Ben Higgins
post Dec 23 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (Kalidia @ Dec 23 2012, 01:08 PM) *
Hi guys! And this is the Artwork of my EP revealed, hope you like it biggrin.gif

[attachment=29967:Kalidia_...ur_Winds.bmp]

We're composing news songs and having fun! It would be nice to record the full lenght next year rolleyes.gif

Looks great !! smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kalidia
post Jun 15 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #22

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 12.849

And finally my power/symph metal band Kalidia has released the full-lenght album with the title "Lies' Device":)
Here you can hear the single Lie's Device and here the teaser
Another song is available in low quality (recorded for the Ep) on you tube click here to listen

Artwork (by Anna Cirillo):

Attached Image

Tracklist
1) The Lost Mariner
2) Hiding from the sun
3) Black Magic
4) Reign of Kalidia
5) Harbinger of Serenity (feat. Andrea Racco)
6) Dollhouse (Labyrinth of Thoughts)
7) Shadow will be Gone
8) Lies' Device
9) Winged Lords
10) In Black and White (feat. Alessandro Lucatti)

The album has been recorded at Eden Studio (Pisa, Italy) in the same studio where we recorded our EP.

Here is the link of our facebook page where you can find updates & gig date:

Kalidia Facebook Official Page

Hope you enjoy listening to the songs as much as i enjoy playing in this band, thanks for your interest!

This post has been edited by Kalidia: Jun 15 2014, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 15 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Howdy mate! I love the artwork! It looks very surrealist, which is something I find very attractive wink.gif

In respect to the recording, I think that the guitar tone could be a bit brighter, but that's just something related to my taste wink.gif

How are you intending to promote the album, mate?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kalidia
post Jun 15 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #24

Learning Roadie

Hi Cosmin, yes so far we have planned to promote the album recording a video of the single and building a website, we have already sent some copies to webzines to get reviews and we will use facebook for advertising.
Furthermore we will do some shows this autumn to promote our music and the album and maybe we'll make some T-Shirts or other merchandise.

We hope for the best but promoting music seems to be a tough job these days smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 16 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kalidia @ Jun 15 2014, 03:39 PM) *
Hi Cosmin, yes so far we have planned to promote the album recording a video of the single and building a website, we have already sent some copies to webzines to get reviews and we will use facebook for advertising.
Furthermore we will do some shows this autumn to promote our music and the album and maybe we'll make some T-Shirts or other merchandise.

We hope for the best but promoting music seems to be a tough job these days smile.gif

Sounds like you guys have it planned smile.gif What about the road crew? I think that for live shows, having your band's dedicated sound engineer is a must. He is actually a member in the band who knows how to make you guys sound great in virtually any situation smile.gif Do you have one of those?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kalidia
post Jun 17 2014, 06:40 PM
Post #26

Learning Roadie

Unfortunately anyone of us understand of sound engineering, we do the best we can to set the things up relying on the phonic!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 18 2014, 07:17 AM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kalidia @ Jun 17 2014, 05:40 PM) *
Unfortunately anyone of us understand of sound engineering, we do the best we can to set the things up relying on the phonic!

Ah, no, no, mate, I think you misunderstood me smile.gif I was referring to the fact that the sound engineer should be like an extra member of the band. I was saying that, because a lot of people consider sound engineers being some guys that turn up a volume on the mixer so that the band can be heard on the PA system. But they are A LOT more than that and a lot more important.

The sound engineer should know all the songs, every important moment and he actually 'plays' the mixer in real time, in order to shape the sound of the band in a dynamic fashion. You definitely need one, if you want to sound as pro as possible in a live setting smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kalidia
post Jun 21 2014, 10:41 AM
Post #28

Learning Roadie

Maybe one day we'll it, but for now it is just a dream biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 21 2014, 05:39 PM
Post #29

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kalidia @ Jun 21 2014, 09:41 AM) *
Maybe one day we'll it, but for now it is just a dream biggrin.gif

Hey matey smile.gif Don't think like that - start searching for one in the first place. I mean, as you usually find people who play certain instruments, that's how you can find a sound engineer as well!

I would first start the search in the local clubs smile.gif If you guys have gigs booked already, they will be even more interested, most likely. here, there are two options:

- either you have shows which are booked and you can pay the sound engineer out of the money you get from there
- either you decide to pay him out of your own pockets

I've done things in both ways and it always payed off either way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 24 2014, 03:10 PM
Post #30

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

That looks great friend! Congratulations on your first album! The artwork looks killer!

Are you planning a release show? This is something that could be a good way to promote. Also you could film it and then upload it to youtube for online promotion.

If you feel that you won't have enough audience on a live show, what about doing a live streaming to promote the release?

A third idea would be to just upload some videos of you playing the songs live but with some kind of video production. There are many bands that are doing "sessions" that mean playing the whole album live and upload the video.

Check out the cool production made by some friends from my city:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 25 2014, 07:06 AM
Post #31

Instructor
Group Icon

Gabriel is right about all these methods smile.gif Now, building relationships with people who can help you out in providing great quality materials is another important thing:

- make a list of the studios in your city
- send them a presspack and a presentation of your band
- ask about a possible collaboration in respect to shooting videos for a live studio session

If you already have a fan base and a big number of friends in other bands, you can go for cross promotion - what do I mean by that?

Ask the studio to make a first set of live vids with you guys and then promote the studio among your friends in other bands. I'm sure that everyone has something to gain out of this smile.gif We managed to pull something like this and the guys at the studio with whom we are working, had 3-4 bands coming to record live videos after seeing ours! It's always worth to try different things to promote your band, so go for it, if you are to ask me - there's nothing to lose!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2017 - 12:51 AM