancy for what it is tongue.gif Let's make this shine!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 15 2012, 06:41 PM
I'm in if I can figure out my video editing!! I'm not having much success with makinf vids at the moment!!
mad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2012, 12:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 15 2012, 05:41 PM) *
I'm in if I can figure out my video editing!! I'm not having much success with makinf vids at the moment!!
mad.gif

Neil! hey man, let me help ya out smile.gif what seems to be the problem?

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Mar 16 2012, 02:39 AM
Hey Cosmin,

I finished my f-lydian video just a minute ago.. biggrin.gif I will upload tomorrow!

cheers,

S.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2012, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (steve-rec-freak @ Mar 16 2012, 01:39 AM) *
Hey Cosmin,

I finished my f-lydian video just a minute ago.. biggrin.gif I will upload tomorrow!

cheers,

S.

Wow biggrin.gif thanks man! Check out your thread in about 10 minutes wink.gif

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Mar 16 2012, 10:21 AM
Hey Cosmin !

And here it is... biggrin.gif

https://rapidshare.com/files/1537349980/F-l...e-rec-freak.zip

Let me please know if its ok. Otherwise I still have some time left to redo it tongue.gif .

cheers,

S.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 16 2012, 07:22 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 15 2012, 11:59 PM) *
Neil! hey man, let me help ya out smile.gif what seems to be the problem?

Thanks mate, but it's just me learning new software and stuff!! Once I get the hang of it I'll be fine!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (steve-rec-freak @ Mar 16 2012, 09:21 AM) *
Hey Cosmin !

And here it is... biggrin.gif

https://rapidshare.com/files/1537349980/F-l...e-rec-freak.zip

Let me please know if its ok. Otherwise I still have some time left to redo it tongue.gif .

cheers,

S.

Everything is just perfect, with one tiny exception - I'd like you to send me the raw version of the guitar take without any effects whatsoever smile.gif if you recorded it with the delay on, leave it like that and I'll use a separate channel for your take wink.gif very nice solo man! I like it biggrin.gif

cheers

Cosmin

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Mar 17 2012, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 17 2012, 11:12 AM) *
Everything is just perfect, with one tiny exception - I'd like you to send me the raw version of the guitar take without any effects whatsoever smile.gif if you recorded it with the delay on, leave it like that and I'll use a separate channel for your take wink.gif very nice solo man! I like it biggrin.gif

cheers

Cosmin

Thanks man! biggrin.gif I really appreciate it! smile.gif - And here it comes :

https://rapidshare.com/files/1727838711/F-L...uitar_clean.aif

This file contains my guitar without any effects, even without delay. Please be gentle tongue.gif . Don't make it too dry laugh.gif

cheers,

S.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2012, 02:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (steve-rec-freak @ Mar 17 2012, 04:49 PM) *
Thanks man! biggrin.gif I really appreciate it! smile.gif - And here it comes :

https://rapidshare.com/files/1727838711/F-L...uitar_clean.aif

This file contains my guitar without any effects, even without delay. Please be gentle tongue.gif . Don't make it too dry laugh.gif

cheers,

S.

Thank you very much mate! biggrin.gif I needed the raw recording so that I may blend it easily with the others smile.gif and add effects afterwards

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2012, 07:54 PM
Instructor
Hey gang, here's my audio take biggrin.gif still a bit polishing here and there needed, but this is the main idea.

What do you guys think? This little piece is like a dialogue: I am starting with the theme from E and going on with the fast run telling my girl how busy I was and that I can't always be there all the time, and she answers with the second theme starting from B telling me she misses me smile.gif this is what came to mind when I wrote this.

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Cosmin_Lydian_V1.mp3 ( 543.63K ) Number of downloads: 266

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Mar 19 2012, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 19 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Hey gang, here's my audio take biggrin.gif still a bit polishing here and there needed, but this is the main idea.

What do you guys think? This little piece is like a dialogue: I am starting with the theme from E and going on with the fast run telling my girl how busy I was and that I can't always be there all the time, and she answers with the second theme starting from B telling me she misses me smile.gif this is what came to mind when I wrote this.

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,

I totally like it. biggrin.gif Its sounding great man !! Nice storytelling. cool.gif

cheers,

S.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 20 2012, 02:42 AM
Learning Roadie
Who could I write about that wouldn't be corny? This is supposed to something fuzzy and warm, right? How do you write a solo about someone else if it's not your significant other (i have none). Everybody I think of seems too corny for what I am trying to write. What if I write about my future wife? Like we are destined for each other, but we don't know who each other is...She is somewhere on the planet, just like I am somewhere on the planet. But there won't be a picture then, because I have no idea who she will be. Is that okay? I think I can write about this then. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2012, 07:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 20 2012, 01:42 AM) *
Who could I write about that wouldn't be corny? This is supposed to something fuzzy and warm, right? How do you write a solo about someone else if it's not your significant other (i have none). Everybody I think of seems too corny for what I am trying to write. What if I write about my future wife? Like we are destined for each other, but we don't know who each other is...She is somewhere on the planet, just like I am somewhere on the planet. But there won't be a picture then, because I have no idea who she will be. Is that okay? I think I can write about this then. smile.gif

Hey Brandon! Go for it, sure biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2012, 04:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (steve-rec-freak @ Mar 19 2012, 09:31 PM) *
Hi Cosmin,

I totally like it. biggrin.gif Its sounding great man !! Nice storytelling. cool.gif

cheers,

S.

Hehe, thanks man! My girl hasn't heard it yet though laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2012, 10:21 AM
Instructor
Hey mates! How are you faring with the takes so far? The deadline is closing in and it would be awesome if you could send your materials until the 25th (that day included wink.gif)

thank you!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:46 AM