> Yash's Bootcamp
Todd Simpson
post Jun 6 2012, 03:47 AM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

Here is the DIRECT LINK to your own BOOTCAMP!

http://bitly.com/yashsbootcamp

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Practice!
Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 6 2012, 03:50 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
post Jun 6 2012, 04:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.579

Hey Todd, thanks for letting me in smile.gif

The example links don't work. sad.gif

And what speed should I achive ? 180 BPM seems good.

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 6 2012, 05:07 AM

--------------------
Play with emotion. Playing with all technique and no emotion makes you boring. And most importantly, Make faces while bending.

+Quote Post
Yash
post Jun 6 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #3

Hey Todd,
What should be the angle of attack? Mine is not perfectly 90 degrees. I have the pick slightly tilted when I am picking.
Is this OK or does it have to be perfectly 90 degrees ?

--------------------
Play with emotion. Playing with all technique and no emotion makes you boring. And most importantly, Make faces while bending.

+Quote Post
Yash
post Jun 7 2012, 05:53 PM
Post #4

Problem spotted Sargent - I sometimes go faster than the metronome, even at 180 bpm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 4 2012, 04:57 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 6 2012, 03:48 AM) *
Hey Todd,
What should be the angle of attack? Mine is not perfectly 90 degrees. I have the pick slightly tilted when I am picking.
Is this OK or does it have to be perfectly 90 degrees ?

It should be comfortable above all else. It's tough to use exact degree determinations sometimes as it's more of a "Feel" thing. But please take a pic or video of your picking hand and let me see what's going on and I'd be happy to help soldier!

Todd

QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 7 2012, 12:53 PM) *
Problem spotted Sargent - I sometimes go faster than the metronome, even at 180 bpm.

Always try to follow the metronome. That's sorta the whole point of playing to one Soldier! If you rush the metronome, you'll likely end up rushing the drummer in a band. Being able to lock in to the metronome groove is important and why we practice with them smile.gif Keep at it!

The links are fixed smile.gif Woohoo! The speed is up to you. I'll be able to tell by watching your vid if you are slacking on speed or i you are pushing it beyond your current ability, so just try to push it up to a comfy but brisk pace.

QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 5 2012, 11:43 PM) *
Hey Todd, thanks for letting me in smile.gif

The example links don't work. sad.gif

And what speed should I achive ? 180 BPM seems good.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 03:03 PM