New Song I Made Critique, out with the old in with the new
enlo22
Oct 29 2012, 07:06 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
This is something I came up with, just wanted to get it critiqued and such.. The solos a little off but it was in 1 take since it was the only time i could get my friend to record it. over all i'm satisfied just wanna hear others opinions on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0994g6wQzc...eature=youtu.be

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Oct 29 2012, 10:25 AM
GMC:er
Hey bro,

Nice job as I posted on your video great tone theres LTD for you : ) . n you really did a good job of staying in rhythm with the drums the recording part sounded professional Although this isnt my taste when Im listening to hard rock or metal which doesnt matter from a general point of view this is playing at a pro level .

If there was one thing i would mention that could use alil improvement is your phrasing in the solo abit, ur bends sound great btw, but when u were ending ur solo u bended n resolved to a note with a vibrato n then u stopped applying the vibrato halfway while u were still playing that note. was barely noticable tho it all happnd within a second. but if u hold the vibrato until u've let go of the note or slide out of that note to end ur phrase it would sound better Imo but other then that this was great mix = )

If you would critique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaox...eature=youtu.be

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Oct 29 2012, 10:34 AM

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Oct 29 2012, 05:22 PM
GMC:er
sorry this is the thread

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46561

+Quote Post
enlo22
Oct 30 2012, 12:29 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Oct 29 2012, 04:22 PM) *

It's a broken link :/ I can't see it man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2012, 12:36 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Thanks for sharing your music here at GMC! Your composition is very good. The riffs sound like a professional band and are played perfectly. The solos as you said sound a bit off, I like the idea of combining chords with Sweep Pciking arpeggios, but you have to recheck the chord that is sounding with the arpeggio that you are playing, and also be careful with the note where you bend, because it doesn't sound good over the chord sounding. Try reaching a note from the chord with the bend...
Besides that the overall idea is very interesting, keep on working on it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 30 2012, 06:52 PM
Instructor
Sounds really good, man. I like your rhythm playing, riffs and tempo changes. Your solo has got some potential but if it were me I would ignore trying to make it sound like a technical sweep solo and aim for more melody, but that's just me ! smile.gif

I like my solos to be a song within a song, something memorable and anthemic. People will remember it more and identify with it. I think the smaller mini sweep triads can still sound anthemic if you have them halfway through a solo because then it's like building up to a climax. But beginning a solo with a sequence of mid tempo sweeps sounds too much like an exercise to me.

Overall, good work !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 31 2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor
Nice riffage mate! I enjoyed it and I think it has a lot of potential, as for the solo section - focus on the relationship between the notes in the lead and the chords they are being played against in the first place! You can make a great tune from A to Z out of this if you tweak the lead according to what you'll read here biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:44 AM