> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Himansu's Modern Metal Manual
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2012, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Hey Himansu!

This thread belongs to you now smile.gif

Please let me know about what you would like to learn (if it is only modern metal we can start wink.gif) and a bit about yourself and your musical/ guitar playing goals. Do you have anything recorded yet?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Jul 24 2012, 06:26 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Hey Himansu!

This thread belongs to you now smile.gif

Please let me know about what you would like to learn (if it is only modern metal we can start wink.gif) and a bit about yourself and your musical/ guitar playing goals. Do you have anything recorded yet?

Cosmin

First of all, Thank you so much for mentoring me

Majorly i would love to play in the styles of Lamb of God, Trivium, Machine Head , Devil Driver ....

Would need suggestions from you for more such bands preferably groove metal ones....

Will do a cover of the solo of my favorite song: Walk with me in Hell soon

My Primary aim is:

Ability to make Drop tuned rhythms:
cos i am stuck with respect to new ideas and things have become quite monotonous with pedal tones.
Learning new chords like the ones you have taught in Metal metrics series.

Then after i am good at this

I would love to learn how to make my own solos

I understand that in Modern Metal not every song has a solo
But i am greatly influenced by Mark Morton and his previous solo work in songs like Grace, Walk with me.... , Pathetic, Ghost Walking, Set to fail etc..

Further i also love riffs by Matt heaf/ Corey beaulieu
And not to forget Robb Flynn/ Demmel

Will record soon and put it up

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2012, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Alright Himansu! Got that all written down:

- modern metal phrasing in riffs and leads - that will be our aim smile.gif

I am waiting to see your material and then, we shall start going through various lessons and dissecting them so that you may understand what makes them tick wink.gif Tell me, how are your theory skills, my friend?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Jul 25 2012, 06:11 PM
Hello Cosmin

I have finally managed to get audio recording of the solo of Walk with me in hell

It is an attachment in this message.

Please rate it and one small request of being a lil lenient wink.gif wink.gif cos i was kinda nervous as its my first recording

yeah with regards to your questions:

My theory is not very strong as in i do know the scales like pentatonics Major scale and am learning the modes
actually if u give me a scale i can shred it down quickly

but i lack theoritical knowledge and would love to match scales and chords with respect to whats used in metalcore and groove metal

i would be extremely happy if Ben, Todd , Gab too would rate the same recording

And yeah the same request as done to Cosmin, Leniency expected in evaluation wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Please excuse the audio recording as my video recorder has some problems

Awaiting ur reply Cosmin

Please give me my first lessons cant wait wanna get started nowwww!!!!!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Walk_with_me_in_hell_solo_audio.mp3 ( 341.7K ) Number of downloads: 143

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 08:46 AM
Instructor
Hey Himansu!

First things first - could you record the solo against a metronome or some rhythmic landmark? It seems well played but it's 'in the air' somehow smile.gif

You can bend and vibrate, but still I would like to sense your timing skills biggrin.gif So please record against a metronome or backing track if possible.

Alright, we shall start off with this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metalc...-Trivium-Style/ please take a look and tell me if it's too difficult!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Jul 28 2012, 06:08 AM
Oh thank you....
just something what i needed
will practice this over the weekend and put up a recording of the same

Yes and by the way i am buying a new guitar....

Super excited

A Cort Evl x6

Set neck
emg 81 85
floyd rose original

Pearl white finish

all of this for INR 30000

Now i can learn some George Lynch whammy stuff too

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
Hehe! Yes, George is something, ain't he? biggrin.gif

These lessons below, deal with his style smile.gif Please take a look over them and let's go through them in what regards theory - so you can understand what he uses and how he phrases, ok?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/dragon...f_george_lynch/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...h-style-lesson/

They might be too advanced technically, but that doesn't mean we can't analyze and later on when your technique is tip top! If you feel like you can already start learning them, please tell me, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Jul 29 2012, 04:58 PM
m working on the Metalcore rhythm
should get it in a day or two

Lynch style by Zsolt seems nice and challenging.
will try that too but take time for i....

first things first, will record the trivium style lesson soon
and dis time with backing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2012, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif Don't be hasty, ok? smile.gif It's important to nail each one as close to perfection as possible and then go for the next smile.gif

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Aug 5 2012, 09:10 AM
Heyya Big Bro wassup

Man dis week was a kinda mixed bag.....
My guitars r down and need some time to fix em up so dat i can record again and join v chats
But i gotta new amp
peavey 6505 plus 112 finally......

Again man, Sorry.... gimme some time so i can fix up my guitar and practice da tasks u gave me

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 5 2012, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Hey Himansu! No problem man - wow the Peavy 6505 is great! biggrin.gif Congratulations mate - how about posting some pictures in the 'Practice' zone and telling us why you chose this one?

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Aug 5 2012, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 5 2012, 01:28 PM) *
Hey Himansu! No problem man - wow the Peavy 6505 is great! biggrin.gif Congratulations mate - how about posting some pictures in the 'Practice' zone and telling us why you chose this one?

Suree Brother...... once my guitars r up mostly by wednesday..... smile.gif i will surely post i vid of da amp playing

i tried some shop guitars on it..... and it kicks ass seriously

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2012, 10:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Himansu C Kerkar @ Aug 5 2012, 04:02 PM) *
Suree Brother...... once my guitars r up mostly by wednesday..... smile.gif i will surely post i vid of da amp playing

i tried some shop guitars on it..... and it kicks ass seriously

I was aiming for the same thing, just that I want the head and cabinet version biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Aug 10 2012, 04:28 PM
Head and Cabinet version is amazing

though its very expensive

but slightly expensive is the Mesa Boogie Mark 5
LOG guys use it
i guess Morton's got a RA 100 this year

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 12 2012, 07:00 PM
Instructor
I received an offer for the 6505 head for about 1000 bucks, which is pretty ok I think.

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Aug 14 2012, 05:50 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 12 2012, 06:00 PM) *
I received an offer for the 6505 head for about 1000 bucks, which is pretty ok I think.

go for it man
its a beautiful amp

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 15 2012, 08:46 AM
Instructor
Well, these next 2-3 months I'll be doing a lot of other investments in my studio especially and my own little gym, but if I am able to sell my current amps (Crate Blue Voodoo 120 head and cab and a Marchall AVT 50) I will get the 6505 and a Mesa 2x 12 from eBay.

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Aug 15 2012, 10:01 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 15 2012, 07:46 AM) *
Well, these next 2-3 months I'll be doing a lot of other investments in my studio especially and my own little gym, but if I am able to sell my current amps (Crate Blue Voodoo 120 head and cab and a Marchall AVT 50) I will get the 6505 and a Mesa 2x 12 from eBay.

nice....
and ya my guitars r back
m gonna put up a recording soon
and ya will put up a small review of 6505 soon ( obviously giving it 5/5 wink.gif )

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 15 2012, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Alright! biggrin.gif Can't wait to see them!

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Aug 16 2012, 05:40 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 15 2012, 09:11 AM) *
Alright! biggrin.gif Can't wait to see them!

heyya big brother

got the amp and my new guitar is ready

have finally started practicing after some 10 days
find the amp a lil difficult to master especially the noise its very loud

plus the bridge on my new guitar a schaller vintage tremolo has a low action as compared to tune o matics

and the active pick ups

everything seems sooooo new
will need a day or 2 to getta a hang of things

cos first time m playing active pikups and a tube amplifier

seems like jumping straight into hell

ha ha
m lovin it

i did play and nail the trivium lesson u gave me but dis time m gonna use proper metronomes

do suggest me some cheap pedals dat help me tame this beastly amp

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:26 AM