> $-2000 Need An Amp.
blindwillie
post Jun 19 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.434

The amp kit sounds like fun.

Well, good luck. Just tell her "men alla andra har ju..." My kids use it and it seems to work.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dimeisgod
post Jun 23 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1.914

i think i have a decision...

im goin fo a marshall 1960 a cab

and either a h&k trilogy or a krank revolution100..

not sure. got any opinions?

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Jun 23 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #23

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

QUOTE (dimeisgod @ Jun 23 2007, 07:29 PM) *
i think i have a decision...
im goin fo a marshall 1960 a cab
and either a h&k trilogy or a krank revolution100..

not sure. got any opinions?

Read up on user reviews. And when reading a review one should beaware of what the reviewer was expecing in the first place.

H&K Trilogy
Krank revolution

EDIT: Dont' wanna to lead you the wrong way so I leave it up to you. No opinions from me.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jun 23 2007, 07:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hardtail
post Jun 24 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1.967

Just my opinion based on what I have played extensively and/or owned.

For under $2000 dollars you can get:

A) A used Marshall TSL100 or DSL100 head with a (2) 12" Celestion Cab (The split setup allows for upgrades and easier moving).
cool.gif A Line6 Vetta Combo. Will produce almost every guitar sound known to man and tons of fun.

I play for a local church in my area and have to be able to switch from ultra clean blues sounds to vintage rock mid-distortion to screaming distortion for lead literally in a second. Often times one song type just drifts into the next song type without stopping. Best way I found to do this is with line6 technology. I use the Flextone II (which is identical to the Flextone III but actually set up better) and i don't use an array of pedals... infact I only use my tuner pedal mainly for muting. People are always amazed at how I use no pedals, 1 guitar, and 1 amp and seem to produce 4 or more distinct sounds without moving cool.gif (Also, the POD's will do this for you too but the flextones and vettas have all the POD features built-in already).

But for outrageuos sustain go with a Marshall or even Mesa Boogie all tube heads. And then care for them like your offspring.

P.S. - the beauty of the Line6 amps is the headphone jack built right into them giving you REAL output quality sound so the family can sleep wink.gif I have used the headphone jacks on Tube amps and the sound is not authentically reproduced.

P.S. again - Oh yeah almost forgot, don't ever buy an acoustic guitar amp. Its just my opinion but they are near worthless. If you acoustic doesn't sound good going straight through the P.A. then get a better acoustic pickup system.

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Jun 24 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #25

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 13 2007, 12:40 PM) *
I wouldn't got for Randall

^^I have to take that back, since you have such problems deciding on a model MAYBE the Randall RM100 is for you?
Why is that? Because is has modules for the pre amp sound. Just stick a card in and get sounds from clean to ultra hi gain. All depensing on the card. And don't be fooled, it's ALL tubes.

The RM100M has EL34's and the RM100S has 6L6's so that's one thing you still have to decide upon, EL34's with breakup or punchy 6l6's.
So you buy an amp, get a couple modules included and then you can buy as many modules as you like.

I copied this text from Randall's homepage about the modules that exist yjay you'd probably like.

Ultra
(Extreme hi-gain, with tight low end and liquid sustain. This one exemplifies the Randall tone, and is perfect for any classic to modern metal tone.)

UltraXL
A modern version of our legendary hi-gain tone, the new Ultra XL has massive amounts of liquid gain combined with huge bottom end and cutting upper mid-range. A true legend in the making!

* SL +
(Based on the preamp circuit of a hot rodded Marshall® Super Lead. We give the classic Super Lead circuit a bit more gain and punch. It will handle anything from Zeppelin to Zakk.)

* Modern
(Modern Hi-gain distortion. For modern rock to nu-metal rock tones.)

Then there's a forum on that page where you can check for even more available modules.

And some soundclips of the different modules.
clips

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2017 - 09:43 AM