> You Are Being Hunted, Debut video for EP
The Uncreator
post Sep 6 2012, 04:41 AM
Post #1

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.304

I highly urge you to watch it all, this sets up a good majority of the new two albums I am doing. The EP alone is album length (just look at the tracklisting in the video) and has three songs from the Parallel Infinities story arc, a synthis-metal tune, and a light this city cover. All for free, so keep an eye out for Sept. 18th!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Sep 7 2012, 09:05 AM
Post #2

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.839

Man! The more of the stuff I listen to from you I can't help but think you could be doing movie scores, In fact it's like you are actually creating a movie since you have the story as well as the music to go with it. Multitalented is a word that comes to mind. Have you ever considered trying to take your projects a step further and create maybe an animated sci-fi or better yet a full blown hollywood movie or maybe some kind of epic music video/movie.
To be honest I am not a big fan of the kinds of vocals you use but I do find the story and music very interesting, It kind of reminds me of Rush 2112 in a way. It's obvious a lot of time and effort was put into your projects and you have quite a bit going on in that head of yours man keep it up!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 7 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Dude, I swear you are a genius. Watched the whole thing.. that ending is so effective too, fantastic work. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
post Sep 7 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 5.023

Good stuff.

You're story telling techniques are insane.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 7 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Sep 7 2012, 07:22 PM) *
You're story telling techniques are insane.

Indeed they are. smile.gif

Brett, I may have asked you before but how do you channel your inspiration ? Do you have to be in a specific mood, place ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Sep 7 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Thanks guys, means a lot! I really appreciate it!

I actually have short stories written which will be included with the album/ EP, and which will be written into a full novel whenever I get the time for that (but it will be done!). This particular project I have been doing for 5 years, and was originally three basic songs entitled "Extinction", "Creation", and "War". Which were only loosely tied.

Then I upped it, added specific characters and events, and it became 10 songs, with a bigger story arc. Then last year I upped it again, from one album to two. 7 songs each, yet each album well over an hour long. Here is the final tracklisting

Interval 01: The Inner Universe

01 – PROLOGUE: She Dreams Of Earth
02 – EVOLVED: Transcendental Cyber-Eroticisms
03 – EXTINCTION: Swarming The Sun
04 – DREAMS: Asleep At The Gates Of Hell
05 – INTEGRATE: NeuroBond
06 – CREATION: Coalescing Particles
07 – INSIGHT: Demon Thought Process

Interval 02: The Multi-Verse

08 – VISION: In The Shadows Of Dead Worlds
09 – WAR: The Silhouette Of A Star Descending
10 – DIVISION: Atlas Will Fall When The Weight Of The Universe Becomes Apparent
11 – DEATH: Eternity Uncertain
12 – MEMORY: The Waves As They Crash Against The Stars
13 – TIME 1: Sleeping Universe
14 – TIME 2: Sovereigns Slumber

As for the inspiration, its slow but strong. I always want to be adding to this, but I have to be critical of myself too. I could rush it and release the first album by next month, but I want this to represent my abilities best as a musician and "producer" / "mixer" so I am being patient.

Inspiration came from everywhere, but honestly despite its fictitious setting and plot, the majority of this is almost completely inspired by the recent years of my life, about what I have gone through and where I am. Everything is a symbol for something and I'll never say what smile.gif Earth is a symbol, as is The Swarm. The "crime" the two scientists are accused of and the scientists themselves are both symbols. ASI though (the synthetic being in the story) is many symbols, as she struggles to understand herself and exactly what reality is. Its heavily focused on lyrics as much as music.

As for the mood, I will not write/ record/ or do anything with this concept unless I am clear-headed and calm. There is a lot of self analysis going on so I like to actually think about what I need to do as objectively and logically as possible.

Also, aliens, explosions, and laser beams are big influences as well laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 8 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 7 2012, 08:46 PM) *
Thanks guys, means a lot! I really appreciate it!

I actually have short stories written which will be included with the album/ EP, and which will be written into a full novel whenever I get the time for that (but it will be done!). This particular project I have been doing for 5 years, and was originally three basic songs entitled "Extinction", "Creation", and "War". Which were only loosely tied.

Then I upped it, added specific characters and events, and it became 10 songs, with a bigger story arc. Then last year I upped it again, from one album to two. 7 songs each, yet each album well over an hour long. Here is the final tracklisting

Interval 01: The Inner Universe

01 – PROLOGUE: She Dreams Of Earth
02 – EVOLVED: Transcendental Cyber-Eroticisms
03 – EXTINCTION: Swarming The Sun
04 – DREAMS: Asleep At The Gates Of Hell
05 – INTEGRATE: NeuroBond
06 – CREATION: Coalescing Particles
07 – INSIGHT: Demon Thought Process

Interval 02: The Multi-Verse

08 – VISION: In The Shadows Of Dead Worlds
09 – WAR: The Silhouette Of A Star Descending
10 – DIVISION: Atlas Will Fall When The Weight Of The Universe Becomes Apparent
11 – DEATH: Eternity Uncertain
12 – MEMORY: The Waves As They Crash Against The Stars
13 – TIME 1: Sleeping Universe
14 – TIME 2: Sovereigns Slumber

As for the inspiration, its slow but strong. I always want to be adding to this, but I have to be critical of myself too. I could rush it and release the first album by next month, but I want this to represent my abilities best as a musician and "producer" / "mixer" so I am being patient.

Inspiration came from everywhere, but honestly despite its fictitious setting and plot, the majority of this is almost completely inspired by the recent years of my life, about what I have gone through and where I am. Everything is a symbol for something and I'll never say what smile.gif Earth is a symbol, as is The Swarm. The "crime" the two scientists are accused of and the scientists themselves are both symbols. ASI though (the synthetic being in the story) is many symbols, as she struggles to understand herself and exactly what reality is. Its heavily focused on lyrics as much as music.

As for the mood, I will not write/ record/ or do anything with this concept unless I am clear-headed and calm. There is a lot of self analysis going on so I like to actually think about what I need to do as objectively and logically as possible.

Also, aliens, explosions, and laser beams are big influences as well laugh.gif

Awesome stuff ! I think the idea of using symbolism is great too.. I believe we only have to look around in our own lives and there's brilliant (or not brilliant) stuff to draw from.

I remember you had a song called 'Captain Bella Lind'.. is that not part of this story arc ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Sep 8 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

No, but Captain Bella Lind is like my own child, I love it to death. That one is based off the character Bella Lind from the Alastair Reynolds novel "Pushing Ice"

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Sep 8 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #9

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 14.899

Wow! Sounds killer... I can't imagine the amount of work you put into this project. Your vocals sound unique and cool for this style.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 07:57 AM