Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If You Could Go Back In Time..
Bossie
post Dec 20 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.711

we found some ancient roman coins last year, it would be nice if i could go back and return them..can't believe they were so slobby with money tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mroberts70
post Dec 20 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 16.646

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 20 2012, 11:50 AM) *
I'll be back in the beginning of 80's when METAL RULED THE WORLD!!!

Me too!! Cept I'd take my better effects processor with me, the one I had sucked! However my Holy Grail Baretta would be cool to have back... Oh, and I wouldn't have stopped playing and had that huge time span inbetween mellow.gif

I can see you stopping off in the 80's, grabbing a cool 80's axe, a Marshall Stack and a power generator then heading back to the midevil times and playing theme music during those epic sword and catapult battles. laugh.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Dec 20 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 20 2012, 02:26 PM) *
One of the biggest travesties of history. I was watching a program and a guy of American Indian descent said about the people taking their land and killing etc.. 'There was loads of land.. all they had to do was ask !'

That says it all smile.gif

It certainly does!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Dec 21 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 20 2012, 02:53 PM) *
No man love, I'm sorry

Cloud of Sparrows

Warrior clans nursing ancient grudges. Western missionaries brandishing pistols. Beautiful geishas who are deadly ninjas.

1861 - after two centuries of isolation Japan has been forced to open its doors. Now new influences are tearing apart the old order. Japan is as unprepared for outsiders as missionaries are for samurai assassins, executions and honour killings. Genji's life is at risk. He plans his escape to the Cloud of Sparrows but the road is long and there are many places along the way for brutal samurai to attack -The demons of the past, the treachery of the present, an uncertain future are about to collide in the most terrifying ways.

Autumn Bridge

The year is 1311, in the highest tower of Cloud of Sparrows Castle, a beautiful woman watches from the window as the city is set alight and a mob runs riot destroying everything they can lay their hands on. She begins to write down the events unfolding around her and the secret history of the Okumichi Clan. Six centuries later the lost scrolls fall into the hands of American missionary Emily Gibson, a new arrival at Edo Harbour and racing from her tragic past. Emily quickly finds herself translating the text, caught up in the gripping tale of ancestry, heroism and forbidden love. At the same time Emily is desperately traying to unravel the complexities in her own life as two men fight for her love. As Emily sifts through the fragile scrolls, she begins to see threads of her own life woven into the ancient writings. As past and present collide, a hidden history comes to life, and with it a secret prophecy that has been shrouded for centuries and may now finally be revealed.

I don't normally read historical fiction but I have to say they do sound good, especially the first smile.gif

QUOTE (Bossie @ Dec 20 2012, 04:22 PM) *
we found some ancient roman coins last year, it would be nice if i could go back and return them..can't believe they were so slobby with money tongue.gif

Yeah, no wonder their empire crumbled !! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Dec 21 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Well, as I might've mentioned, hopefully enough, next year I will be traveling to Japan and visiting some scared spots such as Miyamoto Musashi and Tsukahara Bokuden's graves for starters... So, I will be experiencing the real deal in what regards the history of this amazing country... But FIRST! Let's get there biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 01:29 PM