2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Treydeschamp Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Jul 22 2012, 05:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 22 2012, 04:26 PM) *
I think the best thing for me, before we start is theory.

Could you teach me music theory basics? (notes, ways to remember notes, scale patterns, etc.) I'm not trying to get to complex in one step, I just think it'll make this easier for me. Hopefully over time we can add more theory over time.

Thanks Alex!

Sounds good! Let's start by leaning the neck first!
it might seem very complicated, but it's not as hard as it seems!
Let's simplify it!
First and sixth strings are the same and after 12 fret everything is starting over!
So all you need to learn is 5 strings up to 12 frets!
Here is the trick!
First I want you to learn all the dots and open strings!
Open strings are easy to remember if we will use a little rhyme smile.gif starting with a low E
Eat
All
Day
Get
Big
Eeasy

So for now I want you to memorize this:

To speed up the process play a note and call it out loud and than check if you are correct!
Don't go any farther just yet! Let me know when you feel comfortable and I will show you what to do next! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 22 2012, 06:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 22 2012, 11:54 AM) *
Sounds good! Let's start by leaning the neck first!
it might seem very complicated, but it's not as hard as it seems!
Let's simplify it!
First and sixth strings are the same and after 12 fret everything is starting over!
So all you need to learn is 5 strings up to 12 frets!
Here is the trick!
First I want you to learn all the dots and open strings!
Open strings are easy to remember if we will use a little rhyme smile.gif starting with a low E
Eat
All
Day
Get
Big
Eeasy

So for now I want you to memorize this:

To speed up the process play a note and call it out loud and than check if you are correct!
Don't go any farther just yet! Let me know when you feel comfortable and I will show you what to do next! smile.gif

Awesome! I study this for a day or so and get back to you. I pick up concepts like this easily.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 23 2012, 06:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 22 2012, 05:01 PM) *
Awesome! I study this for a day or so and get back to you. I pick up concepts like this easily.

Great! Let me know when you are ready and I will post a new one right away! We have about 6 more to go! smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 23 2012, 09:44 PM
I got it down perfect!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 25 2012, 05:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 23 2012, 08:44 PM) *
I got it down perfect!

Awesome! So now let's take it to the next level!
That's what I would like you to do:
Take open strings and learn the same notes on the rest of the neck
Find it on every string!

Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 27 2012, 08:21 AM
Instructor
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Ready for a new challenge?

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 28 2012, 06:53 PM
Hey Alex,

Sorry I haven't been so active within the last month. School started so I've been busy.

Right now I'd like to continue on with these theory lessons. They are really helping me. I know you said you had a few tasks for me with these theory lessons so I'd like to continue with them.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 31 2012, 03:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 28 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Hey Alex,

Sorry I haven't been so active within the last month. School started so I've been busy.

Right now I'd like to continue on with these theory lessons. They are really helping me. I know you said you had a few tasks for me with these theory lessons so I'd like to continue with them.

Awesome!
So here is what we will be doing!
I will be explaining a new theory subject once a week or every other week and will be giving assignments based on it!
Theory questions

- Harmonize G major scale
- Build A7 chord
- Write ii - V - I chord progression starting with Cmi7
- D mi7 - Bb - Gmi - F What key this chord progression in?

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:24 PM