> Playing Standing Up
Marcus Siepen
post Jul 31 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #21

Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.464

I guess everybody will feel the difference betweeen playing while standing or sitting. I just can't play when my guitars are hanging too high, it just feels unnatural for me, so I prefer it when my guitar hangs rather low (not too low of course ;-) ) but like that some stuff gets more difficult, leads on higher frets for example. My approach to this "problem" is rather simple, I practice both way, sitting and standing. I have to say that playing standing up is more important for me though, after all when I play live I am not sitting down, right? ;-)

Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jul 31 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.579

Nice Alex. Great to find you getting better at it too smile.gif Maybe thats what worked with me too. I always played almost everything from the beginning standing up. smile.gif Including this exercise wink.gif So, I never had a problem. Sitting and standing are both equally comfotable, and my guitar hangs kinda low too smile.gif

I am ready for the road cool.gif laugh.gif

Play with emotion. Playing with all technique and no emotion makes you boring. And most importantly, Make faces while bending.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2016 - 06:02 AM