2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Greatest Rock / Guitar Albums
Ben Higgins
Aug 28 2012, 08:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 27 2012, 12:59 PM) *
MSG- first 4 albums

Ah, how did I forget one of my favourites ??

MSG - Assault Attack, the one with Graham Bonnet on vocals ! What a record ! Thanks for reminding me smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 28 2012, 10:27 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 26 2012, 06:15 PM) *
What no Ozzy Blizzard of Oz? smile.gif

+2!

Yeah AK, how can we forget Ozzy's firstborn child!!
I would add no Rest for the wicked also!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 29 2012, 08:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 28 2012, 10:27 AM) *
Yeah AK, how can we forget Ozzy's firstborn child!!
I would add no Rest for the wicked also!!

Bark at the Moon ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 5 2012, 10:55 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Aynthing with Randy Rhoads belongs to such a list, Bark at the Moon is awesome too... well, there is a lot of great stuff out there I guess ^^

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 5 2012, 11:32 AM
As we all see, the vast majority (95%) of top guitar related / Rock albums are from the mighty 80's!
What Does that MEEN????

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 5 2012, 11:40 AM
well, there are great songs today as well, but with many bands today it is about a big overblown production to cover up lacks in songwriting...

--------------------

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 5 2012, 01:38 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 5 2012, 12:32 PM) *
As we all see, the vast majority (95%) of top guitar related / Rock albums are from the mighty 80's!
What Does that MEEN????

I think the more time passes the easier is to be called "classic"
It would be interesting which albums that come out today will be the great classic albums then...

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 5 2012, 01:43 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Sep 5 2012, 10:40 AM) *
well, there are great songs today as well, but with many bands today it is about a big overblown production to cover up lacks in songwriting...

I 101 % Agree on this !!!
We came to the era where modern overblown production is 90% of music in general, that will unfortunally lead us to killing the talented musicians without that overrated production...

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 5 2012, 01:45 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 5 2012, 03:57 PM
I don't think the problem is a lack of untalented musicians, not at all, there are tons of great guys out there. The problem is the change of the whole music industry and that fact that you can record an album for very little money today, you can actually do it at home. So way too many bands release albums, bands that are not ready to do albums and that would have never got signed back in the 80s, and like that it is much harder for good acts to get recognised...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 7 2012, 11:10 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 5 2012, 01:43 PM) *
I 101 % Agree on this !!!
We came to the era where modern overblown production is 90% of music in general, that will unfortunally lead us to killing the talented musicians without that overrated production...

A little differently Slav - I'd say it's poor/inexperienced producers rather than overblown production, albeit that the former often do the latter.

The advent of daws have meant that many people now think that being a sound engineer is just a case of reading the manual/internet web site/magazine article but who have no real experience/training. Similarly there are also a lot of people who call themselves 'producers' whose entire experience is releasing a home produced project. All of this has helped lead to a position where there is a lot of poorly recorded/mixed/mastered stuff on the internet that a good producer would never have let see the light of day.

I'm not saying that this is the case for all home studio produced stuff as there are exceptions.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 7 2012, 12:23 PM
What do you think of ANdy SNeap? Are you a fan of his production?

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 7 2012, 12:38 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sneap's good at what he does but I wouldn't claim to be a fan and he wouldn't feature in my all time top 10.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:33 PM