> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Early 2000s College Rock Collab
Gitarrero
Sep 23 2012, 08:56 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
This is a great take, Grace!

Barney likes it wink.gif And I like it too!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 23 2012, 08:57 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 23 2012, 07:56 AM) *
This is a great take, Grace!

Barney likes it wink.gif And I like it too!

laugh.gif Thank you smile.gif yours is great!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 23 2012, 06:19 PM
Will post mine tomorrow mate!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2012, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Excellent! Thank you gentlemen! And Grace, your take is very good! Nothing to be shy about! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2012, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that the deadline is tomorrow! biggrin.gif Since my take is done, expect the final mix on Wednesday tongue.gif

Cheerios!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Nether
Sep 24 2012, 06:01 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2012, 09:26 AM) *
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that the deadline is tomorrow! biggrin.gif Since my take is done, expect the final mix on Wednesday tongue.gif

Cheerios!

Cosmin

Here is my take. It's been very hard, but finally i got a take that i liked... sort of tongue.gif

With Backingtrack
http://soundcloud.com/jorge-fern-ndez/early-2000-collab

Without Bt
http://soundcloud.com/jorge-fern-ndez/early-2000-collab-wo-backing

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 24 2012, 08:46 PM
Here's mine Cosmin, I really enjoyed actually 'composing' it rather than just improvising. It's not perfect but the best take I could manage due to time!
[attachment=29001:E2000CRCollab_WBT.wav]

[attachment=29003:E2000CRCollab_NBT.wav]

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 24 2012, 10:02 PM
Cool stuff! I can't wait to hear Cosmin's!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2012, 08:03 AM
Instructor
The take entries are officially over at midnight! And then....we'll have the final mix biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 24 2012, 07:46 PM) *
Here's mine Cosmin, I really enjoyed actually 'composing' it rather than just improvising. It's not perfect but the best take I could manage due to time!
[attachment=29001:E2000CRCollab_WBT.wav]

[attachment=29003:E2000CRCollab_NBT.wav]

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks Neil! It's always great to write music, man! You should make a habit out of it biggrin.gif The lines are very good - they have that bit of drama which I could see when this sort of music was mixed with a scene where 'she told him she will go to study in another city and they would better break up' sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif.

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 25 2012, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 25 2012, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 25 2012, 08:03 AM) *
Thanks Neil! It's always great to write music, man! You should make a habit out of it biggrin.gif

It is, i always used to enjoy that part of things but it's having the time to just shut myself away and work on things that's the problem these days. Unfortunately I have quite a busy life and not a lot of time to myself/

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 25 2012, 08:03 AM) *
The lines are very good - they have that bit of drama which I could see when this sort of music was mixed with a scene where 'she told him she will go to study in another city and they would better break up' sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif.

I was happy when I wrote these lines, now I'm sad she's going away to study too!!
sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 26 2012, 08:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 25 2012, 05:13 PM) *
It is, i always used to enjoy that part of things but it's having the time to just shut myself away and work on things that's the problem these days. Unfortunately I have quite a busy life and not a lot of time to myself/

I was happy when I wrote these lines, now I'm sad she's going away to study too!!
sad.gif

Oooh, didn't wanna upset ya mate sad.gif tongue.gif Well, my take is ready and I will post the whole thing later on today biggrin.gif Stay tuned boys and girls!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 26 2012, 05:09 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 26 2012, 08:19 AM) *
Oooh, didn't wanna upset ya mate sad.gif tongue.gif Well, my take is ready and I will post the whole thing later on today biggrin.gif Stay tuned boys and girls!

I'm sure I'll be fine in a while!!
wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2012, 09:20 AM
Instructor
....aaand here it is biggrin.gif The moment we've all been waiting for wink.gif

Lady and gentlemen, thank you very much for your participation on this one! All the takes have a good fresh spark and I found nice parts which fit together quite well, I'd say!

In the order of appearance:

Sensible Jones - mate, I have to say this: Polish your writing skills more and more as in this take there were some very coherent lines which I am certain that could've been even more developed, if as you said yourself, they would've received a bit more time wink.gif
It can't go anywhere but in the right direction!

Grace - congratulations on your first collab missie!! biggrin.gif Nice fresh lines on the chorus, which I have selected and there were also some good ideas that i have spotted in the verse part. My suggestion is to keep writing smile.gif Experience will build itself only if you allow it to, by writing and playing. I am here to support if you'd like to work on lead playing as well wink.gif

Cosmin - YOU! YOU hurried that bend there! laugh.gif

Nether - Mate, there were some nice lines there as well, but please pay attention on having the guitar tuned, on the bending - as there were some spots where you were a bit under the tone and also, the more you will work on writing lead lines in collabs, the more coherent you will be. There were certain moments when the lines were not flowing in a certain direction - you probably were thinking 'Where should I put my hand now?' That's not the way smile.gif Listen to what your mind tells you - When you join a collab, play the track without having the guitar in your hands and hum the melodies you hear in your head - then transpose them on the guitar smile.gif The result will be great, because it's YOU there biggrin.gif

PS: There was a very inspired bend which I liked a lot there biggrin.gif

Gitarrero - EPIC ending! Straight from the 'American Pie' movies tongue.gif My friend, aside from THAT RIFF laugh.gif we all know about, you have made a name for yourself out of the fact that you always come up with good endings in my collab - am I right? biggrin.gif

Congratulations to everyone and...what should we have for next week's upcoming collab? Let's hear some suggestions - what style would you guys like to play?

