Gabriel Leopardi
post Aug 26 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2012, 08:05 AM) *
I don't know all of them (I'll have to ask), but I know Peru, Chile and Argentina are on the list smile.gif

Great! You have to know these countries! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Sep 1 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #22

Learning Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.623

I've posted many bands before, but I don't think I've posted this one before. Maybe someone might like them biggrin.gif From Mongolia:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 2 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Sep 1 2012, 10:59 PM) *
I've posted many bands before, but I don't think I've posted this one before. Maybe someone might like them biggrin.gif From Mongolia:

Man this sounds totally mystical! I don;t believe that could be a didjeridoo in the beginning, as it's an aboriginee instrument, rather than a Mongolian one?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Sep 2 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #24

Learning Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.623

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 2 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Man this sounds totally mystical! I don;t believe that could be a didjeridoo in the beginning, as it's an aboriginee instrument, rather than a Mongolian one?

Not quite! It's throat singing biggrin.gif

edit: or if you are thinking of the violin-like instrument that comes when the guitar kicks in, I believe it's probably an Erhu!

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 2 2012, 08:06 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 2 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

Wow biggrin.gif Super interesting! Thanks for sharing mate - so this is why those Asian melodic lines played on the Erhu are having such a wide vibrato - it's like vibrating into thin air!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 2 2012, 10:43 PM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Sep 1 2012, 07:59 PM) *

man!! I enjoyed this a lot! this guys make a great balance of extreme metal and their own folk and the result is very interesting for me. I love when this combinations are done with good quality. One band that come to mind when I was hearing this is Sepultura. When they recorded the album "Roots" they combiner metal with their folk in a very clever way.. so they did one of the best metal albums of all time (from my point of view).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 3 2012, 07:03 AM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

Hehe! I totally agree man! I loved that album ESPECIALLY because of the folk music influences they have used wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 3 2012, 08:53 AM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2012, 10:43 PM) *
One band that come to mind when I was hearing this is Sepultura. When they recorded the album "Roots" they combiner metal with their folk in a very clever way.. so they did one of the best metal albums of all time (from my point of view).

When I first heard that album when I was a kid, me and my friends thought it was the most outrageous, heavy thing we'd ever heard !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 3 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #29

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 3 2012, 04:53 AM) *
When I first heard that album when I was a kid, me and my friends thought it was the most outrageous, heavy thing we'd ever heard !

haha it's awesome how our ears get accustomed to music that is more and more extreme...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 4 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #30

Instructor
Group Icon

I remember how scared i was, the first time that I listened to Tool... Man...it was horrifying - I was at a friends house at his birthday party back in 2003. His house is rather large but wider, rather than taller, so I was sleepy and trying to find an empty room to lay down a bit, I went and went, until Passing through several rooms I found one silent enough. I was alone.

The sound of music was somewhere far away but still pretty much distinguishable, so that at the point when I went in that state right before falling asleep, terror struck me.... I could hear a circus like music and suddenly, a creepy little ugly man appeared and started dancing grotesquely around the bed. I can't describe the sensation... That instant, a friend came into the room and I found myself clutching the bed cover so tight, that it got all tangled up beneath me. I later found out that the song which I was hearing was a tune played by Tool. It took me about 5-6 years to listen to them again and understand that music smile.gif

I must add that I didn't even have something to drink or anything else... Pretty weird huh?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 4 2012, 02:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 4 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #31

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 4 2012, 02:21 PM) *
I remember how scared i was, the first time that I listened to Tool... Man...it was horrifying - I was at a friends house at his birthday party back in 2003. His house is rather large but wider, rather than taller, so I was sleepy and trying to find an empty room to lay down a bit, I went and went, until Passing through several rooms I found one silent enough. I was alone.

The sound of music was somewhere far away but still pretty much distinguishable, so that at the point when I went in that state right before falling asleep, terror struck me.... I could hear a circus like music and suddenly, a creepy little ugly man appeared and started dancing grotesquely around the bed. I can't describe the sensation... That instant, a friend came into the room and I found myself clutching the bed cover so tight, that it got all tangled up beneath me. I later found out that the song which I was hearing was a tune played by Tool. It took me about 5-6 years to listen to them again and understand that music smile.gif

I must add that I didn't even have something to drink or anything else... Pretty weird huh?

That is a very... unusual experience. I first heard Tool live at Ozzfest which was a lot less scary than your experience !! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2017 - 02:27 AM