Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scale Sequence Fingering, Todd which do you prefer or is best from a shred POV
PosterBoy
post Oct 2 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.225

Trying to progress with my scale pattern memorisation and alt picking and speed etc. As many guitarist, I'm guess the G to B and B to G string is a stumbling point so I started focusing on that.

Whilst I can appreciate there is no right or wrong way, which have you found to be the approach that gives the most benefits when it comes to speed?

--------------------
Currently Working on

PosterBoy's Modern Riffing with Gabriel

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 15 2012, 02:10 AM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this post altogether. If you need specific feedback just pop me a PM with a link to a post so I'm sure to see it. My bad though for not noticing it before now. sad.gif But here we go!

I like these patterns/shapes quite a bit. I do this type of thing (I usually would call it moving in "Fours" (four notes at a time before returning to the primary scale sequence pattern, threes work too). The fingering really does come down to what your fingers like doing best at some point. And what you think sounds better. In general, I try to play scales using three notes per string if at all possible just in general since it makes running a scale feel smoother IMHO. But outside of that, I"d say let your fingers tell you what they like, and if possible try to be able to get comfy with a variety of fingerings/slides as you never know when it will come in handy in a solo.

Any chance you can shoot a quick vid/web cam/etc. of you playing these so I can see your hands running through patterns? It's always good to be able to see/hear what's going on.

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 2 2012, 07:48 AM) *
Trying to progress with my scale pattern memorisation and alt picking and speed etc. As many guitarist, I'm guess the G to B and B to G string is a stumbling point so I started focusing on that.

Whilst I can appreciate there is no right or wrong way, which have you found to be the approach that gives the most benefits when it comes to speed?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 03:34 AM