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  E2000CRC_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 2.7MB ) Number of downloads: 124

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 27 2012, 11:18 AM
Instructor
This is a beautiful sounding collab, what do you think Jim ?? smile.gif

(Not meant in the sarcastic way of Bruce in the movie though !!)

Fantastic playing by everybody !!! Really impressed.. brilliant tones as well on every take biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 27 2012, 09:20 AM) *
Nether

Yes, I heard that - just perfect !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2012, 12:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 27 2012, 10:18 AM) *
This is a beautiful sounding collab, what do you think Jim ?? smile.gif

(Not meant in the sarcastic way of Bruce in the movie though !!)

Fantastic playing by everybody !!! Really impressed.. brilliant tones as well on every take biggrin.gif

Yes, I heard that - just perfect !

Thank you Ben! biggrin.gif So I am not the only one hearing the bend tongue.gif If I knew you would listen to it, I could've bet my money on the fact that you heard it too cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 27 2012, 01:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 27 2012, 12:20 PM) *
Thank you Ben! biggrin.gif So I am not the only one hearing the bend tongue.gif If I knew you would listen to it, I could've bet my money on the fact that you heard it too cool.gif

It sounded like one of those amazing moments that just happen naturally and you go 'Wow, did I do that ??'

Nether can tell us if that was the case ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nether
Sep 27 2012, 04:55 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 27 2012, 10:20 AM) *
Nether - Mate, there were some nice lines there as well, but please pay attention on having the guitar tuned, on the bending - as there were some spots where you were a bit under the tone and also, the more you will work on writing lead lines in collabs, the more coherent you will be. There were certain moments when the lines were not flowing in a certain direction - you probably were thinking 'Where should I put my hand now?' That's not the way smile.gif Listen to what your mind tells you - When you join a collab, play the track without having the guitar in your hands and hum the melodies you hear in your head - then transpose them on the guitar smile.gif The result will be great, because it's YOU there biggrin.gif

Thank you for the tips Cosmin, i'll try to follow them the next time. I'm almost sure that i tuned the guitar before playing, but as i did a lot of takes some string might have go out of tune. I'll try what you said about thinking the melody before, i've been improving my ear training so i might be able to do it.
I've a lot to learn but i think that doing these kind of things helped a lot. At least it's very funny, and hearing the final result it's great.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 27 2012, 02:45 PM) *
It sounded like one of those amazing moments that just happen naturally and you go 'Wow, did I do that ??'

Nether can tell us if that was the case ! smile.gif

Hahaha i don't know which bending are you talking about.

Almost every thing is improvised so it's probably good luck, except the prebend-release at 0:35. I did that in one take and then I keep doing it in every take, and as I wasn't very inspired i ended doing it a lot of times laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 27 2012, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 27 2012, 09:20 AM) *
Sensible Jones - mate, I have to say this: Polish your writing skills more and more as in this take there were some very coherent lines which I am certain that could've been even more developed, if as you said yourself, they would've received a bit more time wink.gif
It can't go anywhere but in the right direction!

Congratulations to everyone and...what should we have for next week's upcoming collab? Let's hear some suggestions - what style would you guys like to play?

Cosmin

Thanks for the kind words mate!! Much appreciated!
Congrats to everyone else and also to you for such a great mix!!
biggrin.gif

PS. I also noticed Nether's bend and also YOUR rushed one!!!
wink.gif

PPS. I've come to terms with her going away to study!! biggrin.gif

Not sure what to suggest for the next one...... huh.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Sep 27 2012, 05:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 27 2012, 05:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin!

Awesome collab as usual...and yes, I try to get well know for something else now than THAT CERTAIN RIFF laugh.gif and I think delivering epic endings to your collabs is a thing I'd like to be recognized for biggrin.gif

I wonder...should I give you some inspiration for another collab?

Maybe it is time for an acoustic ballad á la Oasis? smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 27 2012, 07:25 PM
Grace - congratulations on your first collab missie!! biggrin.gif Nice fresh lines on the chorus, which I have selected and there were also some good ideas that i have spotted in the verse part. My suggestion is to keep writing smile.gif Experience will build itself only if you allow it to, by writing and playing. I am here to support if you'd like to work on lead playing as well wink.gif

It was a special experience!! biggrin.gif Thank you Cosmin smile.gif I should definitely take some time to write (and practice more) music, I love music and I know it will always be a big important part of my life so I want to get better and better at it and all of this helps me do just that smile.gif so thanks again and your solo rocked! Also congrats to everyone else it was fun playing with all of you!! biggrin.gif wink.gif

PS: I noticed that when my part comes in the song it sounds like it started too early and it's out of rhythm but I wasn't sure if that's how it's supposed to be or if it doesn't sound like that to anyone else?

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:11 PM