10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Who Inspired You?, To play guitar BETTER!
PB and J
Jun 14 2007, 06:42 AM
GMC:er
I saw this video, and I wanted to be able to do what Kurikinton fox does.
Not to mention I'm a video game nerd, so that made this video that much more amazing for me.

Kurikinton FOX

He has some pretty good original songs posted up on youtube as well.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Aug 24 2007, 09:49 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yonrak
Jun 14 2007, 02:14 PM
Wow thats pretty amazing. Very clean. I love final fantasy 5 biggrin.gif (also abit of a game nerd)

My biggest inspiration is probably John Petrucci. Every time I watch one of his videos it makes me realise how bad I am (in comparison) at the guitar - but in a way that I think "I wish I could do that - I'm going to go practice".
Still....Progress is slow and I need another good 3-5 years yet lol tongue.gif

But the band to make me start learning guitar was actually Nightwish heheh

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Yonrak: Jun 16 2007, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 14 2007, 03:39 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Absolutely awesome, great guitar playing, and i love Final Fantasy as well, especially FF5, one of the first ones i played. smile.gif

My biggest inspiration is music in general, if i had to pick specific musicians, i'd pick Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Janick Gers of Iron Maiden, and porbably Steve Vai.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jun 14 2007, 03:41 PM

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 14 2007, 04:31 PM
The people that made me start play guitar was my dad, dave murray and adrian smith(iron maiden).
But the people who kicked me in the ass and made me play for real was probably SRV, johnny winter, Kris of course, and my dad again tongue.gif

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 14 2007, 05:17 PM
John Petrucci is my current inspiration (his Rock Discipline videos are not only awesome, the spoofs are hilarious)

My inital, "omg I need to play that," was Kirk Hammet from Metallica

SRV and Herman Li (despite the controversy over him on this board tongue.gif) are also big ones for me.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jun 14 2007, 05:56 PM
My guitar instructor and personal friend, jeff.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 14 2007, 06:05 PM
Learning Roadie
So many people. I couldn't list them all here.

Ironically my dad plays pretty well (but he's a natural player, only having gotten good over 30+ years, doesn't know any scales, etc) but he never taught me anything.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 14 2007, 07:04 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
My Uncle is an incredible guitar player, he can play the blues so dam good, and he doesnt know a single note, scale, chord, or anything!! he doesnt know what an 8th note or a quarter note is, but he can still shred it up and still be in time! its awsome to see.

+Quote Post
Mindbinder
Jun 14 2007, 07:06 PM
My dad sat me down and had me listen to all his Paco De Lucia and Al Dimiola Vynil. First thing I thought was I want to play like that.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 14 2007, 07:28 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Noone - I was totally fascinated by guitars at an early age and wanted to be able to play them for as long as I can remember.

Thinking about it some more, I just realized, it must have been my uncle - he had a Watkins Rapier and would play Buddy Holly songs to me when I was about 5, I think it all stemmed from that!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 14 2007, 07:39 PM
My first and still inspirations are:

Slash, Kris, Jimmy Page, Yngwie Malmsteen, Kirk Hammett, and alot more!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 14 2007, 08:42 PM
Man where do I start ?

Big Influences of mine are john frusicante, rusty cooley, michael angelo batio, Yngwie Malmsteen, Kirk Hammett, and everyone here at Gmc. Knowing that there are people all around the world working as hard as I am to be good at the guitar is a big inspiration. And also Troy grady is huge. He is an amazing guitarit and his perception on life and the guitar is also great. smile.gif

Top 3 would be.

1. Troy Grady cool.gif
2. John frusicante cool.gif
3. Kirk Hammett cool.gif

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jun 14 2007, 09:28 PM
1.Jeff Hanna
2.Jimi Hendrix
3.Dave Mustaine
4.Peter Frampton
5.Steve Vai
6.Randy Rhoads
7.Jimmy Page
8.Bruce Dickinson
9.The Satch!!! Nuff said!

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Jun 24 2007, 11:29 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 15 2007, 12:03 AM
Steve vai
Jon(shadows fall)
John Petrucci(dream theatre)
Joe Satriani
Michael Romeo (symphany x)
Mikael Akerfeldt(OPETH!)\

those are the new guys
from way back when

Eddie, jimi few others but im lazy smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Brad
Jun 16 2007, 02:55 AM
I'd have to say Jerry Cantrell and Randy Rhoads. I'm a huge AIC fan and c'mon Ozzy with Randy was just the coolest thing ever.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
misterj
Jun 16 2007, 03:05 AM
Clapton, SRV, steve vai, Hendrix, jeff loomis (nevermore), frank gambale, john mayer, and john petrucci.

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jun 16 2007, 03:54 AM
1. Daron Malakian
2. Kirk Hammett
3.Tom Morrelo

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 16 2007, 04:56 AM
The Dark Canuck
Tom Morello and Jimmy Page

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jun 16 2007, 07:10 AM
  • Shawn Lane
  • Rusty Cooley
  • Mattias IA Eklundh
  • Dave Martone
  • Andrew York
  • Paul Gilbert
  • Don Ross
  • Paco Hernández
  • Buckethead
  • José de Castro
  • Brett Garsed
  • Andy James
  • Steve Vai
  • Joe Satriani
etc... are all big inspirations for me and my personal creative concept.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jun 16 2007, 11:13 AM
My inspiration is SO varied... Starting from Stained, to Muse, to players like Vai Satch Timmons and Gilbert, some Israeli bands, all the way to vocal virtuosos like Christina Auguilera even. and in general, everytime I hear a song on the radio I want to grab my guitar and jam!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:34 AM