Ben Higgins
post Sep 10 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 10 2012, 09:45 AM) *
Actually they were stupid enough to start the phrase mentioning the Hospital smile.gif They were not cruel, just stupid smile.gif))

Ah I see !! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Sep 11 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #22

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (GregH @ Sep 8 2012, 08:37 PM) *
I don't know if anyone would think of it as extreme or not but I have been involved in competetive aerobatics for several years. That is flying loops and rolls (and more) in front of judges. On a typical flight I see about 8 gs positive (8 times my weight into my seat) and 6 gs negative (6 times my weight aganst my seatbelts). I fly in Unlimited catagory. I built my own aircraft to compete in. I do reasonably well in the Region (Northwest United States) (5 time regional champion) and have been in the top 10 in the Nation. I have taken a little break the last couple of years and am only flying airshows at the moment (smaller airshows, usually preforming to around 5000 to 10,000 people).
Here are a couple of pictures in flight at the US Nationals in what is called a 4 minute freestyle flight (most competition flights don't use smoke, just the 4 minute).
[attachment=28843:normal_C...9_26_106.jpg]

[attachment=28844:normal_C...9_26_109.jpg]

And here am I, sweating out my turn to fly on the starting line.
[attachment=28842:normal_C...9_28_165.jpg]

WOW! That is very Impressive Greg. I would DEFINATELY say that is extreme!
You know my friend Steve may very likely be a fan of yours , He does pattern flying with RC versions of planes similar to yours in IMAC competitions which I think is modeled from the IAC. I think they have a 4 minute freestyle as well.
Also that pylon racing looks pretty wild , Have you tried any of that?

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Sep 11 2012, 10:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Sep 11 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #23

Learning Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Sep 9 2012, 10:46 AM) *
Rock on with some Extreme Sports!!!

Awesome stuff guys, I thought I was the only crazy one.
GregH - The aerobatics flying looks like soooo much fun, I've flown a small plane, but never that extreme.
AK Rich - As for wake boarding, I know that's a lot of fun, is that Sky Ski similar?
WeePee - Wicked skateboard grind!

Personally I have done...

Surfing
Wake Boarding
Skateboarding
MotoX
Free running, also known as Parkour

Such as this...

Once when 12-14, some friends and me, got into school after hours (after getting bored at an all nighter netcafe) around 12pm-3am, broke into the swimming pool area, free running jumped up onto the school roof (1 and 1/2 stories up) to do front and back flips into the pool in our boxers. We didn't realise it was silent alarmed and the police came with a k9 unit to chase us down! Who would of thought the dog could climb a bit too. They where nice to offer us a free ride home to our parents - waking them up.

Right on Azza! Another wakeboarder! cool.gif
Yes the Sky Ski is tons of fun! It flies thru the water on that foil that kinda look like an airplane at the bottom of it, you dont even really need a wake to jump , all you have to do is get the ski riding high out of the water where the foil is just below the surface , then lean forward slightly to dip it and lean back hard and it launches out of the water easily. The faster the boat speed the higher you can jump.You can get even bigger air by launching the foil right out of the top of the boat wake for maximum air. wink.gif It is kind of a finesse thing to contol with small and subtle body leaning to ride it and when first learning it is very easy to overcorrect and get out of control.
I dont know whats more fun , riding it or watching newbies ride it , when I was first learning my brother had to stop the boat on many occasions because he couldn't drive the boat anymore from laughing so hard biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 12 2012, 07:58 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

It's always the same in all sports, right? tongue.gif Making fun of rookies is a sport in itself biggrin.gif

I remember when I first got on my skates, I was pretty...no, not pretty, but VERY fat for my age - I was weighing 87 Kilos at 13 years biggrin.gif Needless to say, all the skater dudes who were most likely thin, were making fun of me, for being a beginner AND for being fat laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
post Sep 12 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #25

GMC:er

Member No.: 6.965

Sounds like a lotta fun, Rich!

Once I tried to teach my mum how to ski, after a couple of attempts, she managed to get up partly - one leg bent and the other leg straight out in front with the ski angled upwards. She went around the lake twice in that position, everyone was clapping and through she was pro or something and doing tricks, when really she just couldn't get all the way up and keep balance. Haha - fun times.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Sep 12 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #26

Learning Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Sep 11 2012, 11:32 PM) *
Sounds like a lotta fun, Rich!

Once I tried to teach my mum how to ski, after a couple of attempts, she managed to get up partly - one leg bent and the other leg straight out in front with the ski angled upwards. She went around the lake twice in that position, everyone was clapping and through she was pro or something and doing tricks, when really she just couldn't get all the way up and keep balance. Haha - fun times.

Hahaaa Thats Awesome Azza! Go Mums!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 13 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Can you imagine that I can't ride a bicycle? biggrin.gif I would probably hit the first tree if I went up on one laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 13 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 13 2012, 08:38 AM) *

Can you imagine that I can't ride a bicycle? biggrin.gif I would probably hit the first tree if I went up on one laugh.gif

Can you not ride a bicycle ? Did you do it as a kid ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Sep 14 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #29

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 9.801

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 13 2012, 02:38 AM) *

Oh wow, Cosmin! biggrin.gif Never knew that. haha, but I have never ice-skated either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 14 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #30

Instructor
Group Icon

Ben, to my real shame, I remember giving my grandpa a hard time trying to teach me laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2017 - 06:42 PM