post Aug 28 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 28 2012, 12:25 AM) *
WOW! That's awesome!

How are you guys booking all this huge gigs? Do you book yourself or have a manager? Do tell! Give everyone
the inside scoop on band building!

Hi Todd! yes, we work with a manager has been working with under bands for many years. She does her job very well, she really dedicates his life to this as much as we do it with music and the band. She is like a member of the band. We started working together when we released our second album. As soon as our second album was released (by an indie label) we started to play with some famous bands here (Shaila, Catupecu Machu) and people started to pay attention to us... it seems that it was our moment because Paramore was becoming big in the whole world so punk alternative rock with a female singer was something that people wanted to hear. Casually, Paramore decides to visit Argentina, so we said our manager: "WE HAVE TO PLAY WITH THEM". We didn't know which label or producer was bringing them here but we started to search for it. At the same time, our fans (not too much) created a Facebook Group that was called "For the ones that want Cirse as the opening act of Paramore". This group became viral so everybody started to ask us if it was true that we were going to play with the band. When our manager finally found the producer that were organizing Paramore's show, they liked the idea as soon as they saw the Facebook group. (they didn't know about Cirse before that). After playing with Paramore things become a bit (just a bit) easier because if you have an audience (no matter if it's not too big) you can organize your own shows and every body wants to contract you to play.
This was just the beginning, before that there were many other things that we did, we worked hard, we did many press strategies. Everything counting with creativity here in Argentina it's hard to be am musician. We are still everyday thinking how to keep on growing as a band...

now that I'm writing all these things because there are lots of experiences to share... I will start before I forget the best parts! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 28 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 28 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Hi Todd! yes, we work with a manager has been working with under bands for many years. She does her job very well, she really dedicates his life to this as much as we do it with music and the band. She is like a member of the band. We started working together when we released our second album. As soon as our second album was released (by an indie label) we started to play with some famous bands here (Shaila, Catupecu Machu) and people started to pay attention to us... it seems that it was our moment because Paramore was becoming big in the whole world so punk alternative rock with a female singer was something that people wanted to hear. Casually, Paramore decides to visit Argentina, so we said our manager: "WE HAVE TO PLAY WITH THEM". We didn't know which label or producer was bringing them here but we started to search for it. At the same time, our fans (not too much) created a Facebook Group that was called "For the ones that want Cirse as the opening act of Paramore". This group became viral so everybody started to ask us if it was true that we were going to play with the band. When our manager finally found the producer that were organizing Paramore's show, they liked the idea as soon as they saw the Facebook group. (they didn't know about Cirse before that). After playing with Paramore things become a bit (just a bit) easier because if you have an audience (no matter if it's not too big) you can organize your own shows and every body wants to contract you to play.
This was just the beginning, before that there were many other things that we did, we worked hard, we did many press strategies. Everything counting with creativity here in Argentina it's hard to be am musician. We are still everyday thinking how to keep on growing as a band...

now that I'm writing all these things because there are lots of experiences to share... I will start before I forget the best parts! smile.gif

Just as I thought smile.gif To resume the facts, you guys are fighting on all fronts, but it's important to have a good manager that believes in the band and its music. The dude that takes care of Aria, is more like a bookie than a manager. I just found out today that we are the opening acts for Accept and Anathema, but this dude just calls us and tells us about these gigs which happen. No other implication on his behalf... We still need a trustworthy person for a manager and LOTS of bookies. Am I correct? The more bookies you have, the more gigs you are to contract, if of course you share the revenues with the bookies, or in the worst case scenario, you pay the bookie and you gain nothing else but the actual gig smile.gif This is a possibility in Romania wink.gif

Thank you for the insights Gabe! It's good to know that, after reading your story, I am realizing that my thinking is on the right way and I would be grateful if we could exchange ideas about this subject more often smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 28 2012, 03:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 29 2012, 07:29 AM
Post #23

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Congrats! Maybe a new thread from you about building a band from scratch? Promotion, press, experiences etc? Maybe something for the wiki so it's a permanent part of GMC? And easy to find?

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 28 2012, 09:24 AM) *

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 28 2012, 10:50 AM) *
Just as I thought smile.gif To resume the facts, you guys are fighting on all fronts, but it's important to have a good manager that believes in the band and its music. The dude that takes care of Aria, is more like a bookie than a manager. I just found out today that we are the opening acts for Accept and Anathema, but this dude just calls us and tells us about these gigs which happen. No other implication on his behalf... We still need a trustworthy person for a manager and LOTS of bookies. Am I correct? The more bookies you have, the more gigs you are to contract, if of course you share the revenues with the bookies, or in the worst case scenario, you pay the bookie and you gain nothing else but the actual gig smile.gif This is a possibility in Romania wink.gif

Thank you for the insights Gabe! It's good to know that, after reading your story, I am realizing that my thinking is on the right way and I would be grateful if we could exchange ideas about this subject more often smile.gif

Maybe you guys could collaborate on a new piece for the wiki talking about building up a band from scratch all the way to releasing music and booking gigs with big bands? You guys have had some great success and played with some HUGE bands. It would make a great addition to the wiki.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 29 2012, 08:54 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 29 2012, 06:29 AM) *
Congrats! Maybe a new thread from you about building a band from scratch? Promotion, press, experiences etc? Maybe something for the wiki so it's a permanent part of GMC? And easy to find?

