Anti Pick Slipping Ideas ! :d, some of my ideas, share yours
Smikey2006
Jun 15 2007, 04:17 AM
GMC:er
Hey GMC, are you gettin tired of playing a song and realizeing your pick is slipping ohmy.gif getting sweaty hands and noticing its getting hard to play your pick sideways and that big solo is coming up? have i got some ideas for you biggrin.gif haha no more salesman talk, i just stumbled across a site with all kinds of anti pick slipping ideas and id like to share a few

superglue sandpaper to your pick except over the end
skateboard grip tape
store bought grip like "monkey snot"
my fav- punch a hole in your pick to put your fingers

those are my ideas, got anymore GMC?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 15 2007, 04:34 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jun 14 2007, 10:17 PM) *
Hey GMC, are you gettin tired of playing a song and realizeing your pick is slipping ohmy.gif getting sweaty hands and noticing its getting hard to play your pick sideways and that big solo is coming up? have i got some ideas for you biggrin.gif haha no more salesman talk, i just stumbled across a site with all kinds of anti pick slipping ideas and id like to share a few

superglue sandpaper to your pick except over the end
skateboard grip tape
store bought grip like "monkey snot"
my fav- punch a hole in your pick to put your fingers

those are my ideas, got anymore GMC?

if you are serious, i have found two.

1) Cool picks ($1 each). They work pretty well.
2) This other type, don't know the brand. The thick ones are dark blue, the 1mm light blue. both work well. They have little dots in the grip part. These are my favorite. 75 cents each. Worth it, just don't lose them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lespaulrocker
Jun 15 2007, 06:44 AM
i use picks called "brain picks" they are MUCH better than regular picks. ive used them for about 6 months now, and im not going back to regulars. after the time ive been using them, a little of the grit has worn off, and you don't even feel a difference after a while smile.gif . its about 7.50$ for like 10, so you don't want to lose 'em. They come in a case, and have a picture of a rabid dog on them (wierd... unsure.gif ).

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 15 2007, 07:08 AM
Hey, ill make it easy on you dude. Take a knife, and scratch the pick where you hold it. Trust me it will give you grip thats what i do on both sides of the pick, and at first its a little gritty, but afterwards it will give you great grip and if you wanted to you can even slide it. Its that kind of thing thats very small, but helps very big!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 16 2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys, ive tried a couple i wanna try those new picks right now smile.gif maybe ill pick em up next time i get some strings, Ive tried scratching the picks too, maybe its just how i grip my pick, it gives me a big more grip but not considerable sad.gif maybe ill need to try scratching it up more.

Edit: a bit more grip not a big more grip smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 16 2007, 11:37 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
instant glue!!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 16 2007, 11:40 PM
Super Glue biggrin.gif who needs to let the pick ever leave your hand anyways, would probably be better off staying there smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 17 2007, 05:40 PM
use gluestick when ur done with it just rub ur fingers and the glu will shred off like snake skin tongue.gif

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Jun 18 2007, 03:48 AM
I use the tips of Ernie Ball thumb picks - just cut the rest of it off with scissors.

Then I wrap the top with two strips of electrical tape, leaving about a half an inch extra on each side of the pick.

Trust me, it works great. The pick never slips, it's long enough to always hit the top 3 strings without moving your hand no matter what type of bridge you use, and pinch harmonics are incredibly easy.

The finger picks are pretty cheap, too. About the same price as normal guitar picks.

+Quote Post
CrashOops
Jun 18 2007, 09:10 AM
I've been using Dunlop Jazz III's they have raised lettering on them that help grip quite a bit. only thing is if you dont like a small pick they're really no good to you.
If you like a regular size pick Dunlop nylon's have good grip on them aswell. and they dont cost an arm and a leg.

Basically go into your nearest music store and buy a bunch of different types of picks. eventually you'll find one that works best for you

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 18 2007, 04:32 PM
Looks like a trip to the local guitar shop is need smile.gif lots of ideas thanks guys smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 18 2007, 06:27 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I put baby powder on my hands before i play, it dries my palms and finger tips, so there is less moisture and more grip.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 18 2007, 06:34 PM
Hmm the way I do it guys. Now that is. I just grab the pick and play. I dont worry about that. Slipping anymore. Because it doesnt happen to my anymore. I think its because that i dont grip the pick really hard. Its all light touch, and grip for me!! It works, and it takes practice to not lose our pick without gripping hard!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:03 PM