Reply to this topicStart new topic
> B.c Rich Warbeast Nj Deluxe Or Warlock Nj Deluxe ?
Pourliver
post Jul 14 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.684

All is in the title. I'm looking to buy a new guitar, and those two are really in my favorites, but I have many questions.

The B.C Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe : http://www.bcrich.com/models/guitars/Warbe...t-NJ-Deluxe/124
and
The B.C Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe : http://www.bcrich.com/models/guitars/Warlo...k-NJ-Deluxe/106

They both have the same pickups, the "EMG ® 85 Neck, 81 Bridge", made out of the same wood.Well, they are almost the same.

I really like both, but I would like to have your opinion, as I really don't know their Pros and Cons. huh.gif

Another question, I've heard that it was really hard to tune or change the tuning a guitar with a locking nut. Is that true ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
post Jul 14 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13.756

I haven't used either. Also check out the Ibanez Xiphos. It is in about the same price range and I think there is a Trem version. It is a pretty sweet guitar.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Pourliver
post Jul 15 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #3

The Xiphos looks great too, but it looks like it's a bit small. But I'll keep it in mind smile.gif

+Quote Post
eMGie
post Jul 15 2012, 01:03 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15.228

Well I was thinking about those guitars at some point. The only diffirence between them is the look, I believe - I'd choose warbeast over the warlock. smile.gif

These are great guitars and definitly worth the price!

"I've heard that it was really hard to tune or change the tuning a guitar with a locking nut. Is that true ? "

It is not 'hard' it rather takes more time but its not difficult. smile.gif

--------------------
My band SKAZA - Facebook or Official website
My SoundCloud
My YouTube Channel

Guitars: BC Rich Kerry King Signature V and Schecter JLV-7-FR
Amp: Marshall JVM 410H -> Marshall 1922
Effects Front: Dunlop Zakk Wylde Signature Wah -> Boss TU-3 -> Boss NS-2
Effects Loop: MXR Black Label Chorus -> Digitech DigiDelay

+Quote Post
Pourliver
post Jul 15 2012, 05:41 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (eMGie @ Jul 15 2012, 12:03 AM) *
Well I was thinking about those guitars at some point. The only diffirence between them is the look, I believe - I'd choose warbeast over the warlock. smile.gif

These are great guitars and definitly worth the price!

"I've heard that it was really hard to tune or change the tuning a guitar with a locking nut. Is that true ? "

It is not 'hard' it rather takes more time but its not difficult. smile.gif

Yea, I think I will take the Warbeast, but I don't know if it will be comfortable, looks like I'll cut my leg if I sit down while playing laugh.gif

Why does it takes more time ? Is there another thing to do when tuning the guitar ?

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
post Jul 15 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13.756

QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 15 2012, 04:41 AM) *
Yea, I think I will take the Warbeast, but I don't know if it will be comfortable, looks like I'll cut my leg if I sit down while playing laugh.gif

Why does it takes more time ? Is there another thing to do when tuning the guitar ?

You essentially have to leave it in the same tuning unless you change strings. When it locks, the fine tuners are really only good for changing the tuning for about a quarter - half step. Unless you are willing to go through the headache of opening the back to adjust spring pressure and you are willing to adjust the truss rod, I don't recommend it. Floating Tremolo systems require a lot of maintenance.

If you can manage them and get them to stay in tune, they become a very wondrous thing indeed. As I previously stated, though, they are a beast to maintain.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
post Jul 15 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #7

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 10.329

Generally I prefer to have six inline tuners, but when going with a BC Rich all preferences are thrown out. If you're going to get a BC Rich might as well go all the way. The Warbeast is definitely the more ostentatious guitar, not that Warlock is by any means timid.

Warbeast for me biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Jul 15 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4.733

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 15 2012, 09:26 AM) *
You essentially have to leave it in the same tuning unless you change strings. When it locks, the fine tuners are really only good for changing the tuning for about a quarter - half step. Unless you are willing to go through the headache of opening the back to adjust spring pressure and you are willing to adjust the truss rod, I don't recommend it. Floating Tremolo systems require a lot of maintenance.

If you can manage them and get them to stay in tune, they become a very wondrous thing indeed. As I previously stated, though, they are a beast to maintain.

they take about 45 mintues to change and tune a full set and if a string breaks in the middle of the show- that guitar is done
that being said, I prefer a floating bridge,so if the above is not a problem- get the beast
if you need to change tunings often-I would get the version without the whammy

looking at them again- there might be different clearance while playing up around the 15 th fret , if you could try both to see if that is an issue

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jul 15 2012, 01:39 PM

+Quote Post
Pourliver
post Jul 15 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #9

Wow, it really looks like a pain in the a** to drop tune laugh.gif If I buy this one, it will stay in standard tuning, and my strat like one will go in Drop D and D tuning laugh.gif

Yea, the Warbeast looks more aggressive, thats what I like from it smile.gif

In near 3 year with my guitar, I changed the tuning like 10 times, not more laugh.gif But thanks for talking about the clearance, I really didn't think about it, I'll look at it for sure. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Jul 16 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #10

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Whichever way you go, they're both 'in your face' and aggressive. Keep us updated with your decision ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 15 2012, 11:04 AM) *
If you're going to get a BC Rich might as well go all the way.

Haha.. yeah it's like 'Should I get the subtle Lamborghini or the outrageous one that I know I'll be jealous when I look at it and wish I'd bought it instead ?' laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2017 - 04:16 AM