Gal Shredding It Up On Stratovarious Cover
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2012, 04:46 AM
GMC:er
This young gal does an AMAZING job on this Stratovarious cover. NON-fan boys, ignore the content and just watch her form. It's a clinic in effective technique. Notice how her thumb stays planted near the middle of the neck (Almost as if she'd heard me say it 1000 times in our vid chats!) and a nice arch on her fingers, keeping them close to the strings. And that PINKY! Such deft control and precision!

Just really well done. She is in a Metal band of course smile.gif Called MYSTICAL GIRLS which I just found out about. Here is the vid of her playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 20 2012, 09:51 AM
Instructor
She sure doesn't have any problems with 3 note per string shapes does she ? wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 20 2012, 10:46 AM
Their own stuff's much more interresting rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
BedroomBozo
Oct 22 2012, 07:54 AM
Watching her play Stratovarius is like watching Tom Brady play quarterback; perfect form, flawless fundamentals, cold-blooded efficiency, and TOTALLY BORING.
blink.gif

[quote name='Slavenko Erazer' date='Oct 20 2012, 10:46 AM' post='613396']
Their own stuff's much more interresting rolleyes.gif

I agree, their music is a bit more interesting. One fatal flaw though: They are all smokin' hot EXCEPT for the singer. Sad to say, but that's the exact opposite of what you want looks-wise. It's ok to have ugly lead guitarists if they can rip, or a trollish drummer because nobody can see them anyway. That formula gets exacerbated times a thousand when it's a chick band. The singer isn't nearly as good as the rest of the band talent-wise anyway, they should just drop her and try to find someone with a bit more depth and range to her voice. And oh yeah. Make sure she looks like a chick.

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by BedroomBozo: Oct 22 2012, 07:55 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2012, 06:31 PM
Instructor
Amazing technique!! Her alternate picking and sweep picking technique are so precise and effective. This should be inspiring to have more girls shredding the guitar!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:30 PM