> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

SRV - Stevie Ray Vaughan, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Patrik Berg
May 18 2012, 02:23 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: SRV - Stevie Ray Vaughan by Muris Varajic

I learnt this yesterday coz it's groovy, the timing is still a bit out and my fingers wont do as they're told after a strong coffee, I should have had juice, anyhow. feedback would be appreciated. thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2012, 08:18 AM
Instructor
Hey Patrik, cool take ! Indeed, you were a little in front of the beat to start with but you got settled after a while so let's all blame the coffee ! wink.gif

This type of playing requires total immersion in the groove and relaxation as well.. I'd imagine you were quite over conscious of your strumming hand as you were holding it in a bit and finding it difficult to really let it loose. The more you allow your arm and hand to move it'll keep you locked in the groove as you can physically feel it, not just hear it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 18 2012, 08:47 AM
Instructor
It's a good take! I like it!
The thing is when you are playing SRV you have to fight with a guitar smile.gif When he is playing it's like a battle going on all the time but he is very loose at the same time! Your right hand is very stiff and tight that's what is not letting you to groove and make this track to sound perfect! I can suggest to practice this lesson slower and try to really feel the drums!

+Quote Post
skennington
May 19 2012, 06:02 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
bump

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2012, 05:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Patrik, the lesson sound good, you have learnt it perfectly but as the other instructors said it's lacking some extra feeling that was the main characteristic of SRV's playing. You have to connect more with the groove and your guitar, you have to punish your axe mate. smile.gif
By the way your playing is precise and your technique consistent.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 14 2012, 10:43 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:54 AM