Alex Feather
post Jul 22 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 14.398

QUOTE (Blister @ Jul 21 2012, 04:58 PM) *
Thanks Alex! I like this type of exercise. smile.gif It will take me a while to work up to that speed while I get used to the patterns. Btw...what is the bpm in the Soundcloud bt?

It is a very good exercise! BPM is 100
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! wink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blister
post Jul 26 2012, 02:28 AM
Post #22

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 12.141

Hi Alex. I know you use this exercise in mentoring other students so I wanted to mention a concern on the D Mixolydian scale. I believe there is a typo in regards to the B string 12-13-15 (B-C-D) frets going up & then 15-14-12 (D-C#-B ) coming down.

This post has been edited by Blister: Jul 26 2012, 02:29 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Jul 27 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Blister @ Jul 26 2012, 01:28 AM) *
Hi Alex. I know you use this exercise in mentoring other students so I wanted to mention a concern on the D Mixolydian scale. I believe there is a typo in regards to the B string 12-13-15 (B-C-D) frets going up & then 15-14-12 (D-C#-B ) coming down.

Thanks! You are absolutely correct! Good job! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Aug 8 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Blister @ Jul 26 2012, 01:28 AM) *

I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? I have a new assignment ready for you! Let me know how are you doing with the exercise I gave you and I will post it right away!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Aug 27 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi! How are you doing? I have a new assignment ready for you! Let me know and I will post it right away!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
post Aug 27 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #26

Hi Alex! Sorry, I didn't realize it had been so long. I still am practicing the exercises but last year I made a goal to get 4 REC takes done before the end of 2012. I finally made my 1st one yesterday, so now you can at least hear how I play. Now that I have learned the "art" of recording, maybe I can get these exercises recorded. One of my biggest problems is not slowing the tempo down enough while practicing. I know I am supposed to do it, but it's hard to make myself do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Aug 31 2012, 02:43 AM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 27 2012, 12:30 PM) *
Hi Alex! Sorry, I didn't realize it had been so long. I still am practicing the exercises but last year I made a goal to get 4 REC takes done before the end of 2012. I finally made my 1st one yesterday, so now you can at least hear how I play. Now that I have learned the "art" of recording, maybe I can get these exercises recorded. One of my biggest problems is not slowing the tempo down enough while practicing. I know I am supposed to do it, but it's hard to make myself do it.

Awesome! You have a very nice goal!
I saw your first take and you did very well!
If you can record the exercise it will be perfect! You can play it at a slow tempo! It is actually a very good idea to practice slow and gradually add speed!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Oct 24 2012, 01:29 AM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi I just wanted to follow up and see if you are ready for a new challenge! Let me know!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Nov 17 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #29

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi I just wanted to follow up and see if you are ready for a new challenge? Let me know! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
post Nov 24 2012, 04:33 AM
Post #30

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 17 2012, 05:04 AM) *
Hi I just wanted to follow up and see if you are ready for a new challenge? Let me know! wink.gif

Time has been my nemesis lately & will be for the next month (I'm in retail blink.gif ). I'm not quite ready for my next challenge. I am working on these exercises but not as much as I should. I will continue to give them more time. I am still working on Cosmin's lesson on Combining Arpeggios & Scales, though this will be a slow progress but one I wish to accomplish at some point. I have had to put my goal of 4 REC takes on hold since I really need to get my guitar properly set up. The intonation is dreadful & I tried it on my own, which helped, but really needs a professionals touch. I still hope to get a video of myself on one of your assigned lessons uploaded soon.

I am also working on your Electric Fingerstyle Lesson (this reminds me so much of a song from the 60's(?) but I can't figure it out. mad.gif ) as Jazz Fingerstyle is the direction I am most interested in. I am also working on Chord Progression Analysis. I just love the sound of it. smile.gif

Thanks so much for your support, help & of course, your mentorship (is that even a word? unsure.gif )!!!

This post has been edited by Blister: Nov 24 2012, 04:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Nov 25 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #31

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Blister @ Nov 24 2012, 03:33 AM) *
Time has been my nemesis lately & will be for the next month (I'm in retail blink.gif ). I'm not quite ready for my next challenge. I am working on these exercises but not as much as I should. I will continue to give them more time. I am still working on Cosmin's lesson on Combining Arpeggios & Scales, though this will be a slow progress but one I wish to accomplish at some point. I have had to put my goal of 4 REC takes on hold since I really need to get my guitar properly set up. The intonation is dreadful & I tried it on my own, which helped, but really needs a professionals touch. I still hope to get a video of myself on one of your assigned lessons uploaded soon.

I am also working on your Electric Fingerstyle Lesson (this reminds me so much of a song from the 60's(?) but I can't figure it out. mad.gif ) as Jazz Fingerstyle is the direction I am most interested in. I am also working on Chord Progression Analysis. I just love the sound of it. smile.gif

Thanks so much for your support, help & of course, your mentorship (is that even a word? unsure.gif )!!!

Awesome man! I am glad you are doing well! Take your time! I understand it is the end of the year and it is crazy for everybody!
I am honored that you are doing Electric fingerstyle lesson and hope to see it in the REC section at some point! smile.gif
Let me know when you are ready for a new challenge or if you have any questions or need help with anything!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 03:55 AM