Tolek
post Jun 6 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 1.402

Hi everbody,
on Sunday I was in Venray (Netherlands) where I participated on a championship. The first match wasn´t very long: 13 seconds. I lost against a judoka from France. The second one was against an english judoka. I fought about 1 or 2 minutes and finally lost because of a bad mistake. After I quit the tatami (fight area), I felt a pain im my left middle finger. I looked at it and was shocked: it was sprained! And on Thursday, I´m going to have an exam in guitar. No, I excused yesterday my abscence tomorrow... I am going to do it next month. However, I can play guitar, but it hurts after a while. What can I do to not losing the practise routine? Or what else should I do?

Thanks,
Tolek
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Jun 6 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.304

The Best thing to do is to move it as little as possible, if you have a brace, i sugest using one when your not playin guitar. i put one on for 2 hours after i play guitar just to keep my muscles from spraining, and a brace will keep your muscles, bones Etc. unmoved so they can heal faster.

+Quote Post
JVM
post Jun 6 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.984

Take the opportunity to work on fingerpicking with the right hand or tapping or something that doesn't put much strain on your left hand?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Jun 6 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #4

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

Read some theory lessons smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Tolek
post Jun 7 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #5

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 1.402

Thanks for answering, guys. smile.gif I try, as The Uncreator said, to move the middle finger as little as possible. However, I can´t spend a day without playing guitar... biggrin.gif I thought yesterday: "I will practise tapping when I can´t do anything with the other finger." And JVM confirmed this. I don´t think that I need to practise fingerpicking because I have played classical guitar (with all fingers) since 5 years. I think that it would be better to do some alternate and sweep picking. Theory lessons? Good idea, I haven´t got a look them yet. Maybe I learn something new that I haven´t seen in the last 6 years of music theory. biggrin.gif
Thank you again.

Tolek

+Quote Post
JOhn
post Jun 10 2007, 01:40 AM
Post #6

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.933

what kind of a championship was it?

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2017 - 05:08 PM