Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introducing Me, It's just me
post Apr 10 2012, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.403

New member here. My name is Allen and I'm from Winnipeg, Canada. I won a year's membership from the Roadhouse Podcast. I think I'm a little older (?!) than your typical member here - I'll be 44 this summer and I assure you that it's not as big of a number as it seems.

I've been playing casually for a few years, and I want to get better but I don't know how. I need a roadmap - a path to follow. I'm not out to become a brootal shredder virtuoso or anything -I just want to be able to grind out some down & dirty blues.

Stuff I like:
Jeff Healey
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Joe Bonomassa
George Thorogood

The styles I want to learn are: acoustic/Delta/fingerstyle blues, electric blues and slide guitar. Is there an instructor here that specializes in that?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Apr 10 2012, 02:58 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.750

Welcome Paket! Check out some of the threads on practice, and practice area in my signature. I think you will find them helpful. I am sure there is an instructor or two that can help you with the styles you are into. Go to and take your pick, or pick them all. A lot of them have mentoring programs open which cost nothing, but your time. Good luck!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Apr 10 2012, 09:03 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Welcome to GMC ! smile.gif

Yes, definitely check out those instructors DWR posted up, Ivan has loads of great blues lessons cool.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 03:51 PM