Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Have No Clue
Verbity
post Jun 5 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.963

So I'm so brand new I don't know what the stuff on the tabs say....for example in the beginner section on the scales it says 7b or something on the A string and then like 7br on the G string ...what's b and br?? And is it wrong to start off with learning the As I Lay Dying "Elegy" solo??? laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Jun 5 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #2

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (Verbity @ Jun 4 2007, 07:36 PM) *
So I'm so brand new I don't know what the stuff on the tabs say....for example in the beginner section on the scales it says 7b or something on the A string and then like 7br on the G string ...what's b and br?? And is it wrong to start off with learning the As I Lay Dying "Elegy" solo??? laugh.gif

Have a look at my Tabs lesson in the theory session, here smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
post Jun 11 2007, 06:20 AM
Post #3

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.062

QUOTE (Verbity @ Jun 4 2007, 05:36 PM) *

hmm never heard of that solo but im sure that if u practice the beginner lessons here at GMC youll learn alot, also for beginner soloing i used to do alot of Nirvana soloing, try it its very easy and cool! laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Jun 11 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #4

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

QUOTE (Verbity @ Jun 5 2007, 12:36 AM) *

Dont worry about it, we all have to start somewhere. I would recommend keep practicing all the beginner lessons and youll have a solid foundation to start with ! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Marraboy
post Jun 12 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.067

I find the timing the hardest part of playing solos. I think the advice given here is great - start by learning some slower/easier solos so you can get your timing and technique perfect before moving on to harder stuff.

And as I have recently learned the Metronome is a god send for timing!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 09:41 PM