> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Marcost's Technique Growth Kit
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2012, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Hey there good sir! smile.gif This is your thread! I will start by asking you if by any chance, there's a way for me to see/ hear any of your recordings - it'll help a lot in seeing where you really are with your playing!

All the best

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 2 2012, 05:48 PM
GMC:er
HI Cosmin,

Great, thanks! smile.gif

Yes I can record, I have sent tracks for two collaborations already:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44433

and

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44458

Not sure I can record video, I will have to ask my son to show me how to do it!!!

Best regards,

Martin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2012, 07:40 AM
Instructor
Hey man!

nice playing! Congrats, you have nice melodic sense and you are pretty expressive!

So, if we are going to build technique together, I think that alternate picking and legato should be the first to start with and in parallel we can work on arpeggios and non basic chords which can easily be developed together with technique.

Now, if you are ok with this, let me know and I will offer you assignments to work on, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 3 2012, 09:23 AM
Hey Cosmin,

Thanks man smile.gif. Yes sounds good to me, let's do it!

Best,

Martin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2012, 11:32 AM
Instructor
Perfect wink.gif here's what I'd like you to do:

1) Alternate picking combined with arpeggios based on various chords-> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/
2) Legato combined with picking-> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/

Tell me if it's too much and we'll see where we can take this together, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 3 2012, 08:44 PM
Hey Cosmin,

Been learning the legato one today, I'll post a take tomorrow

Looking forward to the arps and chords one smile.gif

Best,

Martin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2012, 07:28 AM
Instructor
Awesomeness! biggrin.gif Let's see some rock n rooolll!

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 4 2012, 03:14 PM
Progress so far:

Not right yet , will keep on it smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/marcost-1/mart-legato

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2012, 06:08 PM
Instructor
Hey Martin! ALMOST there man! This was very good but you sloppied some notes - nothing to worry about though wink.gif a bit more focused practice and this one is nailed. Let's see the other one, because I notice you are a fast learner biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 4 2012, 07:06 PM
smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/marcost-1/legato-2

ok now I'll start the other one

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2012, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Aside from 0.51 - 0.52 biggrin.gif where i am sure something caught your attention tongue.gif everything sounded good to me smile.gif you also have a very good tone man! let's go for the next one and see what we can do from that point onwards. Tell me, would you like to participate in my collab? Check out the link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44703

I'd be honored to have you onboard! biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 8 2012, 01:12 PM
Hey Cosmin,

Thanks, 0.51-52 was obviously deliberate in fact I meant to play it louder to make that more obvious as well wink.gif. Good Tone is really important to me so thanks for the positive comment on that.

I'm working on the chords/picking - you got straight to my weak spot, well done smile.gif - I don't know the chord shapes and have never alternate picked chords either so it's not coming easy. I am working on the first three chords, on their own and with alternate picking and also alternate picking chord shapes i already know.

I'm using all my practice time on it though and will crack it. And when I have, you will be the first to know smile.gif

Thanks for the collab invite, I'll get on it this weekend!

Best regards,

Martin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 8 2012, 04:07 PM
Instructor
Howdy Martin!

glad I hit a soft spot! biggrin.gif Just in time to help out with AP on chord shapes which is a very important skill!

Let me know once you are done man and I'll be looking forward to the collab take smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 15 2012, 02:24 PM
Hey boss,

well I was at 40% last week and now I'd say 70%, just still too slow on the chord changes to sound fluid and getting dead muffled notes on the long stretch chords. AP is getting more accurate though and I can tell that this will help play other stuff smile.gif

Best,

Martin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 15 2012, 05:20 PM
Instructor
Hey Martin! Thanks for the update man wink.gif I'll be waiting with great interest biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 15 2012, 06:32 PM
Just posted the collab. Let me know what you think? Will get back to this now, promise! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 16 2012, 10:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcost @ Jun 15 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Just posted the collab. Let me know what you think? Will get back to this now, promise! smile.gif

wink.gif great man! Just great, I love what you came up with!

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 16 2012, 12:21 PM
smile.gif Thanks Cosmin, that means a lot. I enjoyed jamming to your track smile.gif

I need to work on timing - especially on chord changes and section changes, would you agree?

And definitely short of ideas on the chorus compared to the verse, why do you think that is? Because it needs to be more melodic maybe?

My playing always sounds to me like straight ahead guitar solo playing, never melodic phrasing like you hear on other instruments, what do you think?

Carlos Santana really does this for me - sometimes his note selections sound like a violin player, then a trumpet player, then he just rips into all out rock!

Brian May has that great melodic touch too - I wish I could do that! Is there more string-skipping going on, rather than up & down scales, or are they following the chords more like a jazz player would? There must be a secret to this!

Best regards and thanks for all your help

Martin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 16 2012, 06:57 PM
Instructor
My pleasure mate! Now, taking one thing at a time wink.gif

Chord shifting is always a bit tricky when dealing with fast tempos and intricate forms so, we all tend to have such problems sometimes - it's a very good idea to work on it smile.gif

Now, on the other hand, inspiration comes to us at times, so don't worry mate - if you come up with something better over the chorus, you can re-record and send it over until the 25 wink.gif Don't forget about the video , ok? biggrin.gif

As for the melodic stuff, well, I usually sing what i am hearing in my head and add interesting notes afterwards, maybe a bit like jazz players sometimes - aiming for a specific note/ set of notes over a certain chord.

We can talk about this if ya'd like smile.gif

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 16 2012, 06:57 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:33 AM