> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Clapton Meets Knopfler, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
Total Votes: 4
post May 27 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.935

Original lesson: Clapton Meets Knopfler by Piotr Kaczor

Here's my take on Piotr's really cool lesson. This is one of my favorite styles so I thought I'd give it a shot. As always, thanks for your feedback!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post May 27 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Greg this is an epic offering smile.gif

I was actually toying with a 9 and the reason is because this lesson is a very 'light of touch' type thing and you have quite a muscular way of phrasing with lots of strong, defined pick attacks and I thought that you could be a bit lighter and flowing.. however, as the track moved on I was won over and your style fits this piece beautifully. After all, individuality is what we all want ! smile.gif

On a different subject, I just realised something that might explain why you sometimes get a lot of excess string noise in takes with loads of bends. You play with a very relaxed picking hand, away from the body of the guitar. In fact, it looks just like Yngwie's right hand. I also have my hand away from the guitar for a lot of picking things that I do. However, I also move my hand inwards so it's more parallel with the strings to help cover the strings and mute when I need it. If I'm doing stuff with a load of bends and intricate stuff where I require accuracy and tone, then I'll keep my hand close in to the body, but when I'm blazing away I let it all hang out ! wink.gif Hope that helps !

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post May 28 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 14.398

You did an amazing job! And really added some of your own personality to this lesson! I like your touch and vibrato was pretty good! It could of been tighter, but I good a good feel from your take! It's 10 from me! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post May 28 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

10 smile.gif You have managed to make me smile man! biggrin.gif Congratulations, you have an awesome feel to your playing!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 28 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Great playing mate! You did a beautiful take of this amazing lesson by Piotr! The only comment that I can give is that some bends could be a bit more natural, mostly the first ones that don't go 100% with the groove. By the way it's a 10 for me! Well done! smile.gif

My lessons

Don't miss my New Guitar Session at VCHAT,
this Wednesday at 20 hs (London Time).

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
post Jun 2 2012, 06:51 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 6.064

Definitely great take! You have a great feeling and musicality. I really like your intepretation and give you 10 smile.gif

Check out my Instructor profile
+Quote Post
post Jun 14 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #7

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2016 - 10:19 PM