2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Looking For Fresh Music...
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2012, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! It's been a while since I discovered a new band with Fresh music... so I decided to start this thread to invite you to share new bands that you find fresh and promising...

Let's start sharing! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 21 2012, 06:50 PM
GMC:er
This is very Fresh and Perspective band

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 21 2012, 07:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Not sure if you have heard of these bands:

Sinew are a german band, they are somewhat comparable to Muse or Tool and they sing english

I'm pretty sure you are gonna like Shinedown, their album this year was pretty awesome!

And these guys are one of the german top bands this year, they mix indie rock with rap. Seen them live a couple of times and I really like them (though there are many people in Germany who hate them, for whatever reason laugh.gif )

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2012, 07:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 21 2012, 03:09 PM) *
Not sure if you have heard of these bands:

Sinew are a german band, they are somewhat comparable to Muse or Tool and they sing english

I'm pretty sure you are gonna like Shinedown, their album this year was pretty awesome!

And these guys are one of the german top bands this year, they mix indie rock with rap. Seen them live a couple of times and I really like them (though there are many people in Germany who hate them, for whatever reason laugh.gif )

I really enjoyed Sinew song! I'll check more songs by them.. I know Shinedown... Devour is my favorite song by them... thanks mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Dec 23 2012, 02:02 AM
Here is a few bands I have been found lately.
This song gets stuck in my head for days when I listen to it.

These guys have a combination of stoner rock and sludge that I really like

Royal Thunder I have seen on a lot of "Best of 2012 metal album" lists. I think it's a great album. This is the main single from the album but I think "Parsonz curse" is my favorite song.

Some honorable mentions would be a band called Sonance. The have an awesome blend of post metal sludge. And I just found out about a band called Dragged into sunlight, whose new album is pretty cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 23 2012, 07:32 AM
i will dig in my library! and post something as soon as i've something

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2012, 05:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Dec 22 2012, 10:02 PM) *
Here is a few bands I have been found lately.
This song gets stuck in my head for days when I listen to it.

These guys have a combination of stoner rock and sludge that I really like

Royal Thunder I have seen on a lot of "Best of 2012 metal album" lists. I think it's a great album. This is the main single from the album but I think "Parsonz curse" is my favorite song.

Some honorable mentions would be a band called Sonance. The have an awesome blend of post metal sludge. And I just found out about a band called Dragged into sunlight, whose new album is pretty cool.

Thanks for the links mate! I will explore these bands... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Dec 23 2012, 09:55 PM
Adrenaline Mob
A super group (Russell Allen (Symphony X) Vocals, Mike Orlando Guitar, Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater) drums, John Moyer (Disturbed) bass)

Anyways, haven't really found any new bands yet, more been in the search of instrumental music and that resulted in a lot of solo guitarists tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 21 2012, 06:21 PM) *
I really enjoyed Sinew song! I'll check more songs by them.. I know Shinedown... Devour is my favorite song by them... thanks mate!

Ha! I also like Devour biggrin.gif and seen Shinedown live in Germany back in 2009 - That Rock Im Park festival has marked my life laugh.gif

I got one for ya Gabe ->

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Dec 24 2012, 10:10 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 29 2012, 02:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey Gabe, have you heard 'Crobot'?
I only stumbled across them recently but they are worth checking out. Ive only just started listening to their album but this track is particulary good I thought.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2012, 03:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 29 2012, 10:59 AM) *
hey Gabe, have you heard 'Crobot'?
I only stumbled across them recently but they are worth checking out. Ive only just started listening to their album but this track is particulary good I thought.

Wou!! I didn't know this band.. great song! Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 29 2012, 05:21 PM
I love these threads, it gives me loads more music to check out!!
My two finds this year were Jake Bugg (as posted in the other thread and
Lisa Hannigan!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2012, 01:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 29 2012, 01:21 PM) *
I love these threads, it gives me loads more music to check out!!
My two finds this year were Jake Bugg (as posted in the other thread and
Lisa Hannigan!

yeah! It's awesome how many cool music you can discover in a thread like this one... smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 24 2012, 06:09 AM) *
Ha! I also like Devour biggrin.gif and seen Shinedown live in Germany back in 2009 - That Rock Im Park festival has marked my life laugh.gif

I got one for ya Gabe ->

Thanks Cosmin! I like this song and their style. I'm curious about the other stuff by them.

QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Dec 23 2012, 05:55 PM) *
Adrenaline Mob
A super group (Russell Allen (Symphony X) Vocals, Mike Orlando Guitar, Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater) drums, John Moyer (Disturbed) bass)

Anyways, haven't really found any new bands yet, more been in the search of instrumental music and that resulted in a lot of solo guitarists tongue.gif

I knew about this band but I've never heard it.. I will check this song as soon as second time I'm hearing Paulson's song ends.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Dec 30 2012, 01:36 AM
I really like these guys. I found about them (as with a lot of bands I like) on www.heavyplanet.net and obviously it's a cool website it brought me to GMC!! They were yesterdays "new band to burn one to". I like threads like this too. It's cool to see the variety of music that people like that is not so well known.

<iframe width="400" height="100" style="position: relative; display: block; width: 400px; height: 100px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/album=3534290860/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"><a href="http://alephnull.bandcamp.com/album/dale-ep">Dale EP by Aleph Null</a></iframe>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2012, 12:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 29 2012, 02:24 PM) *
Wou!! I didn't know this band.. great song! Thanks for sharing!

Oh MAN! Aside from this being a good song, the guitarist looks incredibly close to a friend of mine who is also a guitarist laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
May 29 2013, 10:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 21 2012, 06:48 PM) *
Hey guys! It's been a while since I discovered a new band with Fresh music... so I decided to start this thread to invite you to share new bands that you find fresh and promising...

Let's start sharing! smile.gif

hey Gab, have you heard these guys - 'Ten Foot Wizard' ?
Stoner type stuff from the UK. Ive been getting quite into them. the singer reminds me a bit of Neil Fallon....... which is no bad thing biggrin.gif

they just released their debut album........ its damn good!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 30 2013, 10:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
not really a new band but ive been listening alot to this album, wich is in flames most recent album and i think the best, this tune rocks

QUOTE (bleez @ May 29 2013, 09:29 PM) *
Stoner type stuff from the UK. Ive been getting quite into them. the singer reminds me a bit of Neil Fallon....... which is no bad thing biggrin.gif

nother good one from bleez! i noticed its that same groovy kinda music like crobots and orchid. this band kinda remids me of clutch

+Quote Post
Spock
May 30 2013, 11:00 AM
I posted this in another thread but this one is more appropriate.

This is a local band that just released a 5 song EP produced by the guy that produced Shinedown, Rick Beato. I played with the drummer in my last band (Cosmic Circle) and the drummer's brother, now I am still playing with the drummer's brother. Years ago I was in a band called Smokin' Betty and decided to leave bands as I was working full time and pursuing an education in psychology - which was a full plate, so before I left I brought in the bald guitarist in this band (Mark). It's crazy how intermingled the story is about how these guys ultimately got together, but they're all really good guys (even though I don't know the bassist) and I'm proud of them and what they've achieved.

They've opened a few times for Guns and Roses as well as 7 Dust.

Kelen Heller from Greenville, South Carolina

If you like this kind of music you can download their EP from iTunes for $4.95
here" https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/limited-e...-ep/id595423575

I love the song "Without the Pain". The chorus sticks in my head.

And they've got some great songs on there - major hooks that keep your shoulders bouncing.

This post has been edited by Spock: May 30 2013, 11:15 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2013, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 29 2013, 06:29 PM) *

They are very rocker! I like the style. Thanks!

QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 30 2013, 06:28 AM) *
not really a new band but ive been listening alot to this album, wich is in flames most recent album and i think the best, this tune rocks

nother good one from bleez! i noticed its that same groovy kinda music like crobots and orchid. this band kinda remids me of clutch

I have been a big fan of this band but I haven't checked their latest albums. Is this one from a new album?

QUOTE (Spock @ May 30 2013, 07:00 AM) *
I posted this in another thread but this one is more appropriate.

This is a local band that just released a 5 song EP produced by the guy that produced Shinedown, Rick Beato. I played with the drummer in my last band (Cosmic Circle) and the drummer's brother, now I am still playing with the drummer's brother. Years ago I was in a band called Smokin' Betty and decided to leave bands as I was working full time and pursuing an education in psychology - which was a full plate, so before I left I brought in the bald guitarist in this band (Mark). It's crazy how intermingled the story is about how these guys ultimately got together, but they're all really good guys (even though I don't know the bassist) and I'm proud of them and what they've achieved.

They've opened a few times for Guns and Roses as well as 7 Dust.

Kelen Heller from Greenville, South Carolina

If you like this kind of music you can download their EP from iTunes for $4.95
here" https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/limited-e...-ep/id595423575

I love the song "Without the Pain". The chorus sticks in my head.

And they've got some great songs on there - major hooks that keep your shoulders bouncing.

Awesome story! You know how to create powerful rock/metal bands there in your city! They are promising.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 30 2013, 10:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 30 2013, 02:54 PM) *
I have been a big fan of this band but I haven't checked their latest albums. Is this one from a new album?

yea album from 2012, i didnt know they had a new album till i lookedit up on itunes

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:40 PM