Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need A Pedal, gear
El Fortinero
post Oct 2 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.001

hey Grace, in my opinon you should save a little more and go for the same amp but the one with 120w, because this one (75w) comes with one 12" speaker and the other (12w) one comes with 2 12" speakers. The sound with two speakers is completely different.

and its a great amp for home playing!

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blister
post Oct 2 2012, 03:02 AM
Post #22

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 12.141

I'm no tone or guitar expert (YET! wink.gif ) But I do like Line 6 products & think modeling amps are great while you are on your quest in searching for the perfect "Grace tone"! A couple things to think about regarding Line 6 amps. They are currently on series IV meaning there have been the original, II & III so far. It also means that series V will come out eventually lowering the value of the series IV. Also, solid state amps don't retain their value well (as a general rule) even though there aren't the usual maintenance issues like needing to replace tubes.

I am a Cr@!g$list Hunter(Moderator remove if inappropriate) & have been fortunate on my purchases so far. Buying used is always a risk. I have bought an Ibanez guitar, a Carvin amp & a Line 6 Pod w/stand & Floor Board. I never purchase anything used for more than half price of what I can buy new. Never go alone!

Another negative when buying used is that you can't compare it to a competitive model like you can in a music store.

Nothing wrong with buying something new from the music store, but if you decide in a short period that you aren't satisfied with it, you will take a loss when trying to sell it or trade it. Buying used, you can usually get most of your money back. Also, if you do buy new, keep the box & all tags during the warranty period, if unsatisfied, the store may be more negotiable on exchanging if all the original packing is still with it.

Looking forward to seeing & hearing what you get! Getting new gear is so much fun! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
post Oct 2 2012, 04:22 AM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 15.859

QUOTE (derper @ Sep 24 2012, 05:51 PM) *
But I'm certainly partial to the tube-tone, and individual botique pedals. biggrin.gif

+1, hehe smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 2 2012, 07:59 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

If you want to try the tube experience - go for an AMT SS20 smile.gif The tube preamp that I am using. It only needs to be connected to your soundboard and it'll sound awesome for recording. On stage, all you have to do is connect it in the Return of the amp which you will find there and all the tone corrections can be set with the preamp itself. It will only use the power and the speaker of the amp smile.gif

AMT SS20

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
post Oct 3 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 16.315

Oh man you guys are good with this stuff lol smile.gif well right now we only had the budget for the line 6 spider IV and it's really my first "good" amp so I think for a starter it's great! And it is brand new so if anything I'll sell it and get something better later but for now I am more than happy and I want to get the pedal to control it so I can post a demo here maybe? smile.gif I still want to check out all these suggestions you guys are giving me and learn more about tube amps, I feel like I'm falling in love with tube amps and I don't even know about them lol and what Cosmin said too sounds really cool! Thanks guys!

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 3 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

I think that's a good way to start wink.gif Get this one, see if you really like it and if it does the job and in the mean time, start learning and experimenting with tube stuff smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
post Oct 3 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #27

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 3 2012, 06:51 AM) *
I think that's a good way to start wink.gif Get this one, see if you really like it and if it does the job and in the mean time, start learning and experimenting with tube stuff smile.gif

I can't wait x)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 4 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Well, talking about a new recording tongue.gif You should make up a little movie with the new amp rocking out! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
post Oct 4 2012, 09:30 AM
Post #29

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 4 2012, 07:39 AM) *
Well, talking about a new recording tongue.gif You should make up a little movie with the new amp rocking out! biggrin.gif

Lol rocking in my room tongue.gif that would be kinda funny lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 4 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #30

Instructor
Group Icon

Well, looking forward to hear the first impressions smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
post Oct 6 2012, 06:48 AM
Post #31

I'm really liking it so far smile.gif it's definitely better than what i had..it has a lot of cool stuff that made me start making up some random riffs already lol I'll have to record something with it soon for you guys since you helped me out wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 6 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #32

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Grace @ Oct 6 2012, 05:48 AM) *
I'm really liking it so far smile.gif it's definitely better than what i had..it has a lot of cool stuff that made me start making up some random riffs already lol I'll have to record something with it soon for you guys since you helped me out wink.gif

Hehe biggrin.gif let's hear it missie!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
post Oct 7 2012, 07:10 AM
Post #33

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 6 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Hehe biggrin.gif let's hear it missie!

I'll make a little demo soon I promise!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 07:35 PM