> Killer Pickup Comparison Video, Seymour Duncan Showdown
rheil
post Sep 21 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #41

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 16.635

QUOTE (rheil @ Sep 19 2012, 04:12 AM) *
I have KRK Rokit 6 studio monitors. I don't know they do cut through nice but to me they have more of a fizzy sound. I've been told and don't know how true but the full shred you are able to achieve a wide range of styles from blues to metal. Nice clean tones supposedly as well. I have a Seymour Duncan invader and EMG 81/60. My clean tones always have some grit to it. I'd love to have the edge of a 81 but still get that warm clean tone.

Sometimes it takes me awhile to adjust to different sounding pickups. I'm really starting to prefer passive over active. For an example last night at practice I broke a string on my main guitar so I grabbed another axe which sports my invader pickup and it caught my attention over the EMG 81 I was using in the previous guitar. I'd would say years back I really didn't have an ear for tone I just looked for heaviness.

I would love to have that fender twin clean sound but still have the appropriate gain from a high gain tube amp.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 22 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #42

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

QUOTE (rheil @ Sep 21 2012, 07:21 AM) *
Sometimes it takes me awhile to adjust to different sounding pickups. I'm really starting to prefer passive over active. For an example last night at practice I broke a string on my main guitar so I grabbed another axe which sports my invader pickup and it caught my attention over the EMG 81 I was using in the previous guitar. I'd would say years back I really didn't have an ear for tone I just looked for heaviness.

I would love to have that fender twin clean sound but still have the appropriate gain from a high gain tube amp.

I've recently had the same experience. I was a HUGE fan of Active EMGs for the longest time. But the way some passive pickups response (alnico magnet in particular) and the way some sit in a mix is winning me back over to passive pups which I really didn't think would happen.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 07:06 PM