Wireless System
Qenzoz
Apr 12 2012, 03:01 PM
GMC:er
Hello, I am very interested in getting a wireless system for my guitar biggrin.gif, but since I don't know a lot about wireless systems, I was wondering if anyone knows which ones are good and not way too expensive smile.gif

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 12 2012, 03:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Line 6 Relay series are probably the best unless you want to throw serious $$$ on one

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Apr 12 2012, 03:30 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 12 2012, 04:22 PM) *
Line 6 Relay series are probably the best unless you want to throw serious $$$ on one

Okay, thanks biggrin.gif, but something like the Line 6 Relay G30, would be fine? smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 12 2012, 04:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Yep

Lots of great reviews of them, even pros are using them.

If I wasn't 2' away from my rig when I play, I'd have one without a doubt

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Apr 12 2012, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 12 2012, 05:45 PM) *
Yep

Lots of great reviews of them, even pros are using them.

If I wasn't 2' away from my rig when I play, I'd have one without a doubt

biggrin.gif, thanks! smile.gif, been looking at reviews of it and it looks really good! I'm going to buy that one in the end of this month smile.gif, cheers!

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2012, 07:02 PM
Instructor
Good question man! I am very interested in such a unit myself smile.gif all that jumping and running around is not too easy with a cable attached, right?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 13 2012, 03:09 AM
Instructor
I use to own a few myself! The thing is you have to spend a lot of money if you want to get one that will work and you don't have to worry about it loosing a signal or having noise in the middle of the show!
I personally won't suggest one because it's another thing to worry about, but if you will decide to get one spend at least $600 otherwise you might be disappointed! I know a few guys who have cheap wireless and they don't like it at all!
If you want I can suggest you some models! Just send me PM if you need help!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Apr 13 2012, 03:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 13 2012, 02:09 AM) *
I use to own a few myself! The thing is you have to spend a lot of money if you want to get one that will work and you don't have to worry about it loosing a signal or having noise in the middle of the show!
I personally won't suggest one because it's another thing to worry about, but if you will decide to get one spend at least $600 otherwise you might be disappointed! I know a few guys who have cheap wireless and they don't like it at all!
If you want I can suggest you some models! Just send me PM if you need help!

+1

In my experience with Wireless systems, I don't like many of them. Like Alex said, you can lose your signal and have some serious frequency issues. My biggest issue is that they really tend to damage your guitar tone. Personally, the only Line 6 relay I have used that was good was the G90 Rackmount Relay. It is the best I have found on a budget(If $560 USD can be considered a budget price). Otherwise, I suggest sticking with cables.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 13 2012, 07:46 AM
Instructor
So would you recommend this one? I am keen on getting such a unit, but indeed I have always thought upon the idea of losing signal. Thanks man!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 13 2012, 08:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Apr 13 2012, 02:50 AM) *
+1

In my experience with Wireless systems, I don't like many of them. Like Alex said, you can lose your signal and have some serious frequency issues. My biggest issue is that they really tend to damage your guitar tone. Personally, the only Line 6 relay I have used that was good was the G90 Rackmount Relay. It is the best I have found on a budget(If $560 USD can be considered a budget price). Otherwise, I suggest sticking with cables.

Nothing is better than cables!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Apr 13 2012, 02:05 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 13 2012, 06:46 AM) *
So would you recommend this one? I am keen on getting such a unit, but indeed I have always thought upon the idea of losing signal. Thanks man!

If you can wait a little while longer for the G90, I would highly recommend it. If the G30 is at the peak of your price range, I would recommend using money to buy George L cables. The G30 is definitely the best wireless unit in that range, but if the other musicians in your band are using them, you may have frequency issues, as I am not certain how wide of a frequency the G30 is capable of. If you switch over from Monster Cables, you may not notice any tone colouration, but if you are like me and you use fancy cables, then you will most certainly notice a change(with the G30).

It was actually Opeth that turned me on to the Rackmount G90, so I may end up getting it. Their live sound is incredible!

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 13 2012, 07:46 AM) *
Nothing is better than cables!

Especially George L cables! I lost a lot of tone from using Mogami Cables, Livewire Cables, and Monster Cables. I made the switch and I am happier than ever!

This post has been edited by Nihilist1: Apr 13 2012, 02:06 PM

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Apr 17 2012, 01:08 PM
I used a Shure wireless system. (think it was called pg-14) for a year or so. I still got it but haven't used it a lot lately since we don't play very big stages and I forgot to get new batteries all the time. I move around like an idiot when I can. I never had any trouble with my tone that I noticed. However, I've only run it through 4 pedals at max at a time so if you have bigger boards etc maybe try before you buy.

This post has been edited by PanicProne: Apr 17 2012, 01:09 PM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 18 2012, 06:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Apr 13 2012, 01:05 PM) *
If you can wait a little while longer for the G90, I would highly recommend it. If the G30 is at the peak of your price range, I would recommend using money to buy George L cables. The G30 is definitely the best wireless unit in that range, but if the other musicians in your band are using them, you may have frequency issues, as I am not certain how wide of a frequency the G30 is capable of. If you switch over from Monster Cables, you may not notice any tone colouration, but if you are like me and you use fancy cables, then you will most certainly notice a change(with the G30).

It was actually Opeth that turned me on to the Rackmount G90, so I may end up getting it. Their live sound is incredible!

Especially George L cables! I lost a lot of tone from using Mogami Cables, Livewire Cables, and Monster Cables. I made the switch and I am happier than ever!

I have never heard of George L can you send me a link?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2012, 10:04 AM
Instructor
Uh, George L are pretty famous! What sort of cables are you using Alex?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 18 2012, 02:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 12 2012, 04:22 PM) *

+1 on Line 6 digital wireless systems.
I heard good things about them and was considering getting one myself.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Apr 18 2012, 02:46 PM
Here you go, Alex!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 18 2012, 06:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 18 2012, 09:04 AM) *
Uh, George L are pretty famous! What sort of cables are you using Alex?

I use Mogami but they are breaking all the time! I don't like them anymore smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Apr 18 2012, 07:11 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 18 2012, 05:51 PM) *
I use Mogami but they are breaking all the time! I don't like them anymore smile.gif

Apparently, I forgot the link in my last post laugh.gif

http://www.georgelsstore.com/

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:38 AM