2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Will Also Probably Also Sound Stupid, But.....
Cosmin Lupu
post May 31 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (JTaylor @ May 31 2012, 03:13 PM) *
I like some country but I'm not that familiar with it. One singer / guitarist I really like though is Brad Paisley. Does he qualify as a shredder? Also I remember Steve-rec-freak (his user name) did a REC here some time back that totally blew me away. Think it was one of Muris' country lessons?

Brad Paisley is a horrendously good country player - and yes, he is a country shredder biggrin.gif I listened to some live instrumental with him which blew me away! Can't remember the name of that tune, but I'll post it once I find it wink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 2 2012, 06:41 AM
Post #22

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Steve Vai gives a great definition of Shred smile.gif

In an interview in March 2011, Steve Vai described 'shred' as: "The terminology used for someone who can play an instrument, and has such a tremendous amount of technique that what they do just seems completely effortless and absurd. It's like this burst of energy that just comes out in extremely fast tearing kind of playing where the notes actually connect. Shred has to have a particular kind of 'tide' to it, I think, that actually gives you that 'blow away' factor that makes it impressive, to a certain degree."

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2017 - 03:21 AM