> Hillsborogh, justice for the 96
Saoirse O'Shea
post Sep 17 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #1

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

Some of you may have seen that the UK Government has just published a report in to the Hillsborough disaster where 96 Liverpool FC football fans were crushed to death 23 years ago.

I remember the day it happened, I was working in a pub in Brighton and the TV was on to show the match. The BBC was supposed to be screening the match and what we saw instead were images of people trying to get out of the cage that they had been hearded in to by the South Yorkshire police. As the filming continued it started to become more and more apparent that many of those people were being injured in the crush. It later transpired that many were seriously injured and ultimately 96 died because of thosof their injuries.

I went to school with one of the people who died that day, hopefully now her family can find some comfort and closure.

It's taken 23 years for the truth to finally be revealed. 23 years of the police and the UK tabloid press vilifying the victims and the people of the city of Liverpool. I still refuse to look at 'The Sun' because of the lies that they printed.

For those interested here's a link to the report.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 17 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Although I was too young to remember it (I was 4 in 1989) I've always been aware of the Hillsborogh disaster but never familiar with the details.

I've despised tabloids like The Sun for a long time and I really think this should be a justifiable reason to close it down. I know that 1 publication is just the tip of the iceberg. The real problem is that people keep buying crap. But they don't want to have to think for themselves, they want easily processable titbits and gossip.

The average Joe on the street just laps it up though. If you put crap in, you get crap out and unfortunately most people are feeding themselves with crap daily so it's no wonder the British public wander around in a daze of cynical depression and fear. But that's where the media and government wants us so we keep on buying, buying, buying as our spirit to resist gets weaker.

We can't change other people though, so as long as we resolve to be the best we can be then we're doing our bit not to add to the negativity. It's down to each individual to make that choice.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, Tony smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Sep 17 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #3

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

No probs Ben.

And I agree with you about the tabloids. There used to be a time when The Mirror had a well earned reputation for investigative journalism and employed people like John Pilger. They abandoned all of that, along with their ethics, many, many years ago when they decided to sink to the level of the other tabloids. The Mail and Express are just Royal Family and celebrity gossip. Personally I don't care about which 'D' list celeb is dating who.

The Sun though is just the pits. I wouldn't even wrap my chips in it.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 01:43 PM