Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recording Newbie
post Mar 22 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Learning Chord Basher

Group: Members
Member No.: 9.473

Hi Guys. I'm going to build my very first home studio. First of all I dont want to ask any question before I read the whole forum Q/A pages. Though I'm so curious about one thing. How can teachers record with the best quality of sound and display at the same time? For example Cosmin has a few sond changes with his playing on Katatonia lesson yet he doesn't move his fingers off the guitar to change the sound on computer or pedal or what ever.Guess I have a looong path in front of me to learn recording.

-Life is beautiful-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Mar 22 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.304

Generally they will record the tune as they would a song, all layers of guitars, drum and bass. Then in the videos, generally the "main guitar part" is played, harmonies may or may not be shown. Or if there is a solo not shown being played, some instructors make the solo a separate lesson.

There are many ways of doing it, I for one record video in a basic camera, and record on my computer at the same time normally. Then when I edit the video I remove the audio track and the video, and use the one I recorded, and synch them up.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2016 - 10:31 PM