> Song Writing
Narzsa
post Sep 13 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 12.778

Hi Guys,

After a string of successful gigs, i felt all creative and decided i wanted to get started on some new material for my band
However i ran into my old faithful problem after i came up with a successful rift...bridging it into the next part of the song!

I have always had trouble progressing when writing. i find changes in rhythm off putting, and it doest feel like it flows. Of course once a drum beat is behind it, keeping time or through sheer per-subservience i eventually get past this block, so most of it is in my own head.

I was just wonder, what difficulties others face when writing, how you get over them?

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 13 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Great topic mate! My new Vchat series ares based on composition. We choose a band, analyze it and then compose a song inspired on them. You should check it every Friday at 20 hs.

What style do you want to compose?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Narzsa
post Sep 13 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 12.778

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 13 2012, 03:41 PM) *
Great topic mate! My new Vchat series ares based on composition. We choose a band, analyze it and then compose a song inspired on them. You should check it every Friday at 20 hs.

What style do you want to compose?

Hey mate smile.gif i ve been learning alot of sacred mothers tongue recently, (andy james)
I can come up with lots of rifts, but making them fit in a song together just seems to be a problem

The style of play is metalcore/thrash smile.gif

This is the first song i ve written in a good 2-3 years

Pretty much if i change up the rthyme, say im pedal toning a rift with some nice licks for the verse, then move into the pre-chorus and want to change up to a nice chug etc, it feels very un-natural (which sounds very odd..)

I think once the drums are behind it, it would work, and im just too much in my own head.

Cool, cheers mate, i'll see if i can catch one smile.gif

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 05:51 PM