Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Singing Progress, Wish you where here cover
coffeeman
post Oct 17 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.793

Hey guys, I've been taking singing lesson for a couple of months now and I decided to record something, so here it is.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 17 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Cool! Congrats mate! This is a nice cover and your voice sounds very good! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Oct 17 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

You've got a great sounding voice and your English sounds really good too, for a non English person smile.gif

Well done, keep going !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
post Oct 17 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #4

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 17 2012, 09:10 AM) *
Cool! Congrats mate! This is a nice cover and your voice sounds very good! smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 17 2012, 12:26 PM) *
You've got a great sounding voice and your English sounds really good too, for a non English person smile.gif

Well done, keep going !!

Thanks a lot guys, I never thought I could sing, of course it is a long road but I'm on it. One thing that I have noticed is that singing the scales, intervals etc has helped me a lot when playing guitar.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. And I guess I'll have to learn Gaby Picnic panci lesson smile.gif

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Oct 17 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 17 2012, 07:30 PM) *
I'll keep you posted on my progress. And I guess I'll have to learn Gaby Picnic panci lesson smile.gif

Yes ! You can already play the chords so now you just gotta learn the words biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 17 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #6

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Well played and well sung! Singing is something that is honestly one of the toughest things I"ve ever tried. Even singing backup. Keep it up! Having a good voice is a rare thing!

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 17 2012, 10:00 AM) *
Hey guys, I've been taking singing lesson for a couple of months now and I decided to record something, so here it is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 18 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Good one mate! You remind me of Bob Dylan a little biggrin.gif Maybe you wanted to interpret the song that way, but it seems you rushed the vocal lines a bit in comparison to the guitar chords. But maybe it's just my silly habit of liking to slack off behind the beat a little when I sing biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
post Oct 18 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #8

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 17 2012, 03:46 PM) *
Well played and well sung! Singing is something that is honestly one of the toughest things I"ve ever tried. Even singing backup. Keep it up! Having a good voice is a rare thing!

Thanks a lot Todd , I really don't think I have a good voice, but as with the guitar with good practice and discipline we can achieve something very nice with our voices.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 18 2012, 02:32 AM) *
Good one mate! You remind me of Bob Dylan a little biggrin.gif Maybe you wanted to interpret the song that way, but it seems you rushed the vocal lines a bit in comparison to the guitar chords. But maybe it's just my silly habit of liking to slack off behind the beat a little when I sing biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot my friend, that's really a complement, and when it comes to singing and of course playing guitar it is more valuable to give it a personal touch than to copy. Your totally right, I'm trying to learn very easy songs cause it is really a problem for me to play and sing at the same time, but i'm getting there.

Thanks a lot for all your comments guys it really inspires me to keep singing and creating music.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 18 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

Buddy, trust me, I totally understand what you're going through biggrin.gif It's incredibly difficult to split your brain - sing and play in the same time, especially when you have a bunch of very complicated formulas.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
post Oct 18 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #10

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 14.225

I didn't see much tension around your throat for the higher notes, so good on you for note tightening up for them.

Great pronounciation for a non English speaker, I really struggle trying to sing Brazilian songs, getting the timing right etc

--------------------
Currently Working on

PosterBoy's Modern Riffing with Gabriel

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Oct 18 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #11

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 14.899

I find singing and playing very difficult. Awesome job on a great song. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
post Oct 18 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #12

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.935

I find singing alone very difficult. In fact I can't at all. It really is one of my biggest musical disappointments because I've always wanted to be able to just strum and sing but it just ain't happening. laugh.gif

Bravo Coffeeman. Huge respect for taking the initiative to do it in the first place, and do it well at that, and even more for putting it out there for people to hear.

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
post Oct 19 2012, 12:45 AM
Post #13

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 18 2012, 11:11 AM) *
I didn't see much tension around your throat for the higher notes, so good on you for note tightening up for them.

Great pronounciation for a non English speaker, I really struggle trying to sing Brazilian songs, getting the timing right etc

Thanks a lot my friend, I've been doing very carefuly the breathing excercises. I don't speak portuguese but if you need something in spanish just let me know.

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 18 2012, 11:28 AM) *
I find singing and playing very difficult. Awesome job on a great song. smile.gif

Thanks a lot man!

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Oct 18 2012, 12:05 PM) *
I find singing alone very difficult. In fact I can't at all. It really is one of my biggest musical disappointments because I've always wanted to be able to just strum and sing but it just ain't happening. laugh.gif

Bravo Coffeeman. Huge respect for taking the initiative to do it in the first place, and do it well at that, and even more for putting it out there for people to hear.

There's a blogger I follow who once said, that if you are doing something new and if you want to know if you are on the right track or not, do it in front of people, that way you will know and will correct your mistakes or keep on the same path. So jump and start singing my friend!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 19 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #14

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 18 2012, 11:45 PM) *
There's a blogger I follow who once said, that if you are doing something new and if you want to know if you are on the right track or not, do it in front of people, that way you will know and will correct your mistakes or keep on the same path. So jump and start singing my friend!

Good one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 12:45 PM