> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Snackajacks Secret Guitar Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 27 2013, 07:19 AM
Post #181

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Hehe, by all means!

Let me know when you have something cooked up over the track biggrin.gif Otherwise, how's playing going?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snackajacks
post Jun 27 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #182

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 12.787

Goodd, When I have a day off work I am going to record the covers I have learned so far.
My sister bought a canon camera so I might borrow that one. Oh yea I got work at a
Gasstation in summer so I might have money for a 7 string biggrin.gif but currently I am listening and covering Periphery and
Eden from TesseracT. Still playing about 3 hours a day biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 28 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #183

Instructor
Group Icon

Sounds good to me man!! biggrin.gif Playing 3 focused hours a day can offer great results - you're only learning songs or are you also doing any other exercises?

Looking forward to see some vids from ya wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
post Jun 28 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #184

I am learning full songs as well as some licks that I just hear on the radio, trying to recreate the tunes that I have in my head ( wow that sounds freaky ) and I am still jamming over some tracks biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 29 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #185

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jun 28 2013, 06:54 PM) *
I am learning full songs as well as some licks that I just hear on the radio, trying to recreate the tunes that I have in my head ( wow that sounds freaky ) and I am still jamming over some tracks biggrin.gif

Sounds like more of a creative endeavor biggrin.gif Nice!! Can you lay down 3 quick licks that you have heard? I am curious biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
post Jun 29 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #186

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 29 2013, 12:31 PM) *
Sounds like more of a creative endeavor biggrin.gif Nice!! Can you lay down 3 quick licks that you have heard? I am curious biggrin.gif

Yes I will record em as soon smile.gif just back from a trip to amsterdam to get my parents to the airport and after that went to antwerp in belgium to help my sister moving out and now im finally back. Tiredd.

I am also working on different vibratos when bending. It adds a nice flavour
You will hear from me !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 30 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #187

Instructor
Group Icon

That sounds like a plan mate - drop a line when you have'em up here wink.gif I always like it when I hear people telling me that they are working on articulation skills!

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
post Jun 30 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #188

Damnit, I don't have any equipment in here to record ( holiday , I am my parents house ) however I got a new phone so I
am going to try out how that works out tomorrow evening. I think one of the licks is something I want to progress upon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 1 2013, 06:58 AM
Post #189

Instructor
Group Icon

No biggie man, use the phone - I think I have a good idea, regarding how you can master a lick and place it in your quiver for universal usage wink.gif

I heard Steve Vai talk about this last week - he called it 'conquering your limitations'

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
post Jul 30 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #190

So I finally managed to get access to the forum back biggrin.gif
I went to Musicstore in Koln today to look at some shiny gear , played some PRS, some Sterling and Ibanez but
came to the conclusion that I didn't any of these guitars more comfortable to play than my own, maybe its just because I am used to it

I also redid some settings on my boss gt5 to get a better tone, took it back to basic without delays, chorus etc and then rebuilded again.
Tomorrow I am going to get some wood to block my tremolo on my Rg550 to get it to drop the tuning.

And yes, I still have to shoot video's over this week. But as said, I worked out one of the licks that I talked about and I am looking forward to let you hear it. but it has to be perfect smile.gif

Btw Cool video ! I saw your video with the other band, I really like it, You will become famous biggrin.gif

Gtrz from the Netherlands

Marc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 31 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #191

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey Marc!

Glad you had the opportunity to test the axes and it looks like you are a busy guy smile.gif Now, blocking that trem is a great idea - what do you plan on performing with the drop tuning?

That lick doesn't have to be perfect smile.gif I need to correct something, right? biggrin.gif And thank you - that song used to rock my childhood!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 31 2013, 08:06 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
post Jul 31 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #192

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 31 2013, 07:04 AM) *
Hey Marc!

Glad you had the opportunity to test the axes and it looks like you are a busy guy smile.gif Now, blocking that trem is a great idea - what do you plan on performing with the drop tuning?

That lick doesn't have to be perfect smile.gif I need to correct something, right? biggrin.gif And thank you - that song used to rock my childhood!

Yes holiday for me is working to get money to live as a student biggrin.gif I am planning on rewatching your videochat with Drag the waters and play it in the drop tuning and some other songs from Textures.

I am also practising On the backs of angels from Dream Theater. I really like the song. And I am trying to learn this song by ear by my former guitar instructor

yes yes busy times !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 1 2013, 08:45 AM
Post #193

Instructor
Group Icon

Awesome! Can't wait to see a recording of that - btw, I'll explain the solo as well this evening smile.gif

We are performing in the same festival as Textures - different days tho, us on the 29th them on the 31st in a festival in here, alongside Gojira and Napalm Death and holy moley - Marcel Coenen was your former instructor? I have heard his music years ago biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017 - 12:04 AM