Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.843

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ May 22 2012, 06:23 PM) *
Actually it's a Bb and it is coming from E minor blues pentatonic

On the scale generator it says A# but the correct way is to call it Bb
For this exercise I did a combination of G major and E minor blues pentatonic
You can play blues pentatonic anywhere where you usually would use a regular one!
Let me know if it helps! smile.gif

That explains it! Thanks!

Here's my take...

http://soundcloud.com/greatwhitepine/lesson-2-with-alex-feather
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post May 23 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 14.398

QUOTE (greatwhitepine @ May 23 2012, 03:59 AM) *
That explains it! Thanks!

Here's my take...

http://soundcloud.com/greatwhitepine/lesson-2-with-alex-feather

You did very good job! You are rushing and every note you are ahead of the beat! try to hold yourself back and really concentrate on every note you play being on the beat! It will help you develop a very good sense of timing! Let me know how it goes and if you need help!

--------------------

+Quote Post
greatwhitepine
post May 23 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #23

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.843

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ May 23 2012, 04:04 PM) *
You did very good job! You are rushing and every note you are ahead of the beat! try to hold yourself back and really concentrate on every note you play being on the beat! It will help you develop a very good sense of timing! Let me know how it goes and if you need help!

Ok, I will practice this every day too! I'll post a second take soon, maybe next week, maybe sooner. Not something I'll get perfect overnight but I'm already better since the first exercise I think. I started practicing modes using the metronome and the circle of fifths, which I am starting to get fairly comfortable with, all around the same neck position so I learn all the different shapes... not really comfortable with that yet but I will be :-) The metronome is a wonderfully frustrating tool at times but necessary I can see now.

I have a question for you... I often get a sore wrist while practicing and have to remind myself to stop when I start to feel too much strain. I always practice sitting down (acoustic and electric) and have tried various different positions... foot stool under my left foot classical style, tool box under my right foot for electric, no support whatsoever and have never found any position which doesn't produce strain on some part of my body and always my wrist. Are there any exercises that you can suggest to strengthen the wrist up or maybe I'm doing something else wrong?? Or maybe I just shouldn't practice for more than a certain number of hours every day. This has been a frustrating problem for me for a very long time. I have even taken a couple of extended breaks from playing guitar, months in one case, years in another, and its always the same thing when I get back into it.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post May 24 2012, 08:40 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (greatwhitepine @ May 23 2012, 09:48 PM) *
Ok, I will practice this every day too! I'll post a second take soon, maybe next week, maybe sooner. Not something I'll get perfect overnight but I'm already better since the first exercise I think. I started practicing modes using the metronome and the circle of fifths, which I am starting to get fairly comfortable with, all around the same neck position so I learn all the different shapes... not really comfortable with that yet but I will be :-) The metronome is a wonderfully frustrating tool at times but necessary I can see now.

I have a question for you... I often get a sore wrist while practicing and have to remind myself to stop when I start to feel too much strain. I always practice sitting down (acoustic and electric) and have tried various different positions... foot stool under my left foot classical style, tool box under my right foot for electric, no support whatsoever and have never found any position which doesn't produce strain on some part of my body and always my wrist. Are there any exercises that you can suggest to strengthen the wrist up or maybe I'm doing something else wrong?? Or maybe I just shouldn't practice for more than a certain number of hours every day. This has been a frustrating problem for me for a very long time. I have even taken a couple of extended breaks from playing guitar, months in one case, years in another, and its always the same thing when I get back into it.

I am glad you are getting comfortable with exercises and scales! Also it's great that you are practicing with a metronome! It is very important!

About you wrist... Do you do warm up exercises? You have to get your hands prepared before every practice! Also there are some wrist warmers that might help you out!
I also would like you to make a video of you practicing this way I can see your hands position and correct it if necessary!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Jun 4 2012, 05:49 AM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi how are you doing? I just wanted to check if you are ready for a new assignment!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Jun 22 2012, 07:26 AM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi! How are you doing? I just wanted to follow up and see how is your wrist and if you are ready for a new assignment? Please let me know!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Jul 14 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

Hello! I have a new assignment ready!! Let me know and I will post it right away! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Aug 27 2012, 07:59 AM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? I have a new assignment ready for you! smile.gif
Let me know!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th March 2017 - 04:29 AM