> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8, Pass) Iced Earth Style, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Patrik Berg
May 4 2012, 01:19 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Iced Earth Style by Ben Higgins

played at 95% speed, recorded on my iPhone

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 4 2012, 08:57 AM
Instructor
Hey Patrik, well done on a brave take ! smile.gif

You've got a good right hand for metal ! I'd say the fretting hand let you down a little. You forgot the descending chords at 0:38 so try to make sure you know the lessons inside out as it will net you a better score.

It was generally tight so these are only minor points that I'm raising. Another thing will help you tighten your playing up even more is to try to avoid moving your chord shapes before playing them. If you listen closely around 0:52 and 0:56 you can hear your hands moving to the next shape before it's time to play it. I spent quite a lot of time eradicating that habit myself when practising this lesson. I just had to synch my left hand in with the sound of the chords and when they're supposed to happen. Just delay them as long as you can and move them faster smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 5 2012, 07:54 AM
Instructor
It's a very nice take! Timing and sound are pretty good!
I agree with Ben and for the next time be more careful with parts and make sure you are playing them correctly!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 08:04 PM
Instructor
Ahoy Patrick! Your timing in general and tone seem good and the take is shaping up very nicely! The details are the ones which are holding you a bit from achieving perfection with this take smile.gif since it's Ben's lesson - his advice is thorough and just by following it and maybe pushing things to 100%, you will get the 10 wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2012, 08:47 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I agree with the other instructors about this one. You can play this one with a good timing and the only problem is that your right hand is a bit limited for the fastest grooves. I think that you could isolate those riffs and work on them over a drum machine as a loop. By the way you are close man. Keep on the good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
May 7 2012, 07:01 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:44 AM