> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rock Solo - Beginner, Lesson By Trond Vold
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

am3s22i
May 29 2012, 06:07 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Rock Solo - Beginner by Trond Vold

my attempt to cover this lesson.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“The level of achievement that we have at anything, is a reflection, of how well, we were able to focus on it. Because the only thing that’s holding you back, is the way you’re thinking.”
– Steve Vai
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 29 2012, 12:41 PM
Instructor
Hello again !

You're quite good at shifting around and putting phrases together. The 2 areas of improvement here need to be string bending and timing.

For the string bending, you're bending just a little bit too short of the required pitch, so the notes are flat. To make this better, just practise any string bending and try to get them up to the required pitch.

Timing of the phrases. For many of the phrases, you're either doing them too late or too early so try playing along with Trond's solo too smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2012, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Hi man! It's great to find this lessons completely learnt by you, this attitude of hard work will make you improve your playing very fast. As Ben said the problems here are timing, vibrato and bending. Check out the lessons link that I suggested in the other REC take and keep on working! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 30 2012, 08:13 PM
Instructor
Good job on this one! It's a good take! 100% agree with Ben about timing and bending!
You are working very hard!!! And as Gabriel said your playing will improve very fast!
Keep it up!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2012, 12:09 PM
Instructor
Hey again smile.gif I have to stress the importance of bending here - try to get the accurate pitch for each bend in the proper time and this will become a good take. Keep up the hard working habit!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 14 2012, 10:58 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
6.75 on this take man..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:54 AM