> European Students: Getting Started Recording
Todd Simpson
post May 1 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

For many GMC students, especially those in Europe, getting started with computer based home recording can be pricey. Many products have taxes/charges on them, making them too pricey. I've been SHOCKED at how much various audio interfaces cost in Europe compared to the states. Frankly it doesn't seem fair but I found a cheaper starter.

This site is in German (google can translate it) and they have a starter USB audio interface/sound card, that can get you going in the world of Computer Based Audio Recording. for under 40 EURO!

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Compute...9704-000V007106

This is the least expensive interface I have seen. Does anybody know these people? Bought from them before?

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 1 2012, 12:49 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TuckerG
post May 1 2012, 03:37 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.968

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 30 2012, 11:48 PM) *
For many GMC students, especially those in Europe, getting started with computer based home recording can be pricey. Many products have taxes/charges on them, making them too pricey. I've been SHOCKED at how much various audio interfaces cost in Europe compared to the states. Frankly it doesn't seem fair but I found a cheaper starter.

This site is in German (google can translate it) and they have a starter USB audio interface/sound card, that can get you going in the world of Computer Based Audio Recording. for under 40 EURO!

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Compute...9704-000V007106

This is the least expensive interface I have seen. Does anybody know these people? Bought from them before?

Todd

Todd sir! biggrin.gif I apologize this is not addressing your post, but this semester is over, which means 24/7 guitar playing...and I was successful in making my grandfather buy me some guitar stuff by way of guilt trip over sending my sister on study abroad to Italy, LOL biggrin.gif Anyway, I have to record some videos so I can get going on my mentoring program!! As of now I have a GNX4, do you now some great sounding presets?? And I am running it through Reaper for recording. ANY advice on awesome GNX4 settings? Or routing(with Reaper)? Any words would be much appreciated Good sir! smile.gif

-Tucker

+Quote Post
Dieterle
post May 1 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #3

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 15.492

Hello Todd,

i don`t have experience with this music store but as i could see ,
this interface is an retour one - what means someone didn`t like it and send it back .

Regular price 59 EU.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
post May 1 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #4

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 14.225

They are a reliable online store that have been going for a long time, much like Thomann

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
Bossie
post May 2 2012, 03:17 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 10.711

anyways it's a cheap device...unfortunately i know nothing about PC- recording,guitar rigs,software and all of that.... i was a guitar cable amp man.
Makes me feel retarded these days rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
post May 2 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 15.024

Yeah, i suppose you can't ger decent In-your-face Power Metal tone out of that guitar rig!!
The alternatiove is to buy some Line 6 processors and use it as a sound card ,but it costs money!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2018 - 11:49 PM