> Shred Lick, buckethead solo
bucket2188
post May 12 2012, 04:46 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.450

http://youtu.be/Da-nH4-C1nQ

at 2:25 he starts his solo. An if someone could help me figure out what hes doing that would be awesome you guys
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post May 12 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

I can't transcribe the solo but I can tell you he's playing over an Emajor progression. The backing chords seem to be going E, B, A.. and then C#, B, A so that gives you the E Major scale or C# Minor scale, which use the same notes but start on a different root note. He starts off by doing more of a Major Pentatonic thing. A good way of playing a Major Pentatonic but sticking with a minor pentatonic box shape is to shift to the relative minor, in this case you can play the C# Minor pentatonic box starting at the 9th fret area which is what he seems to be doing. From that point you can still weave in and out of the full E Major scale etc..

All those picking runs will be using the Major scale too, as they're 3 note per string runs. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: May 12 2012, 09:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bucket2188
post May 12 2012, 10:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15.450

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 12 2012, 08:47 AM) *
I can't transcribe the solo but I can tell you he's playing over an Emajor progression. The backing chords seem to be going E, B, A.. and then C#, B, A so that gives you the E Major scale or C# Minor scale, which use the same notes but start on a different root note. He starts off by doing more of a Major Pentatonic thing. A good way of playing a Major Pentatonic but sticking with a minor pentatonic box shape is to shift to the relative minor, in this case you can play the C# Minor pentatonic box starting at the 9th fret area which is what he seems to be doing. From that point you can still weave in and out of the full E Major scale etc..

All those picking runs will be using the Major scale too, as they're 3 note per string runs. smile.gif

thanks ben! i'll give it a shot

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post May 14 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #4

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 10.312

I saw the deli creeps live in S.F. way way back in the day - this brings back some disturbing memories lol.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
post May 14 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 11.477

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 14 2012, 07:47 PM) *
I saw the deli creeps live in S.F. way way back in the day - this brings back some disturbing memories lol.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 03:32 PM