> The Complaint Thread
Smikey2006
post Oct 8 2007, 02:08 AM
Post #301

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

Cutting your hand was not smart.. ive done that.. makes playing a pain.. my complaint today is that no matter how hard you work theres never enough money for what you want..

After Houseing
Taxes
Bills
Car (GRRR)
Gas ( GRRR)
Girlfriend(GRRRRR:D)
food
coffee

= no money left for new guitar stuff.. next purchase tho.. is a ESP orrrr some sort of ibanez

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Oct 8 2007, 02:11 AM
Post #302

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

Cut out food (but keep coffee) laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Oct 8 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #303

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 7 2007, 11:56 AM) *
Talking about complaints...cut my index finger tip on the left hand and now can barely touch strings with that finger... GRRRRR

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 7 2007, 07:02 PM) *
Im glad im not into sports....it seems to save alot of dispair on my behalve wink.gif

Not nice Pavel sad.gif .

I sort of share your pain today - put my hand down on some broken glass whilst doing some work in the garden yesterday and so spent most of yesterday in A&E whilst they picked bits out of my left palm. Apparently there is some still in there which they can't get to (and I can feel it sort of moving about now and then sad.gif .)

Only good thing is it doesn't seem to have affected my guitar playing much - still dreadful rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

ps Matt some of darkest hours of misery are caused by Everton, Cork and Ireland sad.gif . But like an idiot I keep going back for more at the start of each new season blink.gif . Guess I ust don't learn

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Oct 8 2007, 02:17 AM
Post #304

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

Ouch - I've heard of peoples tone being likened to broken glass, but Tony, you weren't meant to take it literally wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Oct 8 2007, 02:42 AM
Post #305

Group Icon

laugh.gif Guess not Andrew.

Least my time in A&E was good for practicing my poor Spanish:

Doc (in Spanish), 'Tell me if this hurts' - just before he starts rummaging about in my palm with some tweasers.
Me, 'Arrrrh!'
Doc (in Spanish) 'That hurt then?'

- I kid you not.

Now I know that the Spanish for "arrrrh' is the same as the English rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Oct 8 2007, 04:00 AM
Post #306

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.001

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Oct 8 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #307

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.062

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 8 2007, 03:42 AM) *
laugh.gif Guess not Andrew.

Least my time in A&E was good for practicing my poor Spanish:

Doc (in Spanish), 'Tell me if this hurts' - just before he starts rummaging about in my palm with some tweasers.
Me, 'Arrrrh!'
Doc (in Spanish) 'That hurt then?'
- I kid you not.

Now I know that the Spanish for "arrrrh' is the same as the English rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

biggrin.gif sorry to hear about the glass accident though. (no Kris, not specatcles)

I bid my humble excuse to all Spanish people here but it's a fact that when Spanish speak english it's always too fast and very.... distorted rolleyes.gif
Swedes aren't the best english speaking ppl around either, slow and thoughtful, so the combination of a Swede and Spanish speaking english isn't always that huge a success.

Nod and pretend to understand (had to do this a lot at my last work). If you say "come again" you will hear the same phrase repeated at the speed of light and very badly pronounced. Just like the first time.

Once we had a one hour session where they explained their IT system to us, three amigos up by the whyteboard for an hour and swedes in their seats listening and nodding through out the entire session. When it's time for question noone has any... I think to myself "What? Was I the only one that didn't get anything of it?". Asking around afterwards it shows that noone got squat.

Humble as I am, it wasn't the Spanish folks fault, and not the Swedes either, it was all my fault, yeah, nobody gets upset now laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Oct 8 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #308

Group Icon

Well the English (and Irish) are dreadful when it comes to any other language. We just assume everyone should speak English (or in my case English and Irish) and if they can't we start shouting the same words louder and louder rolleyes.gif . (It's what I was doing - Spanish doc doesn't understand so I just screamed a bit louder blink.gif unsure.gif huh.gif .)

Not the doc's fault - I've been in Spain now for a year so I should be able to scream in Spanish by now tongue.gif .

Anyway I always thought that you IT people spoke a different language to us mere mortals anyway MickeM wink.gif .

Cheers,
Tony laugh.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Oct 8 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #309

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.304

I got a complaint, my Boss yelled at me for not doing work on my break...WTF?!?!

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
post Oct 8 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #310

Member No.: 2.315

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 8 2007, 03:35 AM) *
I got a complaint, my Boss yelled at me for not doing work on my break...WTF?!?!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
Ayen
post Oct 8 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #311

Member No.: 2.393

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 8 2007, 09:35 AM) *

"Yeah hi it's Bill Lumbergh again, ah, I just wanted to make sure you knew that we did start at the, ah, usual time this morning. Yeah, it isnt a half day or anything, so if you could just go ahead and get here as soon as possible that would be terrific"

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Oct 8 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #312

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.304

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Oct 8 2007, 12:21 PM

+Quote Post
VinceG
post Oct 8 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #313

Member No.: 973

hahahahaha I love Office Space. Lumbergh is hilarious.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Ayen
post Oct 9 2007, 07:35 AM
Post #314

Member No.: 2.393

Haha, that he is.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
botoxfox
post Oct 12 2007, 03:33 AM
Post #315

Member No.: 1.226

I have a nasty taste of cod liver oil in my mouth that won't go away! dry.gif I also managed to cut the tip of my index finger somehow, don't know what happened...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
post Oct 12 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #316

Instructor

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.055

Didn't practice guitar for 3 days now sad.gif sad.gif But i'm still gonna record 2 new lessons this weekend! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
post Oct 12 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #317

Member No.: 2.019

New guitar is taking too long to get here sad.gif and it's gonna be a pain to learn how to tune. mad.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
post Oct 18 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #318

Get to da Chopper!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.374

i've got a wisdom tooth coming through- and it kills.

Now i know why babies cry constantly.... mad.gif

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
post Oct 18 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #319

Member No.: 2.541

pieces of my fretting fingers keep getting carved off and leave me with grooves which catch onto the strings even better!!!! my fingers look like they just fought a bunch of samurai!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
post Oct 19 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #320

Member No.: 810

new complaint. my guitars have weak pickups, one has like 220 and the other has like 221.1, whilst steve vai has a flippin 500 one. i need to get rid of these duncan related magnets and get some new dimarzio related magnets
and one more complaint, im tired, im bored, i suck at guitar as i not got much better since i last posted here even though i did practice quite often every night. AND nothing has changed for the better, and school still sucks and i want to skip school for the next 3 years, live off my parents money and practie guitar and piano 24/7 so i wil be amazing when i am old enough to go touring, selling records and all sorts of fun stuff, maybe even be as good as whoever killed the steve vai song you guys were all talking about? anyone can send me the link to that attempt of FOR THE LOVE OF GOD please do so immediately to prevent the world from imminent destruction from my rage

+Quote Post

56 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:29 AM