Gabriel Leopardi
post Nov 27 2012, 03:58 AM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 25 2012, 03:03 AM) *
Parents and wives worldwide are thanking GMC for guitarists that now clean up in their homes!

hahaha so true!! I had to do it since I do Vchats! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 26 2012, 08:08 PM) *
Let's not forget about the PASTE option! Thank you Kris and Bogdan! The new video chat as a great improvement!

yeah! this is a GREAT addition!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
post Nov 27 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.024

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Nov 25 2012, 08:54 AM) *
biggrin.gif in my case my wife is checking now daily my room tongue.gif

Dieter

Good Bless Worldwide Woman cool.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Nov 27 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #23

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Nov 26 2012, 04:40 PM) *
Tried it earlier today and it worked like a charm. Video worked great and audio came through clear as well. Great job guys and thanks again AK and Bos for helping me get set up.

Anytime Greg smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
post Nov 29 2012, 05:43 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 15.756

Hmmmmmmm, I cant enter chat, Im not aloud? Some secret meeting maybe? or have I been a bad guitarist?
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Nov 29 2012, 06:40 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Nov 29 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #25

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Nov 29 2012, 05:43 AM) *
Hmmmmmmm, I cant enter chat, Im not aloud? Some secret meeting maybe? or have I been a bad guitarist?
Attached Image

Hi Bas I moved your post to this thread.

Are you seeing that screenshot when you enter the chat? (or is it after you have clicked around)

Have you tried logging in/out? Restart browser? Clear your cache?

Any more details you can give us that will help us recreate this problem is appreciated! (we want to see you keep rocking that video chat asap wink.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Nov 29 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #26

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Ok Bas this should now work for you - the problem was on our end. It seems you accidentally got kicked out, my apologies for this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
post Nov 29 2012, 04:48 PM
Post #27

Thanks, all is working now, Im just glad it got fixed before I missed a lesson, biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Nov 29 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #28

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 9.801

This is so freaking cool!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
post Nov 29 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #29

I think this tool would be useful if it was re-size-able , and sounds where a good way to let someone know you where in the room
Attached Image
Other than that, I think the new chat is awesome cause you can do so many new things with it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Nov 29 2012, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Nov 29 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #30

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Nov 29 2012, 05:15 PM) *
I think this tool would be useful if it was re-size-able , and sounds where a good way to let someone know you where in the room
Attached Image
Other than that, I think the new chat is awesome cause you can do so many new things with it

Try opening a chat room in a pop-up using this link : http://screencast.com/t/yyBdLhedjlF

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Nov 30 2012, 09:25 AM
Post #31

Learning Guitar Hero

The new V-Chat seems to be very popular and succesfull but I was noticing a few of the guys have been having issues with routing their audio when using plugins/software for their tone as I have been trying to help guys test and get setup so they can stream,so on behalf of those guys I thought I would bring it up here.
I first noticed it when Christian was streaming vid and his sound was a totally clean tone, although he was hearing the tone from his plugin on his end.
GregC was having problems getting it to work with plugins as well altho he did get it to work by letting his PC or webcam mic pick up the sound from his speakers but couldnt get it to work direct from his soundcard.
Hungry for Heaven seemed to be having the same issue and couldn't seem to get any sound at all to come through.
I have my tone processed before it goes into my PC so I havent had any problems other than when I had my DAW open ,then I too had no audio in my broadcast. I thought I would see if I could get a backing to come thru and play along with it in my broadcast was the reason I had my DAW running.
If anyone has any ideas for a workaround or a way to route their audio so that it can come thru using their plugins/software/DAW I am sure those guys would be gratefull. smile.gif

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Nov 30 2012, 09:37 AM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Dec 1 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 30 2012, 09:25 AM) *
The new V-Chat seems to be very popular and succesfull but I was noticing a few of the guys have been having issues with routing their audio when using plugins/software for their tone as I have been trying to help guys test and get setup so they can stream,so on behalf of those guys I thought I would bring it up here.
I first noticed it when Christian was streaming vid and his sound was a totally clean tone, although he was hearing the tone from his plugin on his end.
GregC was having problems getting it to work with plugins as well altho he did get it to work by letting his PC or webcam mic pick up the sound from his speakers but couldnt get it to work direct from his soundcard.
Hungry for Heaven seemed to be having the same issue and couldn't seem to get any sound at all to come through.
I have my tone processed before it goes into my PC so I havent had any problems other than when I had my DAW open ,then I too had no audio in my broadcast. I thought I would see if I could get a backing to come thru and play along with it in my broadcast was the reason I had my DAW running.
If anyone has any ideas for a workaround or a way to route their audio so that it can come thru using their plugins/software/DAW I am sure those guys would be gratefull. smile.gif

Very good point and feedback!
Unfortunately - there is no easy workaround for this as the issue doesn't really lie in any software used for chatting rather in the sound card itself.

To be able to accomplish this - the sound card has to have very good audio signal routing capabilities. Basically, it needs to have a versatile internal mixer software that will allow you to mix for example sound from daw, your guitar, mic and send it to one specific input channel - all mixed together. Then its just a matter of selecting that input in the video chat, skype anywhere.

