2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> He Who Wakes Up Early ..., Freezes to the Bone!!
Ben Higgins
post Dec 15 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 15 2012, 05:01 PM) *
Party pooper dry.gif

One can still party without pregnancy !! cool.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Dec 16 2012, 01:49 AM
Post #22

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 15 2012, 08:03 AM) *
One can still party without pregnancy !! cool.gif

Heh I wonder if those who believe in population control would mind sacrificing themselves for the good of the planet tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Dec 16 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 16 2012, 12:49 AM) *
Heh I wonder if those who believe in population control would mind sacrificing themselves for the good of the planet tongue.gif

Don't get me wrong Rich, I'm not saying people shouldn't have kids.. just that it's good for people to be brought up to realise that it is and should be a choice, not an obligation that is forced into people's minds through conditioning. How many people grow up, get married, have 2.4 children and then realise it's not what they really wanted ? They did it just because they thought 'it's what you did.'

Again, not saying the above isn't right or good. It is. But it's right from some and not right for others. Either way, it's up to the individual to look inside and find out and follow their heart.

I'm not anti-having children. I would just like to categorically state that before anybody here gets the wrong idea smile.gif I'm anti-irresponsibility.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Dec 16 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #24

Learning Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 16 2012, 01:08 AM) *
Don't get me wrong Rich, I'm not saying people shouldn't have kids.. just that it's good for people to be brought up to realise that it is and should be a choice, not an obligation that is forced into people's minds through conditioning. How many people grow up, get married, have 2.4 children and then realise it's not what they really wanted ? They did it just because they thought 'it's what you did.'

Again, not saying the above isn't right or good. It is. But it's right from some and not right for others. Either way, it's up to the individual to look inside and find out and follow their heart.

I'm not anti-having children. I would just like to categorically state that before anybody here gets the wrong idea smile.gif I'm anti-irresponsibility.

Sorry Ben, I guess I did get you wrong, I sincerely apologize for that, and I agree that some irresponsible people probably should not have children. However, I would like to point out that a reason for any conditioning that people must reproduce at an average rate of 2.1 children per woman is to insure the survival of the race with zero population growth. If you factor in child mortality rates, some countries or regions must have an even higher replacement level just to break even in the long run. Simply put, continued low birth rates or replacement level fertility can result in the extinction of a given race or the human race alltogether for that matter.
I agree with you of course that having children is not for everyone and is a choice but by the same token the choice to have children must not be regulated and is a dangerous practice for the survival of the human race in my and others opinion, so I don't see anything wrong with encouraging people to have children.
Children are the future.

The following is taken from "Where Have All The Childern Gone" by Pavel Kohout.

In the third century AD there was a prophet called Mani. He preached a doctrine of conflict between Good and Evil. He saw the material world as the devil's creation. Marriage and motherhood was a grave sin in his view, since by bearing children people multiply the works of Satan. The Manichean ideal was to move mankind to a superterrestrial realm of Good by way of gradual extinction.
In the course of history, Manicaeism was ruthlessly eradicated as an heretical, ungodly doctrine. When looking at demographic statistics, however, one might think that the populations in developed countries have converted en masse to Manichaeism and decided to become extinct. The birth rate in most western countries has fallen bellow replacement level.

In the so-called "New Europe", the situation is even gloomier. According to UN projections, Latvia will lose 44 percent of its population by 2050 as a result of demographic trends. In Estonia, the population is expected to shrink by 52 percent, in Bulgaria 36 percent, in Ukraine 35 percent, and in Russia 30 percent. In comparison with these figures, the projected population decline in Italy (22 percent), the Czech Republic (17 percent), Poland (15 percent) or Slovakia (8 percent) looks like a small decrease. France and Germany will lose relatively little population, and the population of the United Kingdom will even see a slght growth — thanks to immigrants.

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/...ion/pc0039.html

Replacement level fertility and future population growth.>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7834459

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Dec 16 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 16 2012, 08:34 PM) *
Sorry Ben, I guess I did get you wrong, I sincerely apologize for that, and I agree that some irresponsible people probably should not have children. However, I would like to point out that a reason for any conditioning that people must reproduce at an average rate of 2.1 children per woman is to insure the survival of the race with zero population growth. If you factor in child mortality rates, some countries or regions must have an even higher replacement level just to break even in the long run. Simply put, continued low birth rates or replacement level fertility can result in the extinction of a given race or the human race alltogether for that matter.
I agree with you of course that having children is not for everyone and is a choice but by the same token the choice to have children must not be regulated and is a dangerous practice for the survival of the human race in my and others opinion, so I don't see anything wrong with encouraging people to have children.
Children are the future.

The following is taken from "Where Have All The Childern Gone" by Pavel Kohout.

In the third century AD there was a prophet called Mani. He preached a doctrine of conflict between Good and Evil. He saw the material world as the devil's creation. Marriage and motherhood was a grave sin in his view, since by bearing children people multiply the works of Satan. The Manichean ideal was to move mankind to a superterrestrial realm of Good by way of gradual extinction.
In the course of history, Manicaeism was ruthlessly eradicated as an heretical, ungodly doctrine. When looking at demographic statistics, however, one might think that the populations in developed countries have converted en masse to Manichaeism and decided to become extinct. The birth rate in most western countries has fallen bellow replacement level.

In the so-called "New Europe", the situation is even gloomier. According to UN projections, Latvia will lose 44 percent of its population by 2050 as a result of demographic trends. In Estonia, the population is expected to shrink by 52 percent, in Bulgaria 36 percent, in Ukraine 35 percent, and in Russia 30 percent. In comparison with these figures, the projected population decline in Italy (22 percent), the Czech Republic (17 percent), Poland (15 percent) or Slovakia (8 percent) looks like a small decrease. France and Germany will lose relatively little population, and the population of the United Kingdom will even see a slght growth — thanks to immigrants.

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/...ion/pc0039.html

Replacement level fertility and future population growth.>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7834459

No need to apologise Rich, I didn't get that vibe from you at all, I just thought I'd explain my, perhaps, weird choice of comments ! smile.gif

That's some interesting statistics, I wouldn't have thought that be honest. What do I know ? We all know opinions are as useful as a chocolate fire guard anyway so ignore mine ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Dec 16 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #26

Learning Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 16 2012, 11:43 AM) *
No need to apologise Rich, I didn't get that vibe from you at all, I just thought I'd explain my, perhaps, weird choice of comments ! smile.gif

That's some interesting statistics, I wouldn't have thought that be honest. What do I know ? We all know opinions are as useful as a chocolate fire guard anyway so ignore mine ! smile.gif

biggrin.gif Usefull as a chocolate fire gaurd, mind if I use that sometime? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Dec 17 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 13 2012, 09:46 AM) *
No, I'll wait for temperature to raise to -10!

BTW, It's cool time to tune guitar to D and practice some Brutal Technical Death Metal cool.gif

Dude, it's always good to do that, even if it's not freezing biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
post Dec 17 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #28

GMC:er

Member No.: 15.024

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 17 2012, 12:08 AM) *
Dude, it's always good to do that, even if it's not freezing biggrin.gif

Brutal Technical Death Metal even in summer on +30 C Dude???
my body temperature turns to +45 then Dude , and i can devastate whole fridge full of beer then tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Dec 17 2012, 10:24 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2017 - 09:42 AM