> Apprentice Bushido Task 35
GrindGuer
post Sep 29 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #21

Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.326

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 29 2012, 10:21 AM) *
So maybe you can keep up with the speed bursts and see how much further you can push it ?

It's OK with me, as I am not ready yet to record it. And we still have the 3 last licks of the previous Task to learn.
Good Job by the way on the warrior Task. It sounded awesome to me, even if you didn't seem happy about it.

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 29 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Sep 29 2012, 04:01 PM) *
It's OK with me, as I am not ready yet to record it. And we still have the 3 last licks of the previous Task to learn.
Good Job by the way on the warrior Task. It sounded awesome to me, even if you didn't seem happy about it.

Sounds good smile.gif

And thank you ! I wasn't unhappy with it though, I just found it funny !! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BTrian
post Sep 30 2012, 02:00 AM
Post #23

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 16.704

hi
watching the last few tasks here and in the warrior topics and the given time frame makes me think I'd be better up here for now smile.gif , so gonna give it a try asap.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 30 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (BTrian @ Sep 30 2012, 02:00 AM) *
hi
watching the last few tasks here and in the warrior topics and the given time frame makes me think I'd be better up here for now smile.gif , so gonna give it a try asap.

Excellent ! Good to have you onboard !! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
post Sep 30 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #25

Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star

Member No.: 6.326

QUOTE (BTrian @ Sep 30 2012, 03:00 AM) *
hi

That's cool ! The more we are, the best it is. Welcome in the Temple smile.gif

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
BTrian
post Sep 30 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #26

Learning Roadie

so my first attempt, 100 bpm and first video take ever, so don't expect too much, maybe gonna give it another try before next friday and see on which tempo I end up

started to change the way I'm holding my pick yesterday from holding it between thumb and index fingertip, anchoring with my pinky to like it is now in the video. Still need to get used to it but starts to feel comfortable on single notes, better access to pinch harmonics and seems more stable on higher tempos than what I did before. Feels a little awkward when playing chords but guess that just needs some time aswell.

from the vid I still think my main problem is in synchronization and too much movement in the left hand (mainly little finger)
really gotta do some pinky work-out stuff, as soon as it gets faster It's pretty hard to hit the strings in the right angle. Also if I put too much pressure into it the upper finger joint tends to snap in the wrong direction (got pretty gum like fingers), most likely on the little finger again :-/

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 30 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (BTrian @ Sep 30 2012, 06:00 PM) *
so my first attempt, 100 bpm and first video take ever, so don't expect too much, maybe gonna give it another try before next friday and see on which tempo I end up

started to change the way I'm holding my pick yesterday from holding it between thumb and index fingertip, anchoring with my pinky to like it is now in the video. Still need to get used to it but starts to feel comfortable on single notes, better access to pinch harmonics and seems more stable on higher tempos than what I did before. Feels a little awkward when playing chords but guess that just needs some time aswell.

from the vid I still think my main problem is in synchronization and too much movement in the left hand (mainly little finger)
really gotta do some pinky work-out stuff, as soon as it gets faster It's pretty hard to hit the strings in the right angle. Also if I put too much pressure into it the upper finger joint tends to snap in the wrong direction (got pretty gum like fingers), most likely on the little finger again :-/

Hey, nice submission !

That's a good start. Your left hand movement actually looks very good... you're instincts are correct in that synchronisation can be improved but the hand position and finger movement is very promising ! smile.gif

Do you allow your picking hand to rest against the bridge at all.. or does it float without touching the guitar ? Only reason I ask is that you use quite a lot of arm movement, even at slower speed. I can be accused of doing the same thing myself when playing fast, but for the slower stuff try to rely on your wrist movement.. as if it were only pivoting on that top wrist joint.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BTrian
post Sep 30 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #28

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 30 2012, 05:48 PM) *
Hey, nice submission !

That's a good start. Your left hand movement actually looks very good... you're instincts are correct in that synchronisation can be improved but the hand position and finger movement is very promising ! smile.gif

Do you allow your picking hand to rest against the bridge at all.. or does it float without touching the guitar ? Only reason I ask is that you use quite a lot of arm movement, even at slower speed. I can be accused of doing the same thing myself when playing fast, but for the slower stuff try to rely on your wrist movement.. as if it were only pivoting on that top wrist joint.

it isn't floating around but not really resting against the bridge either (gonna try that) ...
more like left of it on the body (and strings for higher strings in use)

the arm movement is a problem, happens most of the time when I try to do minimum plec movement with the right hand on picking and at some point it starts channeling into the elbow instead of coming out of the wrist.
gonna work on that aswell

+Quote Post
mad
post Oct 1 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #29

Accomplished Rock Star

Member No.: 11.900

I thought I'm going to spend a few minutes of my daily practice routine to start again with the bushido tasks.
So here is a first take just at 50bpm, and let's see where I can go from here until the end of the week..

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/apprenticebushidotask-35-day1

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Oct 1 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #30

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (mad @ Oct 1 2012, 09:38 AM) *
I thought I'm going to spend a few minutes of my daily practice routine to start again with the bushido tasks.
So here is a first take just at 50bpm, and let's see where I can go from here until the end of the week..

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/apprenticebushidotask-35-day1

Great, keep us updated !! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (BTrian @ Sep 30 2012, 08:28 PM) *
it isn't floating around but not really resting against the bridge either (gonna try that) ...
more like left of it on the body (and strings for higher strings in use)

the arm movement is a problem, happens most of the time when I try to do minimum plec movement with the right hand on picking and at some point it starts channeling into the elbow instead of coming out of the wrist.
gonna work on that aswell

I found that the thing that affected the efficiency of my picking the most was the angle at which my hand approaches the guitar. Experimenting with different angles may produce some interesting discoveries smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
korblitz
post Oct 2 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #31

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 16.462

http://soundcloud.com/user6968972/bushido
Sorry Sensei

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Oct 2 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #32

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (korblitz @ Oct 2 2012, 01:50 PM) *

Sorry Sensei ?? What for ?? biggrin.gif

At least you're doing it and uploading something, which is a start ! No matter what level any of us are we only did the same things which is just take one step.. then another.. and another..

I'd say that hand co ordination is definitely something you need so I would recommend you get stuck in with this !!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

Or pretty much anything which uses repeating shapes on the left hand. Any basic picking exercises, whether 3 note per string or 2, is going to target this area smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Oct 4 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #33

Accomplished Rock Star

Member No.: 11.900

here is another take at 60bpm. I practiced the lick every day for about 10-20minutes..
My left hand is getting tired very fast, so I had to make a break every minute huh.gif

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/day4-60bpm

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Oct 4 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #34

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (mad @ Oct 4 2012, 10:01 AM) *
here is another take at 60bpm. I practiced the lick every day for about 10-20minutes..
My left hand is getting tired very fast, so I had to make a break every minute huh.gif

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/day4-60bpm

Cool ! Are you finding it makes any difference ? I'm hoping that this approach will inspire confidence in your fingers / picking hand and make you realise that you can actually all tackle more than you think you can.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2017 - 08:36 PM