I have sold my m-audio audiophile 192 sound card because of this as even though its a good card, it wasn't very versatile with this kind of thing (you just couldn't do it). Unfortunately, POD studio interfaces also have this issue with routing (you are just way to limited to do it).

I heard that EMU cards have good routing as well as RME. Not sure about the others, anyone has any advise?

--------------------
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 1 2012, 01:39 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

I might be able to help here smile.gif I"m doing exactly that. I"m using OVERLOUD plugins for guitar and going from my DAW to the computer, then chat so its.

GUITAR > INTERFACE > USB to COMPUTER >

*SECONDARY OUTPUT > INTERFACE RCA/1-8th inch adapter in to sound card on computer.

This way your processed audio goes in to your sound card. smile.gif

IMPORTANT: You must use headphones when doing things and monitor the headphone out of your INTERFACE only. You have to MUTE the output of your PC audio or you will get echo looping.

Todd

IN
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 30 2012, 06:41 PM) *
Very good point and feedback!
Unfortunately - there is no easy workaround for this as the issue doesn't really lie in any software used for chatting rather in the sound card itself.

To be able to accomplish this - the sound card has to have very good audio signal routing capabilities. Basically, it needs to have a versatile internal mixer software that will allow you to mix for example sound from daw, your guitar, mic and send it to one specific input channel - all mixed together. Then its just a matter of selecting that input in the video chat, skype anywhere.

I have sold my m-audio audiophile 192 sound card because of this as even though its a good card, it wasn't very versatile with this kind of thing (you just couldn't do it). Unfortunately, POD studio interfaces also have this issue with routing (you are just way to limited to do it).

I heard that EMU cards have good routing as well as RME. Not sure about the others, anyone has any advise?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post Dec 1 2012, 02:24 AM
Post #34

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 10.312

SMARTPHONE?
How to on iPhone? App? URL?

thanks!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Dec 1 2012, 03:09 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Dec 1 2012, 02:24 AM) *
SMARTPHONE?
How to on iPhone? App? URL?

thanks!

Text chat works for smartphones (Android and iOS). No need for installing special app.

How to access it :

Go to GMC homepage with your phone's internal browser : www.guitarmasterclass.net and login on the site as usual.
Clicking on the "chat" icon in the header will open up the chat component, direct link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/chat

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Dec 1 2012, 05:16 AM
Post #36

Learning Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 30 2012, 03:39 PM) *
I might be able to help here smile.gif I"m doing exactly that. I"m using OVERLOUD plugins for guitar and going from my DAW to the computer, then chat so its.

*SECONDARY OUTPUT > INTERFACE RCA/1-8th inch adapter in to sound card on computer.

IMPORTANT: You must use headphones when doing things and monitor the headphone out of your INTERFACE only. You have to MUTE the output of your PC audio or you will get echo looping.

Todd

IN

Just want to make sure I understand this ,Secondary output = you are taking the output from your computer such as a headphone jack for example and routing it back thru your interface and into your computer again thru the line in for example on your soundcard?
Muting the output of your computer audio doesn't kill the signal going back thru the interface and into your computer?
I may be confused here rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Socky42
post Dec 1 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 10.762

for Mac users, they can use Soundflower, which creates virtual input/outputs from programs. So I can use the output of my DAW straight to the audio input of the webcam or whatever.

Theres a similar program on windows called 'Virtual Audio Cable', theres a free trial for it that'll work I guess.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
post Dec 1 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #38

Learning Guitar Lord

Member No.: 15.794

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Dec 1 2012, 09:29 AM) *
for Mac users, they can use Soundflower, which creates virtual input/outputs from programs. So I can use the output of my DAW straight to the audio input of the webcam or whatever.

Theres a similar program on windows called 'Virtual Audio Cable', theres a free trial for it that'll work I guess.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

This is really interesting. Thanks for the post smile.gif I can now use virtual cables for software that run on my virtual machine biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
post Dec 1 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #39

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 15.492

OK i just wanna say how i do it !

imac and OSX

Vchat

video with i face -- on board camera

sound or voice -- over Zoom G3 as line in (USB Interface) in Sytemsettings by using Garageband where you could integrate
any software for example Amplitude

output for myself at home my or any speaker system

so one sound direct to chat and one separate at home no echo prob.

Soon i get a mic too and this over Zoom G3 for conversation should work too , will see.

Zoom G3 on window i got no experience but would be interesting too .

Dieter

+Quote Post
vonhotch
post Dec 2 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 15.741

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 1 2012, 12:39 AM) *

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 1 2012, 04:16 AM) *
Just want to make sure I understand this ,Secondary output = you are taking the output from your computer such as a headphone jack for example and routing it back thru your interface and into your computer again thru the line in for example on your soundcard?
Muting the output of your computer audio doesn't kill the signal going back thru the interface and into your computer?
I may be confused here rolleyes.gif

I thought he meant the secondary out put from the interface. I might be confused as well. I had problems in vchat today. I selected my interface for the sound source but no one could hear me. If I use headphones from my interface, and run a cord from the rca out of the interface to the mic in on the computer, then select the mic as my input will that solve the problem?

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 12:51 PM