Todd

Maybe you guys could collaborate on a new piece for the wiki talking about building up a band from scratch all the way to releasing music and booking gigs with big bands? You guys have had some great success and played with some HUGE bands. It would make a great addition to the wiki.

That's a great idea Todd! I'm in for it smile.gif Check this out: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=45797

Gabe - I am inviting you to help me build the thread, so let your ideas flow in the thread above, mate! Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Aug 29 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 29 2012, 04:54 AM) *
That's a great idea Todd! I'm in for it smile.gif Check this out: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=45797

Gabe - I am inviting you to help me build the thread, so let your ideas flow in the thread above, mate! Thank you!

It sounds great Cosmin! I will start writing something for it because I'm sure that this will be very helpful for everybody! I think that Alex and Javier (Aviles) could also add a lot to that thread.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 29 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 29 2012, 12:54 PM) *
It sounds great Cosmin! I will start writing something for it because I'm sure that this will be very helpful for everybody! I think that Alex and Javier (Aviles) could also add a lot to that thread.

Of course! smile.gif I will invite them personally

Todd, this goes for you too - you have written very, very interesting articles about the industry and the online media from the perspective of the modern artist. Please join us! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Aug 29 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 29 2012, 10:56 AM) *

Todd, this goes for you too - you have written very, very interesting articles about the industry and the online media from the perspective of the modern artist. Please join us! smile.gif

yeah! it's true, Todd's articles are always great.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 5 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Finally this is the main line up the day we play! smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 6 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 29 2012, 09:56 AM) *

Thrilled to be a part of it! smile.gif I think this is gonna be awesome!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 6 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #30

Instructor
Group Icon

Looking forward to seeing what you have prepared for us tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
post Sep 7 2012, 01:20 AM
Post #31

Moderator - The Dark Canuck
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.395

I'm just getting back from being away for 3 weeks so I'm a little behind...

This is so great Gabe!! I saw something over on Facebook but my spanish is horrible so didn't realize it was so huge smile.gif

I am very happy for you and the members of Cirse!! Lots of pics and video please!!!

rok

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 7 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #32

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (rokchik @ Sep 7 2012, 12:20 AM) *

This is so great Gabe!! I saw something over on Facebook but my spanish is horrible so didn't realize it was so huge smile.gif

I am very happy for you and the members of Cirse!! Lots of pics and video please!!!

rok

Indeed! Gabe you have to ask Evanescence's drummer to take a pic with you biggrin.gif or shoot a little movie and ask him to say Hi to his biggest fan in Romania.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 7 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #33

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (rokchik @ Sep 6 2012, 09:20 PM) *

rok

Thanks a lot! Yes, we will cover this event with lots of pics and videos! smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 7 2012, 03:20 AM) *
Indeed! Gabe you have to ask Evanescence's drummer to take a pic with you biggrin.gif or shoot a little movie and ask him to say Hi to his biggest fan in Romania.

hahaha ok! If I have to possibility to talk with them I will do it!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 7 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #34

Instructor
Group Icon

biggrin.gif That would be so awesome! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 16 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

GREAT NEWS! Our wonderful Master of Wikidom (Fran of course) has created a very spiff new section of the GMC WIKI to serve as a bastion of information for folks wanting to start a band or already having one, to learn more about the music industry at large and how one might forge a path forward. Thanks FRAN!!!!!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...Tips_%26_Advice

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 17 2012, 06:27 AM
Post #36

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 16 2012, 10:13 PM) *
GREAT NEWS! Our wonderful Master of Wikidom (Fran of course) has created a very spiff new section of the GMC WIKI to serve as a bastion of information for folks wanting to start a band or already having one, to learn more about the music industry at large and how one might forge a path forward. Thanks FRAN!!!!!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...Tips_%26_Advice

biggrin.gif Ain't this just great? I also added a new little article yesterday smile.gif It was generated by some bad news but, hey, this is life. People com and go in our bands and we should know how to deal with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 17 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #37

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 17 2012, 02:27 AM) *
biggrin.gif Ain't this just great? I also added a new little article yesterday smile.gif It was generated by some bad news but, hey, this is life. People com and go in our bands and we should know how to deal with it.

This is so great guys!! I will work on some stuff for this! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nether
post Sep 17 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #38

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.285

It's great to see your bands growing.
I wish you all the best, and if someday you come to Spain i'll buy some tickets wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 18 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #39

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nether @ Sep 17 2012, 03:53 PM) *
It's great to see your bands growing.
I wish you all the best, and if someday you come to Spain i'll buy some tickets wink.gif

hahahah that would be so cool mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 18 2012, 09:10 AM
Post #40

Instructor
Group Icon

Thanks man! My first trip to Spain was in Barcelona and I fell in love with that city! It would be great to perform there biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2017 - 11:41 AM