Actors Who Were Metalheads....
Ben Higgins
Jun 8 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
Just found this story about actor Michael Fassbender (don't really know him but I keep hearing his name..) wanting to be in am metal band when he was younger.. biggrin.gif

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/michael-fassb...-223300772.html

How cool is that ?

It got me thinking, do you know any other actors who had a heavy metal past ?

The only other one I can think of is Cameron Diaz. I once read an interview with her and she said she was a real metalhead in her teens years, going to Metallica concerts and everything ! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zoot
Jun 8 2012, 08:44 AM
GMC:er
Jack Black.

There's too much love in Tenacious D for it not to be true.

smile.gif Z.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
That which doesn't kill us...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 8 2012, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Zoot @ Jun 8 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Jack Black.

smile.gif Z.

Very true.. he definitely loves the rock. Although he strikes me as one of those guys who 'loves everything' too ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 8 2012, 10:11 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Apparently Jim Carrey is a huge Cannibal Corpse fan. So much so that he even included them in a scene in the first Ace Ventura.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 8 2012, 10:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jun 8 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Apparently Jim Carrey is a huge Cannibal Corpse fan.

I would love that to be true ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jun 8 2012, 11:23 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 8 2012, 09:28 AM) *
I would love that to be true ! laugh.gif

That's true indeed. That's the main reason why hea invited them to play "Hammer Smashed face" in his movie./ cool.gif

And after Pamela Anderson,famous female actresses Jenna Jameson and Tera Patrick are HUGE metal fans indeed tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 8 2012, 11:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jun 8 2012, 11:23 AM) *
famous female actresses Jenna Jameson and Tera Patrick are HUGE metal fans indeed tongue.gif

Female actresses.. that's a very polite way of putting it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 8 2012, 02:20 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I also heard that quite a few "female actresses" are metalheads or at least rockchicks. Female actresses seem to be attracted by guitars laugh.gif

Whoops...I just gave away the reason why I started playing guitar...

I know of William Shatner and Keanu Reeves to be metalheads.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2012, 01:47 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2012, 07:28 AM
Instructor
What about Jonny Deep?? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 9 2012, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 9 2012, 01:47 AM) *

Good call !!! What a dedicated dude the mighty Mr Lee is ! cool.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 9 2012, 07:28 AM) *
What about Jonny Deep?? biggrin.gif

Mr Depp does indeed rock ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 9 2012, 03:08 PM
Instructor
How about Jared Leto? He is more a singer than actor, if you are to ask me tongue.gif Although the direction 30 Seconds to Mars has taken in music is going a bit far from my tastes lately sad.gif I really enjoyed their heavier stuff biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SCProphet
Jun 11 2012, 02:58 PM
Nicolas cage is one too, hell his ex wife is married to shaggrath now tongue.gif (the singer of dimmu borgir)

--------------------
- First Sweep , Then Sleep -

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 11 2012, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SCProphet @ Jun 11 2012, 02:58 PM) *
Nicolas cage is one too, hell his ex wife is married to shaggrath now tongue.gif (the singer of dimmu borgir)

I knew about the Shagrath thing (although I don't think they're together anymore) but wasn't sure if Cage was a metal man or not - I guess he is ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jun 11 2012, 04:14 PM
QUOTE (Zoot @ Jun 8 2012, 07:44 AM) *
Jack Black.

smile.gif Z.

Jack played downloadfestival this weekend in Germany with tenacious D...he had the crowd on their knees.
he knows how to entertain 50.000 people.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bossie: Jun 11 2012, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 11 2012, 05:19 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Jack Black is awesome, saw him at Rock im Park last weekend. It was hilarious! "Stick around for Billy Talent and Metallica! They are not as well-known or as good as we are, but they're pretty talented. I think they can go places..." "This is a song for the Roadies...it's called Roadie." If you ever have the chance, go and see the D live biggrin.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 11 2012, 05:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 11 2012, 05:19 PM) *
"Stick around for Billy Talent and Metallica! They are not as well-known or as good as we are, but they're pretty talented. I think they can go places..."

Haha, you gotta love the guy for that ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2012, 11:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 11 2012, 04:52 PM) *
Haha, you gotta love the guy for that ! laugh.gif

Most definitely! I mean, this dude has always done awesome movies and songs! There's a song which has a nice name to it tongue.gif Can't say it here though laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2012, 06:01 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jun 8 2012, 06:23 AM) *
That's true indeed. That's the main reason why hea invited them to play "Hammer Smashed face" in his movie./ cool.gif

And after Pamela Anderson,famous female actresses Jenna Jameson and Tera Patrick are HUGE metal fans indeed tongue.gif

Sadly the Jim Cary thing is just an old rumor. Jim had never heard of them before the movie. But Jim's Daughter just married a guy who is in a DEATH METAL band called BLOOD MONEY!

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe...wsitemID=130715

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2012, 07:37 AM
Instructor
I just a read a review from a Romanian band - Proof, they are called having an album called 'Blood money' tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:57